PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Felt happy walking into work today, for no good reason that I am moving forward with the house. Almost jumping for joy :D

DH put a mirror up in the new downstairs loo today so I am even happier. We used the mirror we had in the old loo, a lovely vintage looking pine one with rope to hold it on the hook.

Today I have spent an hour decluttering another email in box. I only cleared it last week too. The stuff you get once you sign up for one offer. I was also a member of a load of survey sites so I had a load of invitations to do this and that. I looked at each site and reckoned I could earn money much better selling stuff than doing surveys. I did stop a while ago as I was soooo bored.

I am now free of most of these sites as I have unsubscribed. Happy days.

Still got work to do in the dining room and have took a load of boxes to DD room for sorting into for the next bit of clearing out.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • Thanks for all the cheerleading Mrs SD! Helping us all to keep going :T

Quick update on what was achieved at the weekend (yes, I realise it's nearly the weekend again!) Kondo'd my undies drawer and actually folded my pants and socks! Never thought I'd see the day, but it's silly how happy it's made me :o

Also managed to sort out cosmetics and toiletries which were I about 6 different places in the house. Now all neatly organised in dressing table and caddy in bathroom :j

Also made a start on sorting the drawers in the dining table, which has various bits and bobs in it. Everything's still in a pile on the dining table so that's a work in progress :rotfl:

Onwards and upwards!
    Every act of kindness, no matter how small, isn’t wasted ❤️
    "It’ll be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright - it’s not the end"
    Every pound we spend is a vote for the sort of world we want

2021 wins - 1
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    16. Spent the afternoon / evening going through the rest of the Christmas cards - processing them into 4 piles. 1st pile made into tags; 2nd pile are square and put tidily away to make cards with; 3rd pile I turned into cards using up old card stock that I have had for years ( I had also already sorted out a pile of envelopes that I had no cards for and made cards to go with them). 4th pile were binned.
    Unused strips of card were placed into my strips of card wallet, ready to use when I am making other cards.
    I should have enough cards now for hubby and I to next Christmas.
    I have been meaning to go through all the Christmas card stuff for ages. A great job done whilst recuperating.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Hi Guys,
    After my initial great start before New Year life got in the way.
    I have now cleared the understairs cupboard and have 3 bags of rubbish gone to wheelie bin.
    1 bag for charity shop - mainly books, couple of bits of clothes, odd mug that doesn't get used.
    Think next I am going to target my bedroom.
  • Spent the evening decluttering my odd recipes into a little notebook.
    All loose bits of paper recycled along with a whole host of receipe sheets that I’m never going to use.
    Was quite therapeutic.. Couple more items for the charity bag also..
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2019 at 4:25PM
    Thought I had better log it down while I remember. Not sure i will get any actual decluttering done today but i am sorting out items ready for a tip run now planned for tomorrow ::)
    *46 a large cardboard box and other cardboard put out for recycling
    *47 a load of paperwork either shredded or into recycling
    *48 a weed in a pot disguised as a plant :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: now in recycling
    *49 small box of plastic bits-recycling

23 items loaded into the boot of the car ready for the tip tomorrow which will be a good add to my total:T
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • One thing i do have a lot of is DS's clothes from when he was a baby. I did want to fill them again but alas no. Anyway being a sentimental old thing I can't bring myself to give them away so I'm thinking of making a nice big puff quilt using the t shirts, etc.

I kept all of my son's clothes for the same reason and for ages I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them (it's really accepting you're not having another one) but as I've started to give the bags of stuff away it's got easier and easier to do. I like your quilt idea too. All the cute little clothes do bring back happy memories. 😀
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all,

another shelf in the book cupboard of doom tackled...

18 - HT's old wallet with broken zip - binned
    19 - old radio, no batteries or lead - binned
    20 - chewable vitamins that nobody wants to chew - binned
    21 - watch given to HT that he doesn't want still in box - charity bag
    22 - 24 - 3 pocket kagoules that no longer fit the HT to Ebay pile
    25 - bubblegum flavoured lollipop, unknown vintage - binned
    26 - old broken mouse mat - binned

I also put all the little cake boxes that were on the shelf back into the baking cupboard where they belong, decluttered all of the HT's achievement certificates off the fridge door and into his memory folder, ditto his achievement letters from the cupboard and I've made soup which cooked while I was tidying. I wasn't feeling the love for this today but it's only taken me an hour.
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 17 January 2019 at 1:28PM
    Hello,
    May I join please? We live in a 200m² house but in 2020 we will move in a 10m² motohome. I need a big declutter and I need to sell everything I can to fund our project.
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have sold something that was cluttering the bedroom. Unused, unloved. But am pleased - only a few pounds but it's going in the post.

Am managing just a few stages but it is a boost to actually sell something.
    Hooray.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport