PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    O god lol. And sultanas.....
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh god! The adult version of cornflake cakes (i.e., more chocolate!). Mmmmmmmm.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • I'm forbidden from eating chocolate, because of my Diabetes. :(
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone else remember cornflake/ treacle tart? Shortcrust pastry base. Golden syrup layer topped with cornflakes? Not a vitamin or mineral in sight, horribly bad for teeth but a real treat when I was growing up !!!128522;
  • mardatha
    Struggling to fit this in with prepping but I'm sure I'll find a niche, don't worry.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 April 2018 at 8:41AM
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :p And, if glued together with melted chocolate, they form a complete meal which is perfect in every way!

oh, is that just me, then?:o

Oh, definitely not just you GQ :D

Bedsit Bob When my friend went on a diabetes patient course the class were told "If you're having a really bad day and you're absolutely desperate for a Mars bar - Have a Mars bar. Otherwise you'll end up eating all sorts of other inadvisable stuff and probably end up having the Mars bar anyway and feeling like a failure."
    So don't be too hard on yourself, though on the other hand don't be like my OH who is completely careless of his diet and will probably be put onto insulin when he sees the diabetes doc next month :(
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    One woman I knew used to freeze Mars Bars. By the time she had gnawed her way through about 1/3 of a bar her stomach had had time to register that, actually, that was enough. Otherwise it slips down very quickly
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Um, given that one of my guilty pleasures is the Bonio dog biscuit (I'm after something to bite, not dunk in my tea), I'm a little unconvinced that merely deep freezing a Mars bars would slow me down enough.

My dentist is blasphemously approving of my teeth though. The lads wince - he tells them to "brush like your mum!" (when 90% of it is thanks to fluoride at an early age) as does my poor mum. As the childhood dentist urged her to stand up in the waiting room & tell all the yummy mummies there that she allowed her daughters to eat dog biscuits & not one of them had a filling. (She tried so hard to get us to brush etc and is a living breathing advert for good healthy practices & vehement about education, but the thought of telling those mothers her daughters ate dog biscuits was definitely one step too far.)
  • mardatha
    I freeze Mars Bars. But only to stop myself :EasterBun:EasterBun
    If desperate, I dunk them in my tea. ;)
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You are not the only one Dig for victory. My son used to line up nicely when my little dogs were going to have a bonio and he has perfect teeth now at 27. Not sure if that's about the bonios though.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport