Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Sunflower1227
    Sunflower1227 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Good morning to you all.

Just done my weekly weigh and am delighted and astonished to report -8lbthis week ! :j:j

Admittedly 5,5lb of that will be the 'bloat' that I put on when off plan away, but as that had taken a fortnight to put on, I was expecting it to take at least a fortnight to shift. I knew I was being really good this week - drinking loads of water, loads of speed, few carbs and minimal syns but that loss has exceeded my expectations - it's even 1 lb more than my first week loss!

It's also taken me past my 4 stone mark and into a new stone value on the scales - so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself today.:j

Plan for today

B: kipper with 2 small slices wholemeal bread (HEXB)
    L: chicken salad
    D: HM cottage pie

Snacks: easy peelers, red pepper, HEXA cheese
    Syns: 2 for oil for pie, possibly 5.5 for a kit kat

WOW well done :j:T:j
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • Sunflower1227
    Sunflower1227 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    This weeks WI in for me is 0lb :(

On wards and up wards, or should that be down wards :rotfl:
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    This weeks WI in for me is 0lb :(

On wards and up wards, or should that be down wards :rotfl:

Keep going :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Moneysaverme
    Moneysaverme Posts: 284 Forumite
    Hi,

Popping in to report a MINUS 1 LB for me this week. Plodding along, trying to make the best choices, lots of exercise and not looking at the scales too much. I!!!8217;ll get there ..... eventually!

Amazing loss Poohsticks, well done. That will take some beating for SOTW.

Happy Saturday all x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    edited 12 May 2018 at 12:40PM
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Good morning to you all.

Just done my weekly weigh and am delighted and astonished to report -8lbthis week ! :j:j

Admittedly 5,5lb of that will be the 'bloat' that I put on when off plan away, but as that had taken a fortnight to put on, I was expecting it to take at least a fortnight to shift. I knew I was being really good this week - drinking loads of water, loads of speed, few carbs and minimal syns but that loss has exceeded my expectations - it's even 1 lb more than my first week loss!

It's also taken me past my 4 stone mark and into a new stone value on the scales - so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself today.:j

Plan for today

B: kipper with 2 small slices wholemeal bread (HEXB)
    L: chicken salad
    D: HM cottage pie

Snacks: easy peelers, red pepper, HEXA cheese
    Syns: 2 for oil for pie, possibly 5.5 for a kit kat

Well done poosticks that is fabulous x
    Stoke - very good to read your story and nice to see things from a male perspective. Sorry to hear about what happened with your Fiancee.

After much deliberation, I have decided to stop going to group. I got to target, was there for a few months, went on a holiday, came out of target and have struggled to get back in again. With it costing me £4.95 a week, just couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Am still going to follow the plan, as I don't want to end up having to re-join group with my tail between my legs and look at all those "I told you so" faces. I was on the social team, doing the weighing, which I enjoyed as it was nice to chat to the members, but as you do it for nothing, I think you get taken for granted, as the group can't operate without the social team doing all the other stuff. Now I have my Saturday mornings back.

Anyway, there were quite a few men in the group and their weight losses were generally quite good, the most loss I had seen was 10lb!

Can you just not attend a few sessions and see how you feel then?

We are always hear. I have to admit I have thought of joining a group with the aim of really getting my head around SW - but I am going to re-read the books and keep a diary see if that helps but I am a bloater like our poohsticks - sadly I don't loose like her! :p:p:p:p
    Hi,

Popping in to report a MINUS 1 LB for me this week. Plodding along, trying to make the best choices, lots of exercise and not looking at the scales too much. I!!!8217;ll get there ..... eventually!

Happy Saturday all x

Plodding is the best way to go, well done xxxx

Sunflower - you will be saving up for a loss x
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Stoke - very good to read your story and nice to see things from a male perspective. Sorry to hear about what happened with your Fiancee.

After much deliberation, I have decided to stop going to group. I got to target, was there for a few months, went on a holiday, came out of target and have struggled to get back in again. With it costing me £4.95 a week, just couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Am still going to follow the plan, as I don't want to end up having to re-join group with my tail between my legs and look at all those "I told you so" faces. I was on the social team, doing the weighing, which I enjoyed as it was nice to chat to the members, but as you do it for nothing, I think you get taken for granted, as the group can't operate without the social team doing all the other stuff. Now I have my Saturday mornings back.

Anyway, there were quite a few men in the group and their weight losses were generally quite good, the most loss I had seen was 10lb!

What about putting the £4.95 aside each week, setting your target then allowing yourself access to the cash for a treat when you hit your goal?
    Do a standing order to another account?

Morning peeps.

Well done p00h. :T
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Can someone direct me to the final chart for the last challenge so I can screen shot it Please?
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,804 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary

Thank you - but I won't get SOTW because I had a gain of 5.5 while on holiday last week (which accounts for much of the loss this week)

Still trying to get out of the mentality of rewarding myself with food - will perhaps treat myself to a book or CD
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    prayer_hands.png
    Forgive me all because i have sinned:eek:
    Afternoon all, need to catch up from where i left off thurs
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    beanielou wrote: »
    Bubbs~~I will never be 7 stone again,
    Even the Dr told me I needed to put weight on!!
    Mind you that was 22 years ago :rotfl:
    Think i was 7 stone at 7, i have been thinking since i got to target i cant remember being this weight since i was at school:eek::eek:
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Is mine the only house in the UK with Easter eggs?
    Son still has 3 eggs and a box of cream eggs that are tempting me.
    The chunk that I've eaten was very small but it satisfied my chocolate craving.

Night all.
    I didnt buy any:A
    I am stuffed.

Bubbs where is the photo of your dinner?

You wouldnt have wanted to see it ,i have synned , i was out we went to the theatre:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure