Tsb plus account 5%

The financial pages of the newspapers have been reporting that TSB have launched the above account but I have been unable to find it on their site. Has anyone been able to find on TSB website this current account with TSB which pays 5% on balances up to £2,000 as long as you pay in £500
"Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"

Comments

• Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Looks like I'll be applying to open a TSB account come the end of the month :beer:

(I'll want to read and digest the official TSB terms & conditions first though)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,030 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Wonder if it's possible to 'convert' any Enhance accounts across to this new product!

Would be good.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Andrew Hagger of Moneycomms.co.uk said the new account contains a "loophole" which could set "alarm bells ringing" at the bank.
    "TSB could see an influx of consumers opening two TSB Plus accounts and earning 5% on a combined £4,000 balance, viewing it as an alternative to poor paying instant access savings accounts," he said.
    What does that mean? Being able to open two accounts is a "loophole"?
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    DragonQ wrote: »
    What does that mean? Being able to open two accounts is a "loophole"?

The draft T&Cs the paper has seen allows you to have multiple accounts and all receive the 5% interest on the first £2k so its a "loophole" because you can invest a lot more than £2k and get 5% interest on it all by having multiple accounts.

Nationwide FlexDirect allows you to have up to 4 or 5 accounts (cant remember off hand) but states the 5% interest is only paid on one (though initially they didnt enforce this)
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 March 2014 at 2:10PM
    Oh well,I only opened 3 Enhance accounts the other day - still haven't used them yet.

Will just open 2 more Plus accounts I hope/expect - seems like a very good offer from TSB

Wonder if the new 'Club Lloyds' accounts will be similar.

Regards
    Sunil
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The draft T&Cs the paper has seen allows you to have multiple accounts and all receive the 5% interest on the first £2k so its a "loophole" because you can invest a lot more than £2k and get 5% interest on it all by having multiple accounts.
    But why two though? Why not five accounts? Ten?

What I mean is, is there a limit to the number of TSB Plus accounts that can be had per person regardless of whether the 5% interest applies?
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    DragonQ wrote: »
    But why two though? Why not five accounts? Ten?

What I mean is, is there a limit to the number of TSB Plus accounts that can be had per person regardless of whether the 5% interest applies?

Potentially, there is for Nationwide's FlexDirect

Until the T&Cs are made public for the TSB Plus anything at the moment is pretty much just speculation. There is no press releases on their own site etc yet
  • Organist
    Organist Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'd open two of these accounts but unless you can do this purely online, as we don't have any branches in our area I think that this won't be possible :(

Hopefully the Lloyds Club account will be similar.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There is no press releases on their own site etc yet
    There's one now...

http://www.abouttsb.co.uk/press_and_media/news_releases/12_03_2014_5_per_cent_interest_from_the_bank_acount_thats_not_like_other_bank_accounts.html

...but it doesn't say any more than we've learned already.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure