Hermes

124»

Comments

• I generally find Hermes fine but it depends on the courier. There was one lady who never knocked on my front door, used to just go in my back gate and leave on my patio whether I was in or not. I locked the gate once when expecting a parcel to make a point but she literally just threw it over the gate. Maybe she got fired because another lady started coming but she was leaving parcels propped up against my front door without knocking. One sat there while I was on holiday for two weeks, amazed it wasn’t nicked!

Newest bloke is fine, he always knocks and leaves safe if I’m not in. So when I say they’re fine I mean since he started.
  • biscit
    biscit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    They're great until something goes wrong. If you're unlucky to be in the 0.1% of misdelivered parcels, then getting hold of customer services seems impossible.
  • Surely it is about time that the police and / or other authorities became involved in what is happening with Hermes parcel delivery
    Trust Pilot has close to 1700 posts about Hermes Parcels and a greater than 96% rating of 'bad'.  It very much looks like something unlawful is going on.

The stories of non-delivery and false statements by Hermes are being posted by the hour, if not by the minute.  There is clearly a problem with the company.

Hermes no longer require a signature for delivery because of Covid. Since that decision to suspend the need for signatures, the complaints have racked up.

There is no way anyone can check whether or not Hermes drivers actually do deliver parcels when they say they do.  Just because a driver records the were near a delivery property does not mean they delivered a parcel. Many posters are saying they have CCTV that proves non-delivery and therefore falsification of delivery documentation. There is nothing to stop the drivers simply parking near a delivery address, registering they have delivered, and then keeping the parcels themselves or throwing them away.  Nothing to stop them at all.

The stories of rude and uncaring 'customer support' are so voluminous to almost certainly be true.

I have stopped using Hermes for my Ebay sales and recommend that any person or company suspend their dealings with Hermes until they investigate the culture that has led to so many complaints on a neutral review site. If anyone wants to buy online then check out if the seller is using Hermes as delivery and then avoid if they are.

If anyone wants to see what people are saying about this sham of a company, just put "Hermes Parcels Hermes Trust Pilot" into Google.  You will be shocked into re-thinking whether to use Hermes ever again.

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Surely it is about time that the police and / or other authorities became involved in what is happening with Hermes parcel delivery
    Trust Pilot has close to 1700 posts about Hermes Parcels and a greater than 96% rating of 'bad'.  It very much looks like something unlawful is going on.

The stories of non-delivery and false statements by Hermes are being posted by the hour, if not by the minute.  There is clearly a problem with the company.

Hermes no longer require a signature for delivery because of Covid. Since that decision to suspend the need for signatures, the complaints have racked up.

There is no way anyone can check whether or not Hermes drivers actually do deliver parcels when they say they do.  Just because a driver records the were near a delivery property does not mean they delivered a parcel. Many posters are saying they have CCTV that proves non-delivery and therefore falsification of delivery documentation. There is nothing to stop the drivers simply parking near a delivery address, registering they have delivered, and then keeping the parcels themselves or throwing them away.  Nothing to stop them at all.

The stories of rude and uncaring 'customer support' are so voluminous to almost certainly be true.

I have stopped using Hermes for my Ebay sales and recommend that any person or company suspend their dealings with Hermes until they investigate the culture that has led to so many complaints on a neutral review site. If anyone wants to buy online then check out if the seller is using Hermes as delivery and then avoid if they are.

If anyone wants to see what people are saying about this sham of a company, just put "Hermes Parcels Hermes Trust Pilot" into Google.  You will be shocked into re-thinking whether to use Hermes ever again.

Personally, I've never had an issue with Hermes delivering to me, although I use Royal Mail for anything that I send.

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I haven't read the whole thread but as someone who receives, rather than sends, parcels via Hermes, I can't praise them enough.

Driver has just dropped off parcel, which I ordered & paid via eBay 12 August around 22.00! He rang doorbell, left parcel on step and stepped back, but stopped for a socially distanced chat when I opened the door. Apart from RM postie, and Tesco deliveries, he's our only regular visitor and welcome anytime.
  • bigfer
    bigfer Posts: 319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hermes are on my !!!!!! list along with Scottish Power, Ryanair, Virgin Media and the BBC.
    They lost / stole a package a couple of months back and it took an eternity for a refund. I mean it is not difficult to refund if they know it has never been delivered by their own tracking system. Scottish Power are just rogues. Ryanair enough said. Virgin Media - great product, terrible CS and the BBC is just daylight robbery.........oh don't get me started........
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bigfer said:
    Hermes are on my !!!!!! list along with Scottish Power, Ryanair, Virgin Media and the BBC.
    They lost / stole a package a couple of months back and it took an eternity for a refund. I mean it is not difficult to refund if they know it has never been delivered by their own tracking system. Scottish Power are just rogues. Ryanair enough said. Virgin Media - great product, terrible CS and the BBC is just daylight robbery.........oh don't get me started........
    Really?

Exactly how much choice of entertainment do you expect for three quid a week?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback