MSE News: Avios rewards programme to close - customers to be transferred to the BA Executive Club

The UK Avios Rewards Programme is closing this summer and members are being transferred into the British Airways Executive Club - if you're an Avios customer, here's what you need to know...
Read the full story:
'Avios rewards programme to close - customers to be transferred to the BA Executive Club'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Presumably the auto exchange from Tesco points to (now) BA miles will remain.
  • Hi, we're working on updating the story with more details now, but in your case, your Avios will go into your new British Airways Executive Club account.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Official details here https://www.avios.com/travelrewards
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Looks like this is largely a rebranding exercise which doesn't really change anything. According to the FAQ it will still be possible to earn/combine/redeem on Aer Lingus and other partners, also the Lloyds Avios cards are mentioned and not affected (at least we know they'll still be around in May...).
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    also covered off at www.headforpoints.com
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dj1471 wrote: »
    also the Lloyds Avios cards are mentioned and not affected (at least we know they'll still be around in May...).

Not sure if this is a joke or not but LLoyds arent accepting new applications at the mo for their LLoyds Avios card.
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    phatbear wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a joke or not but LLoyds arent accepting new applications at the mo for their LLoyds Avios card.

I thought it was still available in branch?
  • Shikakui
    Shikakui Posts: 14 Forumite
    Will this also affect Vueling accounts? They also use avios.com, don't they?
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I thought it was still available in branch?

Ive heard conflicting reports, about in branch applications, but they def aren't accepting online applications
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • the message I had about this change stated that the 3 people in our household who currently pool Tesco Clubcard points into one AVIOS account - will NOT be allowed to pool their points in future but will have to have 3 separate BA Executive accounts - which makes the scheme much less useful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure