September 2012 Brides and Grooms

Options

Comments

• White_Sapphire
    Options
    Welcome to the thread natc! And slightly belated congratulations on your engagement :D

Looking forward to hearing about your plans as you make them! You've got plenty of time to decide what you want to do.

Good luck!

x
    :heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
    :love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)
  • nuttymummy
    Options
    but we do have to make sure that they are not in equal proportions or it would be a bit too much!

I would love to have bunting! We might ask the venue to let us put some up in the garden,

that would look gorgeous having bunting in the garden!

i know what u mean about the colour, Ive been looking at bouquets on google images and have actually fallen in love with a purple, one with dominant green over orange n looks lovely :)
    natc wrote: »
    My OH wants to get married before September 2012, but we are paying for the wedding ourselves, I know our parents want to contribute, which is lovely, but I didnt want to rely on them, so are trying to be realistic on the date so saving can be done!

EXACTLY the same as us! we are paying ourselves too and have very little savings and low wages. my mum and dad want to contribute but again like you said would rather pay for things ourselves. they arent millionaires either and would probably contribute £500 which is a huge amount to them. I would never want to take such a sum of money off them xx
    :dance:
    Cake Designer
    see contact info for website!
  • natc
    natc Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooooh im on the list, feels more real now! LOL

Thanks for the belated congrats : ) And for the Good Luck, looks like we need it!
  • natc
    Options
    nuttymummy wrote: »

EXACTLY the same as us! we are paying ourselves too and have very little savings and low wages. my mum and dad want to contribute but again like you said would rather pay for things ourselves. they arent millionaires either and would probably contribute £500 which is a huge amount to them. I would never want to take such a sum of money off them xx

Its lovely that they want to contribute, but like you say, I dont want them all to skint themselves on our wedding. We are not flashy people, and so arent having a lavish wedding. But things still do cost a lot, and £500 is a lot to me too! Id feel terrible to take that kind of money from them, But if they want to contribute or pay for small things, its not so bad i suppose. Bless them all! I suppose parents and family just want to feel like theyve been involved in your day. There is my OH's Dad and step mum (he doesnt keep in contact with his "mum") and there is my mum and stepdad, and my dad and stepmum! Its all rather complicated!
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we have booked our venue too, in chester but not the zoo :)
    we will be paying for it ourselves, my grandad wants to pay for something but i dont want to rely on them either, my mum said she must pay for something but shes worse than me with money so im not banking on it lol
    im doing a few extra hours at work while the LO is at nursery and the bigger one's at school so that all helps
    i wish i hadnt spent such a huge amount on the venue but it is gorgeous
    i keep changing my mind on the little details so wont bother putting them on here yet lol
    i also keep changing my mind on the guests!
    im going to sound a bit BZ but we have to have certain people as its the done thing in OH'S family but my friends are becoming a head ache what with splitting up with their partners who would also have been invited so the guest lists still up in the air
    i suppose i dont need final numbers yet though
    having too much time to think can be a hindrance :/
    nevermind:)
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • natc
    Options
    Wooo hooo! Me and OH have had a chat tonight and decided that 22nd September is the date :j:j:j :T at last, a date! Very happy. Now we can get on and look around, and start planning....!

Hey bubbles, im feeling your pain about the guest list! As ive said, we havent booked anything, but weve been thinking about guests for a while and thats going to be a tricky one!

I know my friend had trouble with her guest list, and it drove her potty, ppl not getting back in touch with her, and ppl splitting up etc etc - how rude! lol

It will work itself out in the end bubbles, dont worry ;)

Oooh, btw, where is your venue if you dont mind sharing - i love to have a nosey!!! : )
  • White_Sapphire
    Options
    Woohoo!!! :j The '(TBC)' has been removed from the list for your date :D

We're only basing our figures and plans on the maximum number of people we can afford to be there - it's impossible to know this far in advance who will be in a relationship, who won't be, who will have had a baby..... We've decided to sort that one out nearer the time!

x
    :heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
    :love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)
  • natc
    Options
    :D Thanks White_Sapphire!
  • jemmaali
    Options
    Hi I would love to join this board im getting married sometime in sept 2012 but as its in Italy the date will not be confirmed for a while yet.
    Starting to feel like a real bride now after trying on dresses that were far too expensive :(
    So looking forward to chatting an have a countown with other Sept 2012 brides, maybe with a bit of moneysaving thrown in as my budget is starting to go crazy!!
  • joanneinwonderland
    Options
    OOooh white sapphire I love the vintage theme sound that's kinda what we're going for.

We got engaged in July and just wanted to get the big stuff done and dusted. I'm in Aberdeen and it can be quite a problem to get your chosen photographers etc. rather a competitive area for weddings!

Our colour scheme is chocolate brown, burnt orange (common haha!) and I think some green. We haven't bought anything for this yet though it's all just in my head.

Favours are sweety bags and table centres are jars of sweets. Bought the jars (plastic from ebay :) ) and planning costco for some boxes of sweets. Not too fussed about particular kinds/colours we are just going to get our faves!

Ah I am loving reading about all your weddings it is SO exciting!

Cannot wait to start dress shopping! On a diet at the moment with Weight Watchers. It is going well another 3.5lb and I'll have lost 2stone since we got engaged. Not crash dieting this is forever not just my wedding day!

Ok rambling now! xxxxx
    What's fur ye won't go by ye!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family