Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    tawse57 wrote: »
    Or can you leave any time you wish without penalty?

Yes, you can.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Been with them for two months, no issues and paying the least I've paid in five years. Easy to use website, update my readings every month and shall do another comparison in June 2019 and whoever is the cheapest I'll switch to- as I do every year.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ... paying the least I've paid in five years...

Me too. I'm paying half what I used to, albeit with a slightly different pattern of usage.

I'm not sure how long it will continue (based on the diminishing credit on my account), but I'd be quite happy paying 75% of what I used to, and I'm sure that will work just fine.
  • tawse57
    tawse57 Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 August 2018 at 8:34PM
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Me too. I'm paying half what I used to, albeit with a slightly different pattern of usage.

I'm not sure how long it will continue (based on the diminishing credit on my account), but I'd be quite happy paying 75% of what I used to, and I'm sure that will work just fine.

Apparently I can save £341 if I move to OFTM.

The MSE recommended fixed deal from EDF, which ends at midnight, is a £100 more per year. Plus it has early cancellation fees of £70 combined for gas & electric. I rent and might be moving next year so these early cancellation fees from EDF MIGHT affect me if I do decide to move.

So OFTM looks the best deal as, my current thinking is, if they do increase then I probably will be paying less with them than my current supplier of Scottish Power.

Does this sound logical or am I missing something?
    This is not financial nor legal nor property advice. Consult a paid professional if in doubt.
  • I decided for the first time ever to switch my utilities provider. Joined cheap energy club and went for the cheapest ‘outfoxthemarket’. I thought worst case and they’re dreadful I can move back or move on again. It’s was so simple filled in the form on their website was given a switch date of 25July. It happened along with a couple of emails keeping me updated. I’ve since had my final bill from EDF my old supplier and a refund of monies owed. Just had my first month with outfox and they do ask you to provide a reading every month until such time they fit smart meters and they emailed me a reminder beforehand. It’s all on my ‘herohub’ on their website. Very easy indeed and no problems so far. I had a query and webchatted them all very helpful and I couldn’t be happier. I would recommend them.
  • I tried to transfer to outfox a couple of months back and had a complete nightmare. they kept trying to register me to some address at the other end of the country despite me sending my details to them three times along with all the MPAN MPRN numbers.
    They then had the cheek to blame me for giving the wrong address!

Had to abandon in the end. Shame, they are cheap.
  • I switched to Outfox the market for our new student house share. The previous student tenants left their previous npower bills and I entered all their usage as our predicted usage. We're expected to save £300 compared to them!

The switch had some little issues to do with being overcharged by npower for the time before the switch went though, but this was due to an error on our part and was easily resolved.

Outfox the market does bug me a little. Our house has been unoccupied for much of July, August and September, so despite having submitted multiple meter readings we are still being charged direct debits of £117/month. Our actual invoice we were given was a charge for... £4! So my account is hundreds of pounds in credit unnecessarily

Outfox the market haven't been too helpful either, as they told us they only review the amount charged in direct debits every 6 months... :think:

So consider a provider a bit more flexible with their direct debits if you have an inconsistent usage pattern like us.
  • oscarandjo wrote: »

Outfox the market does bug me a little. Our house has been unoccupied for much of July, August and September, so despite having submitted multiple meter readings we are still being charged direct debits of £117/month. Our actual invoice we were given was a charge for... £4! So my account is hundreds of pounds in credit unnecessarily
    Any overpayment now will be soaked up during the winter or when fully occupied. Energy suppliers take the annual view of supplying and not the short term view.
  • Just switched to OFTM as ill be saving £240 over my current supplier "together Energy" (Who have been good BTW)

What you got to loose with no tie periods, i use 11800kw of gas a year and 4700 of elec
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    i'm trying to understand the 6.5% increase from 8/8/18

old unit rates:
    10.72p electricity & 3.28p gas

new unit rates:
    11.53p electricity & 3.52p gas

i make this a 7.6% increase on electricity and 7.3% increase on gas
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories