AA loan process - help!

Options

Comments

• jamiesmachon
    Options
    Hi,
    I just wanted to add my own experiences so for with The AA as a loan provider and it's simply terrible!
    I applied online on a Sunday night and signed my online agreement, I then got as everyone else has the confirmation email stating that the funds would be in my account withing "2 working days"

Four days later I then spent a total of 1.5hrs on hold to speak to someone on the phone to ask what was going on.

They said that the application was sent to the underwriter on the Tuesday and could be with them for up to 5 working days before they make a final decision; which is not what their website or email correspondence states. They then stated that upon accesptance it can then take an additional 2 working days to deliver the agreed funds.

In short it is actually 7 working days not 2 but at this point I feel this is also a load of noncence.

I will post again with an update on wheather or not funds actually clear on the 7th day; but by that time I feel the opportunity I had and the whole point of the loan will have passed and I won't need it anymore.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    I just wanted to add my own experiences so for with The AA as a loan provider and it's simply terrible!
    I applied online on a Sunday night and signed my online agreement, I then got as everyone else has the confirmation email stating that the funds would be in my account withing "2 working days"

Four days later I then spent a total of 1.5hrs on hold to speak to someone on the phone to ask what was going on.

They said that the application was sent to the underwriter on the Tuesday and could be with them for up to 5 working days before they make a final decision; which is not what their website or email correspondence states. They then stated that upon accesptance it can then take an additional 2 working days to deliver the agreed funds.

In short it is actually 7 working days not 2 but at this point I feel this is also a load of noncence.

I will post again with an update on wheather or not funds actually clear on the 7th day; but by that time I feel the opportunity I had and the whole point of the loan will have passed and I won't need it anymore.
    In that case cancel the application now.
  • Ablueroom
    Options
    Stated as accepted after online app completed, stated money would be in my account within two working days - then no money and no communication whatsoever. Called a few times on the 0124 number (you cannot contact them any other way) but had to give up each time after over a half hour of waiting. Lost the car we wanted as I didn’t have the loan leaving my wife very upset. Will cancel the loan as soon as I can and will NEVER use the AA for ANYTHING again. Sainsbury’s Bank will now get my business.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ablueroom wrote: »
    Stated as accepted after online app completed, stated money would be in my account within two working days - then no money and no communication whatsoever. Called a few times on the 0124 number (you cannot contact them any other way) but had to give up each time after over a half hour of waiting. Lost the car we wanted as I didn’t have the loan leaving my wife very upset. Will cancel the loan as soon as I can and will NEVER use the AA for ANYTHING again. Sainsbury’s Bank will now get my business.

Im sure your wife will recover from it.
  • jamiesmachon
    Options
    So here is an update on the shambolic AA loan application process.

I called the 0345 number, was on hold for 10 mins and was hung up on by an AA helpline opporator.

I then called the following number I found on the AAs website 0800 032 0034 these people were very helpful and took my complaint. But I still needed to talk to the people on the end of the 0345 number so they called it for me. We were on hold for 20mins. The gentleman then took this as additional firsthand content for my complaint and I proceeded to hold. 1hr elapsed and the phone was hung up on again by an AA helpline opporator.

I called the 0345 number again and was on hold for 20mins before an AA opporator answered.

So that's now a total of 1.5hrs on hold or talking to the wrong department. The gentleman took the brunt of my complaint and frustrations and simple said I couldn't cancel my loan application. This is exactly what he had to say about the whole fiasco:

"Once you have signed your credit agreement you cannot cancel your application, you have to wait until the underwriter makes a decision to accept or decline your application. At the moment this process is taking 7 working days!!! You will know the outcome before we do as you will either receive funds in your bank account or receive a letter of refusal before our system is even updated."

So in a nutshell it is currently taking the underwriter an undeterminable number of working days to make a decision to either accept or decline a loan application!

All I can say is that I have had an awfully and very misguiding experience with the AA as a lender and will never be doing business with them again!!

Again I will give an update of how long it has taken from application submission to acceptance or refusal.

All the best
    Jamie
  • FrankRizzo
    FrankRizzo Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also had the same misleading timescale issue which is really annoying as this was one of the reasons I choose AA over a cheaper provider.

Can I ask if you already bank with Nationwide and that’s why you may have received the money faster?

Thanks
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I thought AA was a broker for loans rather than the actual lender. Presumably this adds extra time as the application gets farmed out to the actual lender for them to make a decision.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • FrankRizzo
    FrankRizzo Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes that’s true but the timescales they advertise are missleading
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FrankRizzo wrote: »
    Yes that’s true but the timescales they advertise are missleading
    The costs they quote for breakdown cover is also misleading as they will provide the same level of cover for a lot less money if you haggle with them.

That's the AA for you....
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • Pegasaurus
    Options
    Oh flip. I wish I'd seen this thread before I applied (and, seemingly, was accepted) for an AA loan on Wednesday after the whole Experian credit matcher recommended it.

!!!!!!.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure