Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 October 2018 at 8:17AM
    I am a USIO customer I have yet to have the smart meter installed, so what happens to me? I have been waiting nearly 3 months for the install. How do they know what my previous readings were?

Also do I change suppliers myself or wait as OFGEN has said?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74780609&postcount=279 :cool:

You would have supplied meter readings to Usio when you joined them (or if you didn't, they would have already been estimated)

I suspect you won't be getting the smart meters you were expecting Usio to arrange installation of. (which is probably a good thing as they probably wouldn't work as smart meters with your new supplier anyway ;)) If you still want smart meters, you will need to ask your new supplier.

You are aware of the advice Ofgem has provided :cool:
  • theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    spike274 wrote: »

Just checked https://www.energyhelpline.com and the current cheapest deal is over £140 more that our deal with Usio :(

I wish...mine is set to increase by at least £260!

:sad:
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    theyiddo wrote: »
    I wish...mine is set to increase by at least £260!

:sad:

Of course, any price difference will depned on your supply region, how much you use, and what tariff you are currently on.

If you are on a fixed traiff you agreed sometime ago, it may cost you £260 per year more, but you must remember that you probably wouldn't have 12 months left to run on the tariff.

Looking at a recently available tariff, such as Smart 5.4 with an expiry of October 2019, then there are currently tariffs available that are very closely matched to those costs.
  • theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 16 October 2018 at 9:23AM
    wavelets wrote: »
    Of course, any price difference will depned on your supply region, how much you use, and what tariff you are currently on.

If you are on a fixed traiff you agreed sometime ago, it may cost you £260 per year more, but you must remember that you probably wouldn't have 12 months left to run on the tariff.

Looking at a recently available tariff, such as Smart 5.4 with an expiry of October 2019, then there are currently tariffs available that are very closely matched to those costs.

...afraid not for me. Just double checked mine - as I keep a spreadsheet of available tariffs to work out the best for me - and the cheapest (British Gas of all people!) is £232 a year more than my tariff with Usio. So yes, I would still have expect to pay more anyway in 7mths or so at current rates- but who knows what the tariffs would be in 7mths time. So at the very least I'll be paying £135 more just for those remaining 7mths of my contract.
  • Will we be billed at the Usio rate up to the point they went bust? I joined in July, and have never had a bill from them, just supplied an opening reading when switching
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Will we be billed at the Usio rate up to the point they went bust? I joined in July, and have never had a bill from them, just supplied an opening reading when switching

Yes, you can expect to pay the rates you contractually agreed with Usio for the energy Usio supplied you.
  • Thanks all,

It's annoying, but I suppose no more of a financial hit then if they had simply raised their prices (which they could have done as I didn't take a fixed rate deal)
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ...afraid not for me. ...
    . So yes, I would still have expect to pay more anyway in 7mths or so ...

I'm sorry. I'm confused.
    Which part of my post that you quoted were you saying "...afraid not for me." :huh:

but who knows what the tariffs would be in 7mths time. ....
    No one knows for sure, but prices are generally on the up at the moment.
    MSE suggest people even grab a fix at this late stage (although most of the cheap deals have already been removed). Based on the recent MSE collectives switches, MSE even suggests fixing for longer than 12 months (i.e. 18 months or longer), which probably signifies where they think the market will be in 12 months time, let alone in just 7 months time.
  • Shelley84
    Shelley84 Posts: 236 Forumite
    I understand the advice to current customers, however I am mid switch from Eon to Usio. I started the process at the end of September and my first DD is due on the 29th Oct. I think they officially start being my supplier on that day.
    I'm not technically a customer of theirs yet. Will the new supplier still carry on switching me over to them? Or do I look for another provider?
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Shelley84 wrote: »
    I started the process at the end of September and my first DD is due on the 29th Oct. I think they officially start being my supplier on that day.

Switching usually takes 21 days, so I'm not sure why it's looking like 29 days plus for you.

Can you check when you signed up as you might be able to cancel in cooling off, assuming you can contact anyone!
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure