GWD Forestry Investment

Comments

• JohnB1974
    JohnB1974 Posts: 11 Forumite
    I have provided links for individuals in order to check the information supplied by the company as supporting evidence. I am of course limited with what files I can share directly through this forum. In regards to your comment
    If the company has been in business for as long as claimed, why are these things (such as independent harvest reports) not already in place?
    They are and can be supplied to you if you wish, I would suggest that you contact the company regarding this. There are also a lot of independent reports to be found online with a little searching. In regards to finding it odd that I should be posting of course I have an interest in commenting on a company I was involved with, I don't think thats so strange myself, It would be strange if I was commenting on a company I have had no direct knowledge or experience with.
  • Gambler101
    Gambler101 Posts: 580 Forumite
    This has all the hallmarks of a scam, even a persistent shill.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
  • JohnB1974
    I don't really understand what hallmarks you are referring to but the verifiable facts are -

The company has sizeable assets on 3 continents which have now been (mostly) independently valued, those projects developed can be viewed relatively easily on google earth showing the site developments over the years. The company has been established for nearly a decade, it has already harvested, and generated revenue for its clients. Its currently harvesting those projects established in Brazil, has buyers lined up under agreement with supporting LOI's whilst all revenue is independently audited.
    I should also point out that the projected returns were produced using the widely applied 3-PG growth and yield model used in scientific and commercial forestry operations and produced by a recognised independent forestry consultant and based on actual site specific data, whilst growth and yield rates have also been monitored over the duration of the projects by an independent and recognised university.
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    JohnB1974 wrote: »
    I think you will find that the information I mentioned will be shared quite openly by the company,

Not very effectively, it would seem.

As an ex-employee of various companies I'd never go on a forum to vaguely explain away their policies and issues unless I was being paid a consultancy fee.

I'd give up now, if I were you. This isn't an audience that is going to be taken in.
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    those projects developed can be viewed relatively easily on google earth showing the site developments over the years.

Someone has already pointed out how ridiculous this is as a way of confirming that your company owns these assets.

How is the average UK investor, looking at a nice forested site in Brazil on Google Earth, going to know who actually owns those trees?
    The revenue received from the sale of the timber will also be reported independently in the coming months.
    The website will also include the current valuations of the projects, and results from the harvesting operations which are expected to start in the next few months. All values will be reported and I believe these values returned will also be registered through the central bank as required by law.
    and the results from the harvests that will be reported independently.
    This information will be reported independently in due course in the interests of clarity.
    I think you will find that the information I mentioned will be shared quite openly by the company

A recurring theme in your posts are the references to things that will (or might) happen in future. This should not provide any reassurance to anyone now, at this point in time. Such statements, from someone who by their own admission has no authority to speak for the company, should be treated as meaningless until and unless it actually happens.
  • JohnB1974
    Someone has already pointed out how ridiculous this is as a way of confirming that your company owns these assets.

How is the average UK investor, looking at a nice forested site in Brazil on Google Earth, going to know who actually owns those trees?

The company doesn't expect any UK investors to base a decision on Google earth imagery, but having said that the company doesn't deal with UK investors in the first place. Being a UK forum most of the posters therefore I presume are not actual clients of the company or would have any reason to visit our offices in the first place to verify this. I am also limited to what I can share with you because I cant share files, web links etc on this site but your more than welcome to visit the offices and ask directly for as much information you need to make an informed decision on whether or not the company owns the assets it says it does.

Most of the companies clients have visited the companies offices and have received enough information in person to provide proof of the existence of the companies projects and anyone is welcome to view land registry documentation, independent reports, accounts and valuations which quite clearly prove the company owns the assets it says it does.

For those not willing to travel from the UK to visit our offices or projects then the only thing I can do is point you in the direction for you to research the information available. Whilst I am well aware I will probably be challenged on anything I say there is a mass of information online providing proof of land ownership alongside imagery showing permanent building's on company projects that clearly show the companies logos on trucks, produce in shops, buildings etc alongside drone videos showing ariel footage which goes some way to proving the scale of the companies forestry operations visually. I can understand the scepticism in the UK for this type of company whilst the company started back in 2007 over this period a large number of predominantly UK based forestry companies emerged selling "packages" of 100 or so trees to investors however in regards to us this is not how we operate.
  • JohnB1974
    In regards to your comment
    A recurring theme in your posts are the references to things that will (or might) happen in future. This should not provide any reassurance to anyone now, at this point in time. Such statements, from someone who by their own admission has no authority to speak for the company, should be treated as meaningless until and unless it actually happens.

The company has actually harvested over a number of years now, and clients have received payments from those harvests over the years. This can all be researched online or you can contact the company directly and they will be able to send you as much information as you need to confirm this. In regards to the Brazilian projects harvesting HAS started and is ongoing at the present time, only when it is finished will independent reports / accounts be able to be produced and this information will be sent to the clients.
  • JohnB1974 wrote: »
    The company doesn't expect any UK investors to base a decision on Google earth imagery, but having said that the company doesn't deal with UK investors in the first place. Being a UK forum most of the posters therefore I presume are not actual clients of the company or would have any reason to visit our offices in the first place to verify this. I am also limited to what I can share with you because I cant share files, web links etc on this site but your more than welcome to visit the offices and ask directly for as much information you need to make an informed decision on whether or not the company owns the assets it says it does.

Most of the companies clients have visited the companies offices and have received enough information in person to provide proof of the existence of the companies projects and anyone is welcome to view land registry documentation, independent reports, accounts and valuations which quite clearly prove the company owns the assets it says it does.

For those not willing to travel from the UK to visit our offices or projects then the only thing I can do is point you in the direction for you to research the information available. Whilst I am well aware I will probably be challenged on anything I say there is a mass of information online providing proof of land ownership alongside imagery showing permanent building's on company projects that clearly show the companies logos on trucks, produce in shops, buildings etc alongside drone videos showing ariel footage which goes some way to proving the scale of the companies forestry operations visually. I can understand the scepticism in the UK for this type of company whilst the company started back in 2007 over this period a large number of predominantly UK based forestry companies emerged selling "packages" of 100 or so trees to investors however in regards to us this is not how we operate.

You are presenting yourself as a "former employee" yet you use present tense terms like "our offices" and "how we operate". This clearly indicates you are a current employee.

You also state you cannot share any company files on this site. If you are a "former employee" then it is not possible for you to have access to this companies current data, unless all their former employee's are allowed full access to all their internal data.

Please proof read your adverts in future.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I am also limited to what I can share with you because I cant share files, web links etc on this site
    Rubbish. Of course you can.

If you have any website links then paste them as text information rather than a link, i.e. remove the 'http://' and paste the rest. I'm sure we'll figure out how to get the information.

Similarly for files.... have you head of Dropbox (or similar), simply upload the important files in to Dropbox (or similar) and then follow the advice above to post the link to the files.

I for one will look forward to you posting the links for all this valuable information.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Is this GWD Forestry Investment based in Dublin or Palma, both seem to do forestry and logging. If it's the Palma one, their seems to be very little information from independent sources.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback