1p finds at Tesco thread

Comments

• wannasave_2
    wannasave_2 Posts: 776 Forumite
    rebeccaj wrote: »
    What I also find distasteful is MSE condoning such avarice by publicising it in this manner and, no matter how much the greedy person tries to justify their actions to themself or the wider audience by saying they are giving it away, it is still avarice.

well said :T
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    flyingflea wrote: »
    I did quite well :D

This lot cost me £2:

wp000897.jpg

The Dairy Milks were from various WHSmiths

There's always someone who'll go and spoil it for others. :cool:
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    This is amazing - so much i've tweeted and facebooked your success

Shame on you, Martin, for encouraging such actions. :(
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    None in my local Tesco ...
    I even asked !!
  • This offer is no good and doesn't work went to our Tesco and My mother went to her local Tesco in Lancashire and the managers said they don't do stuff like this. How MSE can post a deal that doesn't exist is beyond me
  • lawstudent
    lawstudent Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There were tens of boxes of the 1p chocolates in my store. The manager decided that she would take them all for herself (very generous). To top that off instead of actually paying however many pennies they would have cost she got them wasted on the system and took them home for free!!
    Graduated 16 July 2013 with First Class Honours :j
    House Deposit: £6,493.10 - Cashback Total: £447.67
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    lawstudent wrote: »
    There were tens of boxes of the 1p chocolates in my store. The manager decided that she would take them all for herself (very generous). To top that off instead of actually paying however many pennies they would have cost she got them wasted on the system and took them home for free!!

This is not unusual, they often load them into their cars to "drop them off at a charity shop"..........:(
  • lawstudent
    lawstudent Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wendyak wrote: »
    This is not unusual, they often load them into their cars to "drop them off at a charity shop"..........:(

She was definitely taking them home. I know because I was in fact the reluctant party who was forced to waste them all. Verging on dishonest IMO. I wouldn't mind so much if it was the case that they were being given to charity but she was taking them home for herself.

I took a picture of the waste slip and wrote on the top what she had done because I thought if there are any repercussions this is all gonna trace back to my log in.
    Graduated 16 July 2013 with First Class Honours :j
    House Deposit: £6,493.10 - Cashback Total: £447.67
  • BIG_MOC
    BIG_MOC Posts: 551 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    chazmac wrote: »
    This offer is no good and doesn't work went to our Tesco and My mother went to her local Tesco in Lancashire and the managers said they don't do stuff like this. How MSE can post a deal that doesn't exist is beyond me

Clearly it does exist as others have posted their finds.
    Most of what goes to 1p are seasonal lines and are usually long gone by the time the price gets so low.
    The manager wasn't being entirely truthful as when items get to a penny it is usually across all stores.
    Pobody's-Nerfect
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    e was definitely taking them home. I know because I was in fact the reluctant party who was forced to waste them all. Verging on dishonest IMO

I'd go further - it's just stealing.

Might just be 10p, but it's a blimmin' poor example to set.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure