EBay wedding dresses?

Comments

• sairwa99
    sairwa99 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2009 at 12:04PM
    After looking at Ebay dresses for weeks and spending hours reading reviews of them i finally went for a uk based dress maker. They are called island elagance and are based at the Isle of Wight.
    As a newbie i can't post links but google it and it will come up
    My dress arrived yesterday (it has taken around 12 weeks to be made, lots of hand sewen beading) i am no expert but it looks perfectly made and fits like a glove! I will have to get it taken up, but because it was so cheap i don't mind! The dress was £325 inc delivery by courier but they have cheaper dresses too. I have been really pleased with the service, the answered every email and sent me a sample of the fabric too.
    Really recommend this site for any one wanting a budget but beautiful dress!
    Good luck to all the brides! x

Edit- just had a look myself and they have a sale on at the mo too! bargins to be had!!
    No credit cards, no debt! woo hoo :o
  • Jilly5 wrote: »
    Hi Blondie,

I bought my dress from Sweetsend (the shop page for them is Victoria Rose on ebay and its based in Reading i think) and its lovely!! I paid £100 plus £20 P+P and am delighted with it!! Its heavy and well made and came really quickly!! I haven't actually tried it on properly yet cos trying to lose some weight but i've held it up and its fab!! When are you getting married? I'm 22nd May 2010 and have done nothing except dress church and hotel reception - lots to do lol!!

Good luck x

getting married 3rd april 2010 which dress did you have, in the same position reception booked church provisional booked, got to meet the vicar few more times yet as partner is divorced still lots to do but all really exciting
  • Jilly5
    Jilly5 Posts: 76 Forumite
    QUOTE=blondie81;25813903]getting married 3rd april 2010 which dress did you have, in the same position reception booked church provisional booked, got to meet the vicar few more times yet as partner is divorced still lots to do but all really exciting[/QUOTE]

Congratulations again!! I can't find my dress listed anymore in the sellers shop so not sure if thats why it was reduced as the dresses start from £139 + p+p now. If you google sweetsend factory shop it comes up with lots of positive reviews from confetti and you and your wedding that are good to read. I'm just about to order my bridesmaid dresses from there.

Lots to do for me too but your right it is all really exciting!!

Good Luck xx
  • Jilly5
    Jilly5 Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2009 at 4:49PM
    I have found my dress now i think!! If you go to to top of the shops web page on ebay its says something like if you haven't found what your looking for click here to see more items from our shop, so i did and this is it ...

06bridal023.jpg

At least i think this is it, its very similar if not the actual one!! Just spotted on another threaad that this dress is the Maggie Sottero Dion so i think mine is very like this and not the actual one!!

J xx
  • OMG Jilly - that is the dress I am getting!! I am waiting for Landy to deliver it as we speak, so sometime next week!!

If you are thinking of using Landy then let me know and as soon as it arrives I will send you pics so you can see if you are happy with it!

GORGEOUS dress though isnt it lol

xxx
  • If you are looking at getting Dion, then I know for sure that the Milly Bridal version of this is stunning. I know of several girls on bridal forums who have ordered this and it has always been amazing quality.

Please also note NOT to go through Island Elegance as they are just a third party seller of Milly Bridal dresses! Go direct and save yourself some cash. Eg an Island Elegance dress will be about £300 but going direct you're looking at prices more like £200.

I myself had a Milly dress and it was just fantastic.
  • STG - do you know if these brides dresses are still online? I have ordered the Dion from Landy, so hope it will be just as good. I have googled and googled and only found a few.

So if you know where they are let me know!!!!! OR I could just wait til my Dion arrives today lol

xxx
  • I got my wedding dress from the online wedding shop myecstock Just forgot the links of the shop, you can google it if you want to order the bridesmaid dress next time.
    Dress was lovely, cost over less than 100 pounds and was well spent. Detail was lovely on it
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    spam anyone?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills