Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    njb0212
    Cheap ways to get to Butlins, Minehead.
    • 1st May 13, 8:43 PM
    Cheap ways to get to Butlins, Minehead. 1st May 13 at 8:43 PM
    On June 14th I am going to Minehead for 3 nights to the Butlins resort, I have searched everywhere for cheap travel and it just seems to be getting a bit ridiculous now! I'm travelling from Birmingham New Street so...

Does anyone know of any good, cheap discounted public transport websites?

Or how I can split my journey to make it as cheap as possible.

Thanks.
    Last edited by njb0212; 01-05-2013 at 9:08 PM.
Page 1
    • dzug1
    • By dzug1 1st May 13, 10:38 PM
    • 13,359 Posts
    • 6,125 Thanks
    dzug1
    • 1st May 13, 10:38 PM
    • 1st May 13, 10:38 PM
    All the sites (generally) offer exactly the same prices. Using the operator's site sometimes gives a discount - look at Cross Country in your case. They may offer something on e-tickets

Split your journey (to Taunton) at Cheltenham Spa and Temple Meads. Look at both advance singles and off peak returns

You could also check if there's a National Express coach
    • Jeff Bridges hair
    • By Jeff Bridges hair 1st May 13, 10:53 PM
    • 5,952 Posts
    • 7,233 Thanks
    Jeff Bridges hair
    • 1st May 13, 10:53 PM
    • 1st May 13, 10:53 PM
    National express is probably easier as there is no direct train to minehead as you can only go as far as Taunton.

Though there are buses from Taunton you may want to add a bit of spice to your holiday at the start by getting the West Somerset railway from Bishops Lydeard right into Minehead and from there its a 5 minute walk . Site
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
    • sairny
    • By sairny 9th May 13, 1:55 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sairny
    • 9th May 13, 1:55 PM
    Travelling to Butlins Minehead
    • 9th May 13, 1:55 PM
    Try National Express.
    Also, first national buses from taunton and bridgewater call direct to butlins i believe.
    • shiprob195
    • By shiprob195 10th May 13, 7:35 AM
    • 735 Posts
    • 1,176 Thanks
    shiprob195
    • 10th May 13, 7:35 AM
    • 10th May 13, 7:35 AM
    If you are taking children, it might work out cheaper to buy a "family and friends" railcard.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 11th May 13, 2:06 PM
    • 18,662 Posts
    • 15,598 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 11th May 13, 2:06 PM
    • 11th May 13, 2:06 PM
    If you are taking children, it might work out cheaper to buy a "family and friends" railcard.
    Originally posted by shipr!!!95
    And if you are travelling by train, may as well get a free Family and Friends Railcard...

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/home/prmts/article-2321452/A-free-month-Family--Friends-railcard-Daily-Mail-readers.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,367Posts Today

7,322Users online

Martin's Twitter