Orlando & Florida - Questions & Answers (Part 1) *CLOSED*

Comments

• fifimore
    fifimore Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Little Gaspirilla is absolutely gorgeous! It is like a 1950's town/village with lovely small bars and restaurants, all are very quiet. The beaches are beautiful and uncrowded, to get to the island you have to cross a toll bridge (around $5) so this stops too many people visiting!
  • terrierlady
    terrierlady Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Looking for large family need close to Disney and good quality any ideas?
    Several children number in party is 11.Anyone been and used one and could recommend all look so similar.What about late booking?
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
  • itsakidsworld
    itsakidsworld Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have a look on the website https://www.holidayforums.co.uk and go to the rental section. They have some Villas which look great. We are thinking on the same lines and have spent ages on websites.
  • flang
    flang Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Jazzy_B wrote:
    My kids want to take their Nintendos on our forthcoming trip. Does anyone know if I can charge them with an ordinary travel adapter, or do I need to buy a voltage converter.
    Thanks

Trust me your kids will not need a Nintendo! They will be having so much fun in the parks they wont need it!
    Anyways it should work in the Us and its lower voltage than the uk but check on the bottom of the nintendo and see if it says summt like 110V/240V
  • gizmos
    gizmos Posts: 359 Forumite
    flang wrote:
    Trust me your kids will not need a Nintendo! They will be having so much fun in the parks they wont need it!
    Anyways it should work in the Us and its lower voltage than the uk but check on the bottom of the nintendo and see if it says summt like 110V/240V

Is it a Nintendo DS??? If so I may have something of use
  • penyffordd
    penyffordd Posts: 221 Forumite
    We have justed returned from Orlando in Florida. Apparently, there is an outbreak of Stomach Flu in the Orlando Area and Brevard County of Florida.

It is not very nice (unfortunately we caught it - stayed at WDW The Dolphin for info). It lasts for about 24 hours. Not very pleasant. Won't go into too much gory details, but shall we say, it can be both ends!

So please take some stomach medicine just to be on the safe side like Imodium.

We couldn't understand why we were ill, until we read it the following day in the local paper Orlando Sentimal.

We did report it to the Virgin Rep, who didn't give two hoots about it.

So just be warned, better be safe than sorry.
  • billie19
    billie19 Posts: 139 Forumite
    HI All.

Just got back on Friday..

Anyone that has a Costco Card.

You can purchase from Orlando Costco - a 3 month Universal both park unlimited pass for $89 inc of tax.
    This is a fantastic price against what you pay on the normal tickets.

Cheers

Billie
  • jodder
    jodder Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi there,

I'm looking to take the family to Disney for a week early next year (courtesy of Tesco so it's got to be Virgin) ;) and as we have 2 tinies, age 3 and 4 we'd like to stay in the resort.

I was thinking of the Allstars hotels but I've read some horrendous reviews on tripadvisor, :eek: although I've also heard that the (v.much more expensive) Animal Kingdom Lodge is quite remote.

So basically, I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences of staying in a resort hotel.

Thanks in advance.

have u checked http://www.holidayroomsdirect.com/usa/discount_hotels_accommodations_in_orlando_area_fl.asp for hotels available and reviews?
  • billie19
    billie19 Posts: 139 Forumite
    jodder wrote:

Are you sure you want a resort hotel ?
    A villa, you can put tinies to bed and sit by pool etc...
  • Rockie wrote:
    Hi, `am going to Florida (Sandford Airport) at the end of September for a fortnight. Was wondering if any you guys knew the cheapest way to hire car. or had any rental advice.
    cheers

I travel to SW Fla at least three times a year and constantly scroll around the net for the best prices for hire car. I have just recently used https://www.travelsupermarket.com who list the cheapest car hire companies around at the moment. Example: I had a full size motor for three weeks (11 Jun to 2 July 06), fully inclusive of all insurances, for £356 with a free upgrade to a premium vehicle. I thought that was excellent until I arrived and was upgraded again to a 'ding-a-ling' of a luxury Caddy! If you go for the excellent deals thro Budget in Sanford at the moment make a note that you can 'fast track' thro the Avis desk and pick your car up on the airport site - you do not have to get the transport into the Budget office in Sanford unless you wish to. I had fast tracked but their bloke was sick and I had to be bussed a few mile to Sanford - that is how I ended up with the Caddy because the fast track option was messed up due to the desk being unmanned and I had a whinge - a great result as far as I was concerned especially as I would have had to drive past Budget heading to SW Florida. Also, Budget are doing a free additional driver so my advice is NEVER take the Platinum option if you only need one other driver in the vehicle as you will pay less for the petrol/gas when you take the vehicle from the hire company. If you need more than one additional driver then the platinum option is definitely the way to go. I would also advise booking fully inclusive car hire and never go directly thro the big names as you can always find it much cheaper by surfing around.

If I can be of any further help please let me know.

Have a great holiday.

Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family