Alternatives to Microsoft Money/Quicken?

15678911»

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    le_loup wrote: »
    Look out eskbanker it looks like you're being stalked.
    Fortunately I inhabit the real world rather than the bizarre fantasy one where this one apparently lives, so there's little chance of an actual encounter, but I'll have a request for identifying data ready for despatch should their delusions get out of control!

I suppose I just have myself to blame, in that sad trolls are generally looking for a reaction and are best ignored and/or reported rather than rising to the bait, but it does irritate when perfectly sensible threads are polluted by the sort of idiotic drivel that people like that feel the need to excrete....
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I will take that I have not got a date night then :(

I will always vote, MS Money for folks that have multiple accounts,
    it works, if they enter their data, on a PC or Lapy.

If they only have 2 accounts then go with ….????
    be lazy and SIMPLE, let your phone tell you :(

• Hello MSE Quicken fans,

I've lost my version of Quicken 2004 XG (UK version) due to computer crash. I've been using Quicken for over 20 years and really need to get 2004 XG up and running again without too much further costs. I'm currently running an older version which is nowhere nearly so good as 2004 XG and I have 2 year's worth of data to re-enter before moving forward. PLEASE, does any kind person have a copy I can download? I know it's a BIG ask, but it would be very much appreciated and MSE is all about saving money!.

Thanks for reading.

Regards Sue
  • :jThanks for trying to help Lobster, but that one is far too expensive for out-of-date software. It's FOUR times the price of the one I've now bought from Ebay at just £4.99. I'm not 'allowed' to show the link but for anyone else looking for this same version, I can recommend this seller. It works a treat.

PM me if you'd like me to send the link.
  • GSDMum
    GSDMum Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hooloovoo wrote: »
    Gnucash.

Switched to it myself from MS Money a few years ago. The interface isn't quite a nice but it's free and does everything I need.

Another vote for Gnucash! It's keeping me straight :T
  • Quicken 2000 UK installs and works fine on Windows 10, apart from a minor display issue when opened that takes 2 seconds to correct.
  • If anybody is still using Quicken 2004 can they help provide an understanding of how it works.  I have been left with Quicken 2004 up to date as far as March 2020 but now need to try and learn how it works for the future.  
  • Quite a few people have said that they cannot upload share prices.   I am managing using the method kindly created at https://www.aczoom.com/tech/import-prices-script-for-quicken/ using the Google docs option.  Has worked for me for years though only does daily prices and not historic.
    Still think I 'should' migrate to a newer (preferably opensource) software but still nothing looks as good.  Just trying out Gnucash but don't think it will suffice.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback