Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Me too-but they still haven't posted up my meter reading.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 September 2018 at 10:36AM
    Not just me then, haven't had a reply from them via Messenger or Email. Apparently Switched on 12th when my DD came out to Eversmart, Octopus are saying they haven't been in touch with them with the final meter reading yet though!

Northern Powergrid confirms I switched to them.

I still haven't got any kind of website logon details yet though so can't add a Reading or check my account.
  • Was so glad to see the back of this rubbish Energy Supplier.Iresa were bad this lot are worse, awful.
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Linda99 wrote: »
    Was so glad to see the back of this rubbish Energy Supplier.Iresa were bad this lot are worse, awful.

Tell us more!
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Linda99 wrote: »
    Was so glad to see the back of this rubbish Energy Supplier.Iresa were bad this lot are worse, awful.

I was on my second fixed deal with IRESA and never had a problem with them, or any other supplier for that matter. Eversmart bungled my switch, so it's not looking good.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 September 2018 at 11:10AM
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    I was on my second fixed deal with IRESA and never had a problem with them, or any other supplier for that matter. Eversmart bungled my switch, so it's not looking good.

Did Eversmart bungle your switch or was it caught up in the debacle between IRESA & Octopus.

I, like probably hundreds, if not thousands, jumped from Octopus at the earliest opportunity. Some also jumped just before IRESA actually fell off the tree so I'm guessing that there are a lot of half completed switches out there caused by incomplete or incorrect databases and records.

I've got an excellent set of my own records, plus PDF copies of all correspondence, bills and statements which makes it easy for me to keep track. Hopefully it helped Octopus to sort my transfer to them.

I've still got reservations as to what data they've got from IRESA (who had been guessing my meter readings and were about 1800kwh short). Likewise I'm not sure what meter readings Eversmart or Octopus are using for theire swap so I'm waiting for my final bill from Octopus with keen anticipation.

I'm sure that smart meters feeding into a central database would have almost eliminated a lot of the aggro and confusion with agreeing meter readings rather than using a validation process that's been fed with the wrong info in the first place.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    matelodave wrote: »
    Did Eversmart bungle your switch or was it caught up in the debacle between IRESA & Octopus.

Have a look at post #275 on this thread.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    sorry, missed that.

You'd have thought that transferring basic address data would be automatic but I guess that it's format error between databases.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Well, my move to Eversmart from Octopus/Iresa has all taken place smoothly as forecast, despite them not confirming it. I had to contact the DNO to confirm this.

However, I do need to get Eversmart to correct the address as, upon talking to the DNO (SSE), they have left out the house number! I think I'll try an email to them.
  • Has anyone else got the variable tariff changing email? I'm on Goodbye Standing Charge tariff and they're adding 30p standing charges! Pathetic. I'm on pre-payment meter, anyone else been looking around for cheaper? USwitch, MSE etc seem to have the old prices when doing comparisons...
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here:beer::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport