ebay sold email - receiving two

Options
Hi all,

I have for the past few days been receiving 2 emails for every item that sells on ebay - they are in different formats so I don't know if its ebay making changes or what.

Usually I just get the "Sold" email from ebay and the payment email from paypal but now I get 2 "Sold" emails - the subjects are:

Your eBay item sold: ........
You've sold your eBay item: ............

The new one i've gained is wrong also in one place - my listings are "Good til cancelled" and the old email would correctly say for example
Quantity: 104
Quantity sold: 1
Quantity remaining: 1

The new email that I also now receive says
Quantity remaining: 103

Which is incorrect as there is actually 1 left. If ebay are changing and this is the new email then this will be annoying as it is nice to see what is going out of stock (sometimes stock has arrived but I haven't updated the ebay listings yet).

Argh - is it just me??

Gary.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes it's very irritating, I'm getting the same. It looks like a deliberate marketing thing though as we've been getting two 'your item went unsold' emails for a while now .

I'm interested though if it's just business sellers getting the double notifications or whether everyone is.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • alykatz
    alykatz Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Im a private seller and am only getting the one email.
  • Pauciloquent_1_2
    Options
    I'm a private buyer (rare seller nowadays) but I have been getting two notifications for a while now.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The new one i've gained is wrong also in one place - my listings are "Good til cancelled" and the old email would correctly say for example
    Quantity: 104
    Quantity remaining: 1

The new email that I also now receive says
    Quantity remaining: 103

Which is incorrect as there is actually 1 left.
    Hang on... You started with 104 items - one has sold so there should be 103 left. Or is eBay mixing up the number sold this transaction with the cumulative number sold since the listing went live? So it should be Start Quantity=104, Total Sold up to Now=102, Number Sold this Transaction=1, Number Left=1
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Gary123456790
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    Or is eBay mixing up the number sold this transaction with the cumulative number sold since the listing went live? So it should be Start Quantity=104, Total Sold up to Now=102, Number Sold this Transaction=1, Number Left=1

Yes to these.

If I look at the listing on ebay it says 1 available, 103 sold.
  • Gary123456790
    Options
    Interestingly I have 2 accounts which I sell on (different category of items) and one gets 2 sold emails, the other only 1. One is opted in to the new selling manager, this account gets 1 email.

I wonder if I opt in on the other if I then get just 1... although I hate that page, I just click through from it to the normal selling area with you listings and sales.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure