Options

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks.
    The excitement of planning a shop has gone now.
    I'll just be a posh muggle today then and spend a tenner. Would my coffee and paper be included in my 10 total?
    Tia.
    I don't get anything sent either:(

It's such a shame that their deals are changing, I get my free bus pass in 3 and a bit months and had it all planned!
    Express bus to the toon, dropped of at the bus station beside Waties, get a free coffee and go and sit in 'hippy green' (Old Eldon Square) and enjoy the coffee, then it became buy something and get a coffee and now I will have to take a bigger handbag to accommodate my reusable cup (and a plastic bag to put the used cup back into). After a bit of a bimble around I would have returned to said Waities and picked up my PYOs :mad:
    I was even getting another Waities card for the grumpy one as well!
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Oh sorry TS it's a one off called 'Barry's Bargains' in Consett, Co. Durham.

Today's haul included 8 full sized lion bars - £1
    Battenburg 40p
    Tubs of white drinking chocolate - 50p
    8 (big) bags of walkers crisps £1
    12 pack of Cheddars - £1
    3 boxes of Jacobs Crisptoasts - 60p (they are really nice!)
    1.35 litres Fairy WUL - £1

The shop grew from a market stall and most things are around about their sell by date. It is a great shop for all the things that are bad for you, chocolate, biscuits, crisps etc.
    The cakes are usually Mr Kipling's or M&S without the packaging!

They also have black pudding and and pease pudding for us northerners!

PS haven't tried the coffee yet, it might be carp!

You never know that might be my future. :rotfl:

That's a good price for the Fairy :money:

We have a local store well I say store it's an industrial unit, not tried it yet but it sells stuff close to or past BB date but you tend to have to buy in bulk so not tried it yet.

Anyone local to me it's called "Rogers" and thy have a FB page to show what they have in stock.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    You should do it, I did really well end of last year, I only took 3/4 small boxes I must have had the smallest table there but people were prepared to pay what I was asking not as much as you could probably get on ebay but I can't be bothered with that I would forget to post something or other. :rotfl:

I've halved the lipstick/glosses stash, have about 8 to sell, I'll let you know in couple of weeks how well they go. ;) I'm selling the stuff from the Boots Natural Collection glitch too the powders and bronzers I got DD as she never did use any, I put order in too quick I should have asked her first. Luckily I did ask with the recent micellar water one as that would have been a mistake.

Trouble is I still don't seem to have made any space, it all just breathes out like the freezer does when you take stuff out. I think we get good at stashing stuff away. :o
    Thanks TS, that is an idea, go for small but quality! It's the getting up at an ungodly hour on a Sunday morning that gets me!

Must have missed that Boots glitch (probably for the best!)

We are not allowed to mention freezers in our house at the moment. I can't get to the one in the garage because of all Grumpy's[STRIKE] junk[/STRIKE] things he needs. Then he says I don't use it, we'll get rid, then I say I will use it if I can..

Stalemate!
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Thanks TS, that is an idea, go for small but quality! It's the getting up at an ungodly hour on a Sunday morning that gets me!

Must have missed that Boots glitch (probably for the best!)

We are not allowed to mention freezers in our house at the moment. I can't get to the one in the garage because of all Grumpy's[STRIKE] junk[/STRIKE] things he needs. Then he says I don't use it, we'll get rid, then I say I will use it if I can..

Stalemate!

I found one that didn't open too early last year. I could manage 9am, it's not open yet this season.

Mr TS used to do that when we had our old garage I would have to climb over stuff to get the little freezer we had out there. Not anymore now the garage is divided by a brick wall he has his end and I have mine. Although some things have made there way to my end as he says they are for storage and shouldn't be in his workshop end. :mad:

I just found the FB page for the discount store and they do a Friday Live video of what they have in stock. :cool: And they did a midweek one yesterday. Some good bargains but too much of one thing in one go for us I think. Ok if you have a big family...

https://www.facebook.com/rogerswholesale/?ref=nf

Can someone check that doesn't take them to my FB page please. :)
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi - I've been lurking a lot on here recently. I find a lot of the discussions really confusing! But I'm trying to read and learn.

I just wanted to say thank you. I picked up my order of 10 gingerbread candles today - very impressed. I will be giving these away to the few people I give Christmas gifts to. Who would ever know they only cost 25p a pop?!

How can they be cost effective???? Surely they must cost more than that to make, then ship and not to mention the meters and meters of cling film they were wrapped in!

Very grateful thank you :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Hot-N-Thrifty
    Options
    Soup shop from earlier, Thanks to Izzeyb
    24 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    5x Baxters Favourites Chicken Broth (400g) £5.35 £3.75
    4x Baxters Favourites Minestrone Soup (400g) £4.28 £3.00
    1x Baxters Favourites French Onion Soup (400g) £1.07 £0.75
    2x Baxters Favourites Cream of Tomato (400g) £2.14 £1.50
    5x Baxters Favourites Lentil & Bacon Soup (400g) £5.35 £3.75
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    3x Baxters Favourites Scotch Broth (400g) £3.21 £2.25
    Comparison total (compared products only) £21.80 £15.40
    +£6.40 cheaper
    For your information:
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    Options
    Wine and soup shop from today

12 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Baxters Favourites Chicken Broth (400g) £1.07 £0.75
    1x Baxters Favourites Minestrone Soup (400g) £1.07 £0.75
    1x Baxters Favourites Cream of Tomato (400g) £1.07 £0.75
    3x Nederburg 56 Hundred Pinot Grigio (75cl) £17.94 £15.75
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.11
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Orange (each) £0.30 £0.30
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lime (each) £0.30 £0.35
    1x Ainsley Harriott Szechuan Hot & Sour Cup Soup (60g) £1.00 £0.50
    1x Baxters Favourites Potato & Leek Soup (400g) £1.07 N/A
    1x Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar Cheese (550g) £5.00. £2.50

I was originally going for the Heinz soups v M but when I saw that they still had the 342 signs up I switched to A v T :) and as the soups were straight prices in T I mixed the baxters and ainsley. My A didn't have a lot of choice of either and sadly the Pot and leek came back n/a, which is a shame as I checked T website.

Anyway I giftcard later and I'm more than happy.

Big thanks to Elaine and Izzey for all their hard work.:T:T

SnS
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 April 2018 at 6:18PM
    Options
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    On a plus note. If you have the Robinsons vouchers, You can use them on the self serve in T's for the 2 for £2 squash without any intervention, making them free. :D Just use 2 at a time.
    It was Scamps :beer: I am contemplating giving this a go this afternoon :)

Thank you so much Scamps and Pandora. I shall print some and use them. Good for when the kids visit but also for the food bank.

Edit: I am getting the 404 error too after I click through a few pages. :(
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Old_Bill wrote: »
    3 free cold drinks have just appeared on COS at Sainsburys. Can get 1 of each free. They don't look too appealing to me :rotfl:

Typical for something to appear this late in the day, I even checked the apps whilst I was in store just incase something had appeared between leaving the house and getting to Sainsburys.

This WOW is also free on Shopimum - the chia seed drink version.

Needless to say my huge Sainsburys does not stock WOW.

Nor does it stock Judes flavoured milks or the Tuk Tuk chai - so that's 3 Shopimum freebies it does not stock and the 3 COS freebies.

I don't think the Sainsburys in Newcastle or the Chester Sainsburys or the Cheshire Oaks ones are as big as ours but just incase has anyone had any success getting these freebies?

I did though see the melon water that was on the list for a while, naturally our store now stocks it now its off list :(
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    TS it doesnt:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure