Options
1569570571572573575»

Comments

• vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2013 at 5:47PM
    Options
    i seem to remember some people have used foursquare in vegas. Has anyone managed to get the $ statement credits on a UK billed Amex?

EDIT to say I've just tried and I can't check in and load a card in US anyway. So answered my own question
  • marsman802
    Options
    Anyone on here in Vegas for NYE tonight? I hear its always quite a celebration
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    ferf1223 - regarding the Quidco bonus, I've got a £2.59 bonus cashback amount on my account after having booked a few hotels the other day. I have a feeling that it's only 10% of your actual cashback....ie so if you spend £1000, get 5% cashback that would be £50. You would then get another 10% of that cashback making it £55 in total. I just wondered if you thought it was a further 10% of the sale price. It's still good to get something extra though, and ebookers were doing 15% on hotels the other day, making it worth my while making a couple of bookings with them and expedia for upcoming holidays.

Hope everyone has a nice time at New Year, and all the best for 2014!!! :beer:
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    I just wondered if you thought it was a further 10% of the sale price.

Yes I did think it was an extra 10% cashback until I checked the tracked amount this morning and the bonus amount and thought 'right, that makes much more sense'...not sure why I thought they could magically add that much extra cashback...but still, now we're looking at it as if we hadn't been booking to take advantage of the extra cashback we probably wouldn't have had a chance at the 'cheap' upgrade...we were planning on booking in the sale anyway so nothing lost really. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • alictait
    Options
    We've been here since the 23rd, 7 nights at Aria (6 nights free via MyVegas - didn't even get charged the resort fee!) and checked into the Sig yesterday for 5 nights, then off to Death Valley for 1 night, then back to Vegas for 3 nights at the Wyndham Grand Desert (hotel rates were crazy for CES).

Off to the pool now, as the weather has been great then off to do the strip for NYE, expecting it to be pretty mental out there as its been very busy since we got here anyway, so should be an experience! Will try and take some pics and post tomorrow if I survive it all!
    If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried.
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    Yes I did think it was an extra 10% cashback until I checked the tracked amount this morning and the bonus amount and thought 'right, that makes much more sense'...not sure why I thought they could magically add that much extra cashback...but still, now we're looking at it as if we hadn't been booking to take advantage of the extra cashback we probably wouldn't have had a chance at the 'cheap' upgrade...we were planning on booking in the sale anyway so nothing lost really. :)

I know, not like you wouldn't have gone to Vegas anyway :rotfl: Every little counts. I did sort of think it was 10% at first too, I thought it seemed too good to be true. I also thought it was a special offer because I'd just reached £1,000 cashback. Probably open to all though. Did you make sure you clicked it to register etc?

Glad you have your trip booked, something to look forward to even it it's still a wee while away. We go in September and it feels like a long way away.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    I did register and my bonus cashback tracked ok...it reads like it may be open to those with over £1k quidco cashback, maybe? I'm just over that too.

we're going in April first...so not too long, but it seems sooo far away still. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure