PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 12th May 2018

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Dry, bright and sunny here today, just been out to fill the bird feeders and it’s quite warm too.

Back from our couple of days at Windsor Horse Show and it was brilliant, lots of beautiful, talented horses and has inspired me no end, watch out Lu :rotfl:
    We saw both Prince Phillip and HM the Queen whose Fell pony won the Championship for her breed, but biggest thrill for me was when we were sitting in a big marquee having something to eat and drink when a fella came and sat at the next table, it was Nick Skelton :j Our gold medal winning show jumper and my first crush :D
    There was endless opportunities for retail therapy but my purse stayed firmly shut, the only thing that I really wanted was a new fly / UV rug for Lu but the brand that fits her best didn’t have a stand at the show and I wasn’t going to risk another kind rubbing. I did pick up a goody bag from a feed supplier though so she has some treats etc.
    Back to the real world today and the house needs a going through, then it’s off to ride Lu this afternoon and see if we can get her doing flying changes :rotfl:
    Have a good day folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning chums well bright and sunny at the moment but rain forecast for later. I have a bit of ironing to polish off then I am going to be baking later.
    I always enjoy baking when its raining for some reason :) chocolate chip cookies and a fruit cake and a quiche.Odds and ends of pastry to use up from the freezer. I have a yen for some cherry scones I made some last week and they made a nice change from ones with sultanas in and I seem to have about 4 pots of glace cherries in the cupboard !!!. Plus it helps to fill my big oven up when I am baking as I like to get extra cooking at the same time :):):)

Hope everyone has a great weekend and if you have some sun ,enjoy it

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
  • Lindsay_C
    Lindsay_C Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all, thanks for the lovely welcome.

Saturday is usually housework day as I work full time but DH and his mum want to take me birthday present shopping! Think she's after visiting concrete cow country as has more shops than our nearest town. Hopefully won't be out for hours as I do tire easy these days.

James Martin on record for later and a wash on. Not sure about risking it drying outside today as it looks a bit bleak out there. Boo cat fed and watered and just waiting for my injection site to calm before jumping in the shower. DH wants ribs chips and beans for his dinner - I'm undecided what I fancy.

Have a good day all x
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    dumpling, sorry about your anxiety attack, I hope you're feeling better today.

redruby, good luck with the cleaner, I couldn't have coped without one when I was working, I just wish I could justify (and afford) one now I don't work, I'd much rather spend my time doing other things than housework.

We're having a slow start to the day but we've not got much planned today. DH will take Ziggy for her walk because I'm weary after the last few days. Then we have to go into Skipton to meet friends for an early dinner and then a concert (ELO/10cc tribute band).
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    We seem to have lost TravellingAbuela
    I am hoping that they are just away having a nice relaxing week at their caravan?
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Bonjour from a wet, windy & cold SW France :( A steady downpour :( I remember in years gone by visiting for my nephew’s birthday in early February & having his party OUTSIDE :T The human race has a lot to answer for re what we are doing to our planet :eek: SORRY, I will get off my soapbox now :o

Anyways,

Thanks for starting us off nmlc & hope work is OK :)

AOD, sorry about the sleeplessness :( It is a vicious circle - you cannot sleep, so you work to exhaust yourself & still cannot sleep & then you worry so you still cannot sleep :( and round & round it goes :( I know lots of people only have showers now but I have found that if I have a nice warm bath with lots of bubbles, a cup of tea & a book that I do not mind if it gets wet :eek: then I can doze off for 20 minutes or so. Then I wrap up warm, dry hair, lie on bed (still wrapped up) & pull a cover over myself & usually wake a couple or three hours later feeling so much better. Apologies if you have already tried this :o

redruby, hope you have a good day at work & that the rain keeps the hordes away - just enough clients to help the day go by quickly :)

camelot, what a busy bee you have been :T

ScarletRibbons, :o I never go shopping without a list even if it only has one item on it :o I am easily distracted :rotfl: The colour sounds lovely :) as the does your Dgd :)

HollyHarvey, as I was reading I was getting worried :o I tend to think of the worst case scenario then find out it is something mundane like the internet not working :o Mind you, being a bit perverse, I would sooner think the worse & get a pleasant surprise :o. I envy you your large cupboard .......... but not the sorting out :rotfl:

Hester, whatever happened to May warmth & sunshine ? We had lovely weather yesterday but today has reverted to winter weather & DSis is just about to light the log burner :T

dumpling, sorry about the anxiety attack but you did the right thing for you :) regardless of getting drenched :):naughty: you are NOT lazy :naughty:

MSE, good luck with the bathroom, the difficult bit is done - now for the messy bit :rotfl:

Gers, good news about your DM :)

LaineyT, sounds like you had a marvellous time & :T well done re keeping the purse strings tightly closed :T Poor Lu - don’t work her too hard :rotfl:

JackieO, ooh I am so jealous :rotfl: really looking forward to getting back to my own kitchen :rotfl:

Lindsay C, have a great birthday !

snoozer, hope you have a lovely evening & enjoy the concert :)

The three of us (once we get warm :D ) will just be pottering around today decluttering & packing.

Have a good day everyone

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all :wave:.
    Today is dry and bright ( ish ). I have been busy this morning over the 'van. I'm sure that dust is taunting me as the van was full of it. Mr Fix It wanted to add another socket too, a satellite one this time and grease the underneath. Job done ! We called in B&q on the way home for a few bits and it was manic :eek:. Seemed everyone in the queue was buying paint !
    This afternoon I shall pull out all the van stuff and stack it in the spare bedroom. I suspect the dishes, glasses and pans will need washing too, even though they have been covered. I would like to mow the lawns but the grass is still wet from yesterday's rain, so probably won't get done before we go away on Tuesday. Never mind it's not going anywhere. I shall also stick some wallpaper back on the wall, luckily I still have some paste left from the other week. Failing that if it does not stick this time I shall nail it up :rotfl:.
    I am hoping to have a general tidy round too and put things back where they should be :o. Note to self "put it away and not just down" !!! In my defence, I get easily distracted :whistle:
    Tea tonight will be chinese style pork steaks and salad, with oven chips for Mr Fix It and I'll have sweet potato fries with mine. I'm not too fussed on the thick chips that Mr Fix It likes. There is ice cream or a split lolly for pudding, should we want anything.
    LaineyT glad you had a good time away.
    TA thinking of you too. Hope all is OK.
    Holly good luck with the cupboard clearing. I've got one like that but it's called the office :rotfl:.
    Gers I'm glad your DM test results were OK
    AOD I shall send the Sandman your way tonight.
    Hope everyone is ok. Take care and the hug bucket is full, so please help yourselves.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 May 2018 at 3:44PM
    Afternoon all,

Pleased to say we can eat for another week but oh am I aching.

What a palava. Go to get Blackun some eye drops from the pharmacy...It's behind the counter stuff and I ought to have lied through my teeth when questioned on why it was needed as like an idiot I told them it was for my dog. It didn't matter go them that the vet knew she was using these particular eye drops and that she only has them when her eye is particularly bad, I couldn't have them.

Second chemist...sent Grump this time. He said they were for his wife...because I wasn't with him, he couldn't have them.

Third chemist, he said they were for him but they said his eyes weren't bad enough.

So then, in another supermarket an old man tried to give a young Mum a pound coin for her newborn baby, as was the custom of crossing the baby's palm with silver...what a mouthful he got in return....

Summer is almost upon us and the weekly ritual of popping into our local motorbike shop has begun. Grump hasn't ridden a motorbike for about 15 years but he still likes to keep abreast of what's new.

Summer dress has been bought. Bright red...should see me coming a mile off.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Evening - and it's semi-glorious here at Ger's Towers. Lovely bright sunshine, a slight breeze but still a bit nippy.

Travel home was so slow - it's the tourist season and they want to drive at 40 miles an hour in case a bend comes up, or because they want to look at the beautiful view, or because they are scared of wagons coming the other way, or any other reason which prevents them from coming within a hairs' breadth of 60 miles per hour.

Rant over...there's months of this to come.

I've unpacked, filled the bird feeders, fed myself and will now find a book to read so I can avoid the ESC, :rotfl:

The lovely local 'laird' called round on his 'I'm not dead yet' tour! He had a fall the other week down five of the huge stone spiral steps in his place. He's 84 years old so is very battered and bruised still. We shared a wee dram together which cheered us both up.

Happy evening to all.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Had a long conversation with my daughter in SA this evening.... They have plans. The Baby House is on the move again to somewhere bigger. The original plans were to only take on 6 orphaned/abandoned babies but they have 9 in their care (some of them handicapped) and they are short of space. They have been working tirelessly for months now to raise the money needed and it finally looks as though its happening.

Some pictures of the little ones they have in their care...
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/33vujzox4/
    Breaks my heart it does. :(

Sleep well all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills