PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    house elf do you like the actifry? I'm pondering but wonder if it will just be languishing in a cupboard with the ice cream maker and pop corn maker , just occasionally used.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Some recent pleasures,

We went to Port Issac, despite there being a film company catering truck parked up there was no sign of Martin Clunes aka Doc, smashing little fishing village though and we treated ourselves to some fresh crab.

A trip over the border into Devon, crossed Dartmoor and saw a lot of the small, shaggy ponies, many mares either pregnant or with foals at foot.

Looped round, back into Cornwall and across Bodmin, we stopped at Jamaica Inn but was v disappointed as it’s now a glorified Spoons :(

Last evening of our hols we took a bottle of wine and a couple of glasses to the top field to toast the sun going down.

Took the longer route home to avoid BH motorway madness, through the Cotswolds gorgeous in the spring sunshine and happily passed the time by listening to another MM play and various comedy programmes.

Home, the apple tree is in full blossom and everything is so green and lush, especially the grass!

The forever pleasure of sleeping in your own bed.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Give me joy in my heart keep me posting - and huge thanks to you all who do, inspiring me to try harder & helping me remember the good stuff!

OS pleasures recently
    Getting into the gym again. Love those endorphins!

"That's not an advert, that's a weather forecast!" - some Saturdays the lads wake up at different rates...

Overheard in comic shop "well, mummy's away this weekend" - apparently in reply to "why are we Here?". Not sure quite with whom my sympathies lie!

"Who's she talking to?" "God - only He knows who else is listening...." Family living can be challenging some days.

"I thought Amber Rudd was an artisan beer" - son's grasp on politics spectacularly hazy. Yet he can vote, ulp!

Ah, Manchester. If it's not warm it's raining & if it's not raining it's cold. The only thing you can wear all year round is a smile! Says she, tugging beanie & mittens from the depths of the bag...

Husband has bought a cheese making kit from a charity shop. I foresee mozzarella... Lots and lots of mozzarella.

Ah, convocation of tea point Brains Trust. Love these meetings of like-minded senses of humour & happily we eviscerate current local politics as we brew up.

A stash of throwback [digital] photos found! Aw, clicking through *oceans* of nostalgia....

Himself found drawing of pipe rack planned as project to construct. No dimensions but I had them on the phone's notes. Suddenly the phone basks in the green & gold of his approval.

"A small badly funded correctional facility" - well, that's certainly one perspective on family life (Simon Evans' routine) but I laughingly disagree - my lads are (usually) the delight of my heart.

Son has a smartly ironed shirt & trousers hanging - he has an intervierw at a local garden cente! (On a Bank Holiday Saturday. Still, fingers crossed for him.)

Took a day flexi & slept 12 hours. Then puttered - repotted some seedlings - chop and sweat some veg - water some little plants but the major plans? Still await my attention - a nice relaxing day! Clad in fleece & with waterproof in line of sight - Raffles dear soul, this Yellow Stuff is yearned for.

The downside of stinking backache is it hurts. The upside is the gym opens in another 57 minutes & then I can do something very thorough about said backache.

Right. Bank Holiday Weekend - health, strength, love, courage, sunhats, effective gardening tools, cold drinks & assorted condiments quant suff all round!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    hello all i have been on holiday - wonderful national trust house in melrose with not very good wifi.
    pm2bop phew the mariners had me biting my nails too. sad the hatters couldn't quite catch up AS, but pleased to see jones motm
    dfv email from provost says we're up to 83 candles. he's hoping we can get to 100 for pentecost at which point they'll light them. i'll be away so i hope they take pictures!
    for the week
    1) fantastic agm weekend in Edinburgh - Lindsey Davis gave an excellent talk Saturday
    2) sunday we had a great guided tour of the signet library followed by an amazing high tea. recommend it. then another great tour, this time of greyfriars cemetry.
    3) then melrose on monday. bought 4 hardbacks in a charity shop, 3 as presents.
    4) wonderful days spent exploring abbeys and evenings sharing much merriment with 10 or 12 others depending on day
    5) back to work friday - very long day wading through a gazillion emails. and today a lovely lazy day, bit of cleaning, bit of gardening, walking dogs with gbf
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yet again the nicest part of day is the evening. It's been at best mild. Had my wooly hat on for dog walking.

Nice dog walk with H & his old girl.

DD 2 & GN made cookies using up a couple of bags of Easter chocolate a friend had given us. Girls took some down to friends.

Washings out and in still damp but ironed & on clothes horses.

Felt emotionally drained for a lot of day so I'm in bed & tomorrow is indeed another day.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Struggling for pleasures as I have been so cold my brain has frozen :rotfl: as well as my sense of humour - it is May in the South of France for cripes sake :eek: Anyway here goes

1. DSis has lit a fire - first time I have been properly warm in two days & there is nothing like a log fire :T:j

2. Using up lots of leftovers :)

3. Looking forward to trying my hm yummy lemon cheesecake :rotfl:.

4. Selling a chair & a high chair - the first items in a couple of days

5. Finishing off the custard tart that DSis bought - yummy :)

6. DH has found a cs (in France) that collects :T

7. Reading your posts :)

Have a good night everyone & enjoy your Bank Holiday

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,148 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quick pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in.

2) Cooked breakfast.

3) More bricks delivered to my brother's! Bigger son took his bike back (that he had mended).

4) A very warm and sunny day - up to 21 degrees.

5) Washed down the windows and all the paths/slabs outside that had been covered in brick dust.

6) Hens well.

7) My school friend came round for tea.

8) Bigger son went to work in the afternoon and I gave him a lift down to meet his friends afterwards.

9) Just caught up with Casualty.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Saturday pleasures,

Out to breakfast with eldest hollow legged one, poached eggs on toast, yum.

It’s the Guineas weekend so horsey town busy, love to people watch and assess the outfits worn, good and bad ;)

Home and already warm, cut some apple blossom to bring into house, won’t last long but looks fab, herbs are doing well with chives about to flower.

Over to yard to reacquaint myself with horse, she seemed pleased to see me but was very dusty after a week of non-grooming.

Home, Capt S had cut back hedge a little either side of garden gate and was just finishing the lawn, sat outside with a glass of something cold and enjoyed the evening sun.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Woke up dreaming of DM this morning so feeling a bit fragile, thinking of some recent pleasures

1. DF is out of hospital and continuing to recover from sepsis
    2. warm sunshine but not too hot just pleasant
    3. making progress cutting the grass - it was nearly waist high but now 2/3 done
    4. little wren bobbing about in the garden
    5. puppy enjoying sitting in the garden watching the birds and sniffing the bbq's :rotfl:
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Morning All,
    mhagster wrote: »
    house elf do you like the actifry? I'm pondering but wonder if it will just be languishing in a cupboard with the ice cream maker and pop corn maker , just occasionally used.

Mhags It took me a while to decide to buy one, but it has been really useful. Mostly make wedges using the bags of new potatoes from the SM or frozen chips. (I have made chicken wings, but gets messy!). ..........I gave the ice cream maker away, but I still have the chocolate fountain and the candy floss maker in the pantry :rotfl:

Yesterday

1. Spent the day in the garden.

2. Found some 50p bedding packs in Garden centre. Repotted 130 sweet peas. Will plant some, gift some, and get my gardening group to sell some to fund the GW competition.

3. Hens sunbathing. Doggie also thinks she is a hen, and tries to join the gang. Hens very accepting, even though she is a Bernese Mountain Dog :o

4. IKEA for tea. Meatballs of course. Spent ludicrous amount of money. Only went for picture frames. Free charge for car.:j

5. Fire in the fire pit before watching an Escape to the Chateau DIY and bed.

More gardening today :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure