Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy

Comments

• The way I see it is this. Together have got themselves in a terrible mess. Their IT systems have been a mess. The billing hasn't happened and mistakes have been made. The staff are under considerable pressure and what started well has just provoked negativity all round.

However, there is currently a glimmer of hope. Bills to December have been issued and updated bills are promised shortly. Their act is coming together. I am on a decent tariff or I would have moved by now. My current contract ends in July and I will stick with them.

They have suffered huge reputational damage and it will take some effort to turn this around.
    Je suis sabot...
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 9 March 2018 at 8:18PM
    Well well, just received an email saying my bill was available.

FOR MY OLD ADDRESS!

That I moved from nearly 3 months ago, sent them final meter reads, yet still they are estimating my energy use.

Thankfully I can now let the ombudsman take care of this ridiculous mess.

Not sure I like this pure cheek on the "bill" either:

"Yes, as you have never supplied us with a reading we
    cannot be certain that your account will balance over
    the upcoming months. Please get into contact with us
    as soon as possible to provide readings. "

wow, just wow!
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I know this company is not brilliant and that some customers have had terrible experiences but how many like me have had not too bad a time of it. Yes I know they are now extremely slow at billing since their system 'upgrade' at the end of last year but...

I had no issues with the switch, I'm only paying 7% more (year on year) since I ditched BG last September. Ok they have put my DD up but my consumption has increased over my normal consumption due to the weather earlier this year. It will be interesting to see what they offer me at the end of my contract as the latest comparison on Cheap Energy Club shows only a £6 per month rise over my original contract price. I personally can put up with the service level, If the price is right.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    At least two of us on here have had renewal quotes based on completely wrong consumption figures. If you're comparing, look at the actual tariff and fixed charge. My tariff would have gone up from 11.658 to 13.139p and fixed down from 24.426 to 18.934p per day. However, they think my annual cost will increase from around £600 to £1,250 because they are completely incompetent.

I honestly think that we consumers should not put up with "not too bad".

Anyway, I have left now, thank goodness.
    Je suis sabot...
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    At least two of us on here have had renewal quotes based on completely wrong consumption figures. If you're comparing, look at the actual tariff and fixed charge. My tariff would have gone up from 11.658 to 13.139p and fixed down from 24.426 to 18.934p per day. However, they think my annual cost will increase from around £600 to £1,250 because they are completely incompetent.

I honestly think that we consumers should not put up with "not too bad".

Anyway, I have left now, thank goodness.
    I will check it very carefully when (and if) it appears - thanks for the heads up
  • Tony_Langley
    Tony_Langley Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 21 August 2018 at 11:19AM
    They didn't handle the swap correctly. They ignored my meter readings and used made up ones. They consistently ignored all of my efforts over a 6 month period to remedy this. Ofgem have upheld my complaint but they appear to have no regard for Ofgem as my account is still not correct.
    If they don't acknowledge scrutiny from the regulator what chance have we as customers got?
    Update 21/8/18 - They still haven't carried out the Ofgem remedial actions. My account is still incorrect on the portal which appears to be dead. They haven't sent me an apology as required by Ofgem. They haven't shown any proof of addition of the "Goodwill" payment to either myself or Ofgem after having been told by Ofgem to do so last week.
    Once I complained to Ofgem they refused to talk to me on the subject. Honestly, how bad can they be?
  • Together Energy upped our direct debit by 25% even though the account was in a small amount of credit one month before the end of our 12 month contract. We arranged a switch but I rather rashly left the direct debit in place for the expected refund. Final meter reading was submitted to them.

Roll on to the next month and they take another payment.

So now they owe us 2 x monthly payments - no response on the phone worth mentioning. Seeking a refund on the last payment via the bank and will await their 'final' bill at some point - if none then I guess it's the ombudsman :-(
  • Allots
    Allots Posts: 62 Forumite
    I switched to Together Energy in December 2017. Everything possible has gone wrong, no welcome pack, after some complaint they eventually sent me a welcome email but it was addressed to another customer. I've only received 2 invoices in 7 months, they do not reply to emails, cannot get through on the phone. I've raised 2 formal complaints and neither of these have been acknowledged. I have now cancelled my direct debit mandate in the hope that someone will make contact. Seriously regret switching to them....yes they were cheap however but they are clueless on customer service even though all their blurb states that they put customer first, utter nonsense!!. I will switch away 50 days before the contract renews to avoid the 2 x £30 exit fees. :angry:
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If you manage to raise a formal complaint with them and they deal with it properly (via their resolution team), and the complaint is upheld they will as part of their apology waive the exit fees.
  • I've complained to TE, asked for escalation, was ignored, had a multitude of promises of rectification which were not delivered. I complained to Ofgem who upheld my case and asked them to apologise to me and they didn't for a month. I complained again to Ofgem that they had not delivered their apology and finally got one from an un-named person asking me to get back to them if I was dissatisfied. Really?
    I got no offer of release and I would have seized on that.
    Ofgem told me to get this sorted before demanding a release and it makes sense to me. They currently have timed out on a promise to provide bill by the end of the month and promised it in another 14 days. Promises, promises! My case is still unresolved as I'm concerned as I still have an incorrect balance and erroneous bills on my account.
    They have no redeeming qualities.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure