How Vectone Mobile rip you off

Options
Kernel_Sanders
Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 4 April 2018 at 12:57AM in Mobiles
They advertise bundles such as 30GB/1000mins for £10pm (not a reduced or special offer), then invite you to buy a SIM preloaded with credit, enticing you with free credit e.g.£10 for a preloaded £20 SIM
file.html[/url]
Note from the next pic that they state the £20 you are spending is a top-up:
Vect2.pngfile.htmlprice
I ordered this, realizing that the £10 bonus might not be allowed for a half-price bundle but I'm staggered to find that you cannot purchase any bundle even with your own £20! Complained to CS who told me I would have to top up even more to get a bundle, which I refused to do. I asked for the return of my money so I could buy a bundle directly, but was refused. So, the £30 credit I have will only get me 333MB of data due to their extortionate rate of 9p/MB, or even less if I spend 19p on a text or £4 on a 22 minute call to another Vectone no.

Can someone please tell me where in the T&Cs it states this bizarre restriction?

Comments

• Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Crook's, simple as that
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Atasas wrote: »
    Crook's, simple as that
    Or put even more simply, Crooks. :)
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Have been busy to the extent, didn't have no time to deal with them, but long story- short, got properly ripped off trice now... hence will do as promised, will try to have their trading in Britain suspended for good
    as it comes to my number- possibly will loose it and money stolen?- think have a chance of getting back, by chance, as have documented EVERYTHING properly, hence high hopes in getting rid of "rodents of mobile service networs" :D
    T2tXtFn.jpg
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Atasas wrote: »
    Have been busy to the extent, didn't have no time to deal with them, but long story- short, got properly ripped off trice now... hence will do as promised, will try to have their trading in Britain suspended for good
    as it comes to my number- possibly will loose it and money stolen?- think have a chance of getting back, by chance, as have documented EVERYTHING properly, hence high hopes in getting rid of "rodents of mobile service networs" :D
    T2tXtFn.jpg

I have to be honest, that is a jumbled mess which is very hard to read. Can I suggest you contact an advice service to get some assistance in putting your complaint clearly in writing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure