Santander Refer a Friend

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,418
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    schiff wrote: »
    I wonder if I can cancel all my cards and then they'd have nothing to claim from!
    I presume you mean 'cancel' as in removal from Amazon rather than literally cancelling a bunch of cards with the issuers (which would be something of an overreaction!)?

In your shoes I'd concentrate on getting written/screenshot confirmation from Amazon that the Prime trial has been cancelled rather than trying to deal with this via payment cards.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,096
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Zanderman wrote: »
    With respect, you don't seem to be as observant as you could be! The 'no thanks to prime' is, always, there (when you go thru checkout). You missed it, that's all.

You don't need to cancel your order to cancel prime. Just let the order be.

To cancel prime just go to your account settings. Or google it. It's really not difficult to cancel prime!!

If you google it you'll get a link to this page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202016220

Which, I trust, will help!!

I know I must come over as a bit thick when it seems so easy to others. I clicked on the link you provided (TY), logged in to my account and clicked on 'To end a paid m'ship etc' - all I get is:

Hello Mr Schiff
    Your Prime m'ship will be active soon
    M'ship management

None of those 3 items are live so I can't click through them.

Where it says 'To cancel a free trial, click Cancel Free Trial on the left-hand side of the page' - lo and behold amongst all the long list of topics I don't see 'Cancel a free trial'!

I have though deleted all my payment methods (TY eskbanker).

Rather than people on here helping out a hopeless case, I think I'll continue by e-mail with them!
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I seem to have been inveigled into Prime which according to Amazon will start soon. And I've had the e-mail today about the 'bonanza' in mid July. I've made several attempts to cancel my order and start again hoping for the disappearance of the Prime factor, but to no avail. I've never seen the continue without Prime option nor have I ever seen the light blue thing suggested by Zanderman.

Somewhere along the line I did manage to get confirmation that my free trial would be cancelled on July 25th but trying to go back to that to take a screen shot hasn't worked.

I can't find any way of getting in touch with them, no link to customer services and what I'm worried about is them taking the £7.99 (maybe month after month) and me having to fight my case for getting it back. I have used them over the years and I've got about 8 credit card details listed, some of which are defunct, but I don't see any way of clearing them out of my account.

Go to the main page: https://www.amazon.co.uk

Hover above ' Accounts & Lists' and select 'Your Prime membership'.

You should have a message saying: 'You will lose access to your benefits on 25 July 2019, and your card will not be charged.'

If that's the case then I'd just enjoy your Prime benefits that you got for free until it expires. Lots of decent films and box sets and millions of music tracks.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,096
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Go to the main page: https://www.amazon.co.uk

Hover above ' Accounts & Lists' and select 'Your Prime membership'.

You should have a message saying: 'You will lose access to your benefits on 25 July 2019, and your card will not be charged.'

If that's the case then I'd just enjoy your Prime benefits that you got for free until it expires. Lots of decent films and box sets and millions of music tracks.

Sorry, I just get this:

Hello Mr Schiff
    M'ship management

Again :(
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry, I just get this:

Hello Mr Schiff
    M'ship management

Is automatic renewal off? Can't help much further after that.

Amazon CS is very good though. If you do happen to get charged on 25th July, then contact them via chat or request a call back and they will refund and cancel your Prime membership (just don't use any of the Prime benefits from that date to be eligible for a refund).

Apologies to anyone with the chat wondering off topic...
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,131
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sorry, I just get this:

Hello Mr Schiff
    M'ship management

Is it possible that the reason you can't cancel Prime is because its not yet active? Perhaps try again tomorrow?
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,930
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    anyone waiting for vouchers from claims made 4th and 5th June?
  • vixen1500
    vixen1500 Posts: 635
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 27 June 2019 at 12:43PM
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Is automatic renewal off? Can't help much further after that.

Amazon CS is very good though. If you do happen to get charged on 25th July, then contact them via chat or request a call back and they will refund and cancel your Prime membership (just don't use any of the Prime benefits from that date to be eligible for a refund).

Apologies to anyone with the chat wondering off topic...

Still off topic, but cant find option to "chat" on Amazon

Also we had prime added a 'free trial', which was cancelled BUT found out later that they has also subscribed us to Amazon Music, didn't fi d out until £9.99 was charged to credit card. Not impressed

UPDATE

Just managed to get through on chat monies now refunded.
    Typically confused and asking for advice
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    It is easy to call Amazon via the link on their help page in fact what happens if they call you back

in any case cancelling your credit card won't stop any payments going through because payments go through to closed credit cards

I would just ring them up and ask for their help they are usually very good
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,930
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pfpf wrote: »
    anyone waiting for vouchers from claims made 4th and 5th June?
    never got these so had to phone up. appears there's no record of either claim. I've been sent the spread sheet which confirms these 2 are missing so its in the hands of the promotion team.
    I am hopeful having read previous comments about the team on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure