The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread! Part 4

Comments

• 40somethingmum
    40somethingmum Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Morning all:hello::hello:

Just got to share a lovely mummy moment with you . 3 DS are now completely obsessed with Michael Jackson and have his CDs playing night and day.

At this very moment DS (age 5 ) is singing along to " You are not alone" although he sings " You are not on your own" . It is sooo sweet ..... I really wish you could all hear him . Oh DS2 is now joining in :D.

One of those teary moments.;)

Have a good day everyone.

40SMxx
  • AvaNother
    AvaNother Posts: 47 Forumite
    11 AFDs please Jo. We're going to a BBQ this lunchtime, so not sure what I'll do today, but have offered to drive. However, I know that if I have 1 glass with lunch, I'm more than likely to have more when I get home.

Maman - you did well last night - great moderation.

Mollypolly - when you mentioned Lindisfarne - I thought you were going to a concert!!!!

BHB - so sorry about your FIL. I would imagine that with SO much on your mind, being AF will be difficult, even when your props arrive. I think we need to be feeling really strong in ourselves, and thereby have the willpower, to not pick up that first one. That's what I'm finding anyway. Maman is right - you should 'work out an AF plan for when your holiday is over' and by then hopefully other things will have settled a little as well. Good luck and love to your family in the coming difficult days.

GP - 100 km cycle ride in 7 weeks time - fantastic. I can't even cycle 100 feet, I'm really nervous on a bike, don't know why, I used to do it a lot as a kid. Good luck.

Miss Piggy - hope Piglet has fun in the pool today.

40SM - Your kids sound great - hope you're videoing them singing to MJ.

Bye for now
    July AFD target 8 actual 11
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Blimey, turn my back for 2 minutes and you all go AWOL....found you though :p

Off to check the last 2 days posts and I'll be back with the scores on the doors soon(ish)

:D xx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    Havn't caught up with all the posts yet so will be back properly later..

Just to say I have had a rubbish week af wise, I will definitely be af today so out of 7 days that is only going to be 2 af :eek: I also feel rubbish, achy all over, sore throat etc. all last night in bed I was convinced i had swine flu :D but today am not as bad so think probably not lol...

We are decorating ds bedroom at the moment, but dh has had to go to our shop for a mass clean as we have sold the business and the new owner is taking over on Thursday (this is very good news) so am on my own feeling poorly with 3 energetic kids oh woe is me!!

When I get a chance will see how you have all been doing (probably miles better than me)

Later xx
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • jo1972
    edited 19 July 2009 at 11:05AM
    That just took me half an hour to read :eek:

I'll pop off to do the totals in a minute, lots of great progress on here so well done to everybody!!

Especially, without wanting to single people out as you are all fab, Miss P, Maman and YM :T:T:T:T

Edited to add: 69chick, OMG what a fright you must have had, that is my worst nightmare....hugs to you and your family and thank god she's okay xxx

MP, hope your dongle's better ;)

BHB, I'm so sorry to hear about FIL hunny, hugs to you both :( xx

I have been doing spectacularly crap and finding it impossible to get a day 1 under my belt even though from the moment I open my eyes in the morning that is all I want to achieve. Something goes pear shaped at around 3 or 4pm when a different mindset moves in and AF'ness mindset goes off duty :confused:

And so on that note I would just like to apologise whole-heartedly to everyone as I am doing the scores I've not been a very good example doing so amazingly rubbish. Plus due to pooter probs not been able to log on at all this week from home and as its the end of term at work I've been so busy that I couldn't log on there either :eek:

Although I took laptop to laptop fixer man yesterday, he did a lot of shaking of head and 'hmmmming' and then he wiped the whole thing and re-installed windows, plus saved all my pics and music and re-installed that and increased the memory...all for £25 :T so this morning I feel like I've got a new laptop :D

Right, off to update numbers......be back soon :)

xx
  • jo1972
    THE JULY ALCOHOL FREE DAY CHALLENGE

THE CUTTER DOWNERS AND QUITTERS COMMITTED TO OUR JULY CHALLENGE ARE AS FOLLOWS :

1 - 115k Target af days for July is: 15, Actual 5
    2 - 40SM Target af days for July is: 31, Actual 6
    3 - 69chick Target af days for July is: 20, Actual 8
    4 - AvaNother Target of af days for July is: 8, Actual 11 :j
    5 - Budgie Target af days for July is: 21, Actual 9
    6 - BHB Target of af days for July is: 18, Actual 2
    7 - Different Corner Target af days for July is: 20, Actual 9

8 - Eileen P Target af days for July is: 18, Actual 2
    8 - Eselt Target af days for July is: 31, Actual 18
    9 - Fayjmck Target af days for July is: 31, Actual 11
    10 - ForeverHopeful Target af days for July is: 10, Actual 2
    11 - FUAS Target af days for July is: 20, Actual 11
    12 - Fluffyb Target af days for July is: 10, Actual 9
    13 - Glasgowgirl Target af days for July is: 12, Actual 3
    14 - Hopeful34 Target af days for July is 22, Actual 7
    15 - Jo1972 Target af days for July is: 23, Actual 3
    16 - Lotus-Eater Target af days for July is: 20, Actual 8
    17 - Lurkio Target af days for July is: 16, Actual 1
    18 - Maman Target af days for July is: 10, Actual 9
    19 - Maz123 Target af days for July is: 15, Actual 0
    20 - Miss Piggy Target af days for July is: 20, Actual 15
    21 - MollyPolly Target af days for July is: 1 ;), Actual 18:j

22 - Netttie Target af days for July is: 20, Actual 7
    23 - PIR Target af days for July is: 25, Actual 14

24 - So Here We Are Target af days for July is: 10, Actual 0
    25 - Time2growup Target af days for July is: 20, Actual 8
    26 - Wbf Target af days for July is: 16, Actual 5

27 - xx_Jo_xx Target af days for July is: 16, Actual 7
    28 - Yellowmonkey Target af days for July is: 10,Actual 5

29 - Yippee Target af days for July is: 26, Actual 2

Combined AF Day Pledge: 553

Actual combined AF Days: 215 :T

Fluffy & Maman, only one more AFD to achieve your targets :D :T
  • jo1972
    Another thing I forgot....

GP, you are quite an inspiration, I'm far too scared to cycle through the streets of London unless I can go on the pavement :p OH has just bought a new bike and I would love to have a go but to scared I'd hurt myself :rotfl: it's been 25 years since I sat on a bike :eek:

I would, though, love to go climbing. There are a few centres around here that does it, but I'm too scared that I wouldn't be able to hold my weight and wouldn't get a foot off the ground without falling off :undecided
  • PRICE_IS_RIGHT_2
    PRICE_IS_RIGHT_2 Posts: 311 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2009 at 1:24PM
    Hi everybody

Well, I'm doing so well in achieving my target, but on the planned one non-AFD per week I seem to be having almost a week's units. This is very bad, I know. GC, RA, B, MP, Molls et al would tell me that it's not working and I should try for complete abstinence. Perhaps that is the way things should go. I'll have a think about this when I haven't got a hangover tomorrow - seems like the sensible thing to do at the moment. :confused:

BHB: really sorry to hear about your poor FIL, and your poor wife must be going through it at the moment.

Miss P: OMG Piglet and his towel and trunks - he's SOOOOOOO cute! :rotfl:

Budgie: really glad you're back doing long posts :T

GP: might be doing that Manchester bike ride with you on 6 September!! I didn't know about it, thanks. :j

I've got a JOB INTERVIEW next week - OMG!!! It's full time, for approx one year. Assessment and interview - I'm really, really nervous. Things would be very very different around here if Mum went out to work full time rather than working from home ... :eek::eek:

Better get on

xx
    Total AFD's May-December 2009: 178 ie 73% of total days (245 days)
    Target January: 25 actual: 24 Target Feb: 22 actual 22 Target March: 26 Actual: 24 Target April: 25 Actual: 5
  • jo1972
    Good luck for your interview PIR :) xx
  • barshamhillbilly
    barshamhillbilly Posts: 2,127 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2009 at 1:55PM
    Mrs BHB was called to the hospital at 7.30 this morning :confused:
    HAven't heard from her since, so no idea what is happening.

I'm in charge ...... :eek:. One more shriek and the parrot gets it !:mad:

Just been out for a bike ride with the kids. Went the quiet back way into town, mostly on a bridleway. Confesses to buying a bottle of Brut, along with the kids chocolate ..... and MY chocolate :D;) ...... Fry's Peppermint cream :p

Followed DD's advice on the weather, as she looked on the internet as to the best time of day to go for the bike ride. So we went when she said and came out of the shop to find a thunderstorm :eek:. Got completely drenched on the way home. One giggling DD, one grumpy DS and wet pants for me!:eek: (sorry - TMI:D)

Obviously home now .... glorious sunshine :mad: :rotfl:

Hope everyone else is OK :D

BHB
    xx

ETA. FIL died peacefully earlier. Mrs BHB OK I think. Won't be home until tonight. Thanks for all the lovely supporting comments. xx
    :) Embrace your inner Hillbilly :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport