cheapest way to get married abroad

Comments

• Kerry74
    Kerry74 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I would definitely say that Cyprus is one of the easiest and cheapest places to Marry!

The Marriage License cost 165 cyp (approx 200 UK)
    Registrar fee costs 100cyp (approx 125 UK) this charge is for hotel weddings not for town hall or religious weddings.

If you require additional information on Cyprus, just drop me a line - info@aisleoflove.co.uk

Best of Luck

Kerry x
  • Hi,

I got married in Cyprus last year, and after doing a lot of searching about before hand, came to the conclusion that all-in, its probably the easiest and cheapest place to get wed in the world.

The actual wedding costs about £200 (a bit less..i cant remember exactly) We had a flashy two week stay in an all-inclusive hotel (so, you could stay cheaper if you wanted...rent an appartment or something..and have your honeymoon night in a flashy hotel) I had an averagely priced wedding dress and all the trimmings, he had a lovely hired wedding suit, we had 10 family members come over with us (no friends were invited...that was the whole reason of doing it abroad for us... we've got far too many friends and we didnt want a mahoooosive wedding in the Uk that we'd be paying off for 60 years!) we had a lovely reception/meal with our guests in a gorgeous local restaurant... the whole shebang cost us about £3.5k (and the overwhelming majority of that price was the actual holiday) We went through Olympic holidays.... if i did it again i would def NOT do it through a holiday company, i would organise it all myself (i pretty much did all that anyway!) They organised my wedding day transport and gorgeous flowers, cake etc etc. There is a brilliant website dedicated just to Cyprus weddings... it has everything you need to know about organising your own wedding in Cyprus, let me know if you want the address.
    hi, having just read your message, i would be very grateful if you could give me the address for planning a brilliant wedding in cyprus. we have booked our holiday in august 2008 and fear it might be to late to book our wedding, we have been together for 10 years and have a 6 year old, so we are finally tieing the knot, thanx
  • cheekyvimto13
    cheekyvimto13 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Whats the going rate for getting married in cyprus, on a budget but obviously want a nice day...:j

any recommendations so appreciated..:o
  • velvetybubbles
    velvetybubbles Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    cheapest way.....

dont do it

ha!

sorry couldnt resist!
  • cheekyvimto13
    cheekyvimto13 Posts: 262 Forumite
    cheapest way.....

dont do it

ha!

sorry couldnt resist!

Thought i was cheeky one.lol :rotfl:
  • dolphins19
    dolphins19 Posts: 9 Forumite
    WEDDING IN CYPRUS

I'm planning to tie the knot the end of august 2008, we are cutting it fine i know, but after being together for 9 years and having a beautiful 6 year old daughter, we are taking the plunge, we don't want to spend thousands on one day, but want low key, the holiday is already booked, so we just want to get married in the town hall (paphos) or on the beach. all advice welcome, would it be best to try and find the registry office for cyprus on line, or through an online marriage agency. thanks:j :j :j
  • dolphins19
    dolphins19 Posts: 9 Forumite
    please could you give me the address for planning your own wedding in cyprus, we are planning it for 1st september 2008. thanks
  • hi there i jst read ur post it sounds great could u give me the adres of the place im looking to get married early next year :)
  • Hi, My fiance and booked our dream wedding package with Thomson in november, for this October in the Dominican Republic. We have just found out that we have to have all of our documents (birth certificates, decree nisi etc) translated into spanish. We were not made aware of this when we made our booking, and have just found out it will cost us £2000 on top of our wedding package. We are so dissapointed and are not sure wheter we can afford this extra cost. I just wanted to make others aware and get some tips if anyone knows of ways around this. Thanks, Susie.
  • Another for Gibraltar!
    My daughter is getting married there in August and it's so simple, as it's a GB dependency there's no additional paperwork; in fact the registry website tells you everything you need to know. Just a tip though, you'll get a reply faster by email than you do trying to ring them!!
    My daughter is getting married in the botanical gardens with a champagne reception after and that plus the registrar's fees sees change from a couple of grand! Can't give exact costs cos we don't have final numbers yet.
    Everyone is flying into Malaga and staying on the Costa del Sol as it's slightly cheaper although there are apartments in Gibraltar and some good deals in the hotels atm so I've been told.
    It's a bonus that everyone speaks English and that things are priced in pounds!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure