Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi AlandJules and welcome to the Forums.

Sounds like there's been a mismatch between the meters and the postal address and/or industry information. This can happen and is usually put right using a series of electronic messages to let all those involved with the supply (distributor, meter operator, national database etc) know about the mistake. Depending on the circumstances, this can take several weeks to put right. Going back to last September, though, is much longer than I would've expected.

As this is going through our complaints process, I suspect you're waiting for our 'Final Resolution Offer' letter. This will help when you go to the Ombudsman but, with the complaint going back this far, you can approach them now if you wish. No need to wait for the letter.

Really sorry for the inconvenience but hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Murraymint110
    Options
    Hi,
    I've just switched to E-on and wish I hadn't. I have given my meter readings 3 times, but every time the meter readings get changed to some huge erroneous number. I call and get them changed but within a few hours they change back again to the huge numbers. Also my DD is now saying no payment until June :( I also keep getting nagged to give my meter readings.
    If this is how it's going to be I can't wait to get out in 12 months or earlier if possible, wish I never left Ovo.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Morning Murraymint110 and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry your switch hasn't gone as smoothly as you would have liked. Must admit, it's a bit strange the meter readings are being changed. What reason have we given? Usually, readings are either accepted or rejected, not changed. One thing to check is the meter serial number. Have we taken over the right supply?

The date of the first Monthly Direct Debit payment is determined by the start date of the account and the day of the month you want the amount collecting. Sometimes this can be a bit later than expected and you're right to be concerned. You don't want to fall behind from the start. To make up for this, we're happy to take a separate payment. This can either be a card payment or a one off Direct Debit. Card payments can be done online but you'll need to talk to us to arrange a one off Direct Debit payment.

Once the account is live and if you've registered with our website, you'll be able to use the 'Direct Debit Manager.' This is a tool that gives you more control over the arrangement including the ability to change payments. Comes in handy should circumstances change.

Sorry again you're unhappy with the way we're handling the switch. If you're still within the 14 day cooling off period, you'll be able to stop the transfer and stay with your current supplier as though no switch had been asked for.

Hope this is useful Murraymint110. Let me know if you need any help as happy to do so.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just thought I say that our switch to E.on for Electricity went very smoothly. Provided meter reading when requested. Direct Debit set up fine and 1st payment taken. About 15 days after the switch, I entered new meter readings to check the "Bill Now" facility, and got a new bill within 2 days. So far very happy, and saving about £40 a year on electric compared with previous supplier, who was already cheaper than a lot of the others. Thanks
    Options
    Glad all went well with your switch ASavvyBuyer and thanks for taking the time to let us know. :)

Sounds like you used the 'Real Time Billing' tool on our website. When you enter meter readings, this gives the option of either seeing the balance that would result or actually issuing a bill. It's a great way to make sure all's on track with the account. Hope the information I gave to Murraymint110 about the 'Direct Debit Manager' was of interest too.

Thanks again for the feedback ASavvyBuyer. Much appreciated.

Malc
  • Murraymint110
    Options
    Hi Malc,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we have double checked the meter number and it is correct. The advisor has put notes on my account to not change the readings but again they have changed. According to the Eon advisor I talked to yesterday the website is having some issues and doesn't work correctly for the 1st month, this seems crazy. My DD is May not June as the website suggests. Also I cannot increase my DD from £73 as it says my maximum payment allowed is £29 !! Total joke tbh
    Options
    Hi Malc,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we have double checked the meter number and it is correct. The advisor has put notes on my account to not change the readings but again they have changed. According to the Eon advisor I talked to yesterday the website is having some issues and doesn't work correctly for the 1st month, this seems crazy. My DD is May not June as the website suggests. Also I cannot increase my DD from £73 as it says my maximum payment allowed is £29 !! Total joke tbh

Something's not right here Murraymint. Advisors wouldn't change meter readings like this. I suspect there's a system issue that's causing it. I'll be happy to take a look if you drop an email with your details and up to date readings to the address in my Profile.

I think my colleague was probably referring to delays in all our online services becoming available following a change of supplier. Although switches usually complete in about two and half weeks, it can take longer for all the information to reach us. The way it works is that electronic messages pass between the two suppliers and certain third parties like the regional distributors, meter operators, meter reading agents, national databases etc. These messages are used to let all those involved with the energy supply know about the changed circumstances. Whilst customers can register with our website, they won't be able to use all the services until these details are in place. I'm guessing but I think this is what our advisor meant when talking about not working 'correctly for the first month.' This is usual and won't have anything to do with the random changes to meter readings you're experiencing.

I also suspect the meter reading issue is causing your Direct Debit difficulties. It's only possible to change payments by more than 5 per cent , either up or down, through the Direct Debit Manager when accounts are billed up to date. As the readings keep changing, it's likely this will throw up the difficulties you describe. The date thing might be down to the account start date and the day payments are due to be collected as per my earlier post. Again, happy to take a look.

Sorry you're having these issues Murraymint. I'm here if you need my help.

Malc
  • LouiseY
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new and hope this is the right place for this. I'm considering switching to you from Scottish Power but I see the form on the moneysupermarket site gives room for only one MPAN number where my bill gives two and I have two meters due to Scottish Power's system with comfort plus white meter day/night on one meter and heat on another meter ( so I have two meters and economy 7). I didn't want to switch and then find myself in a world of pain because the form wasn't set up for that. Can you advise me whether I can switch and how to do this without trouble caused by the complex metering?

Thanks!
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LouiseY wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm new and hope this is the right place for this. I'm considering switching to you from Scottish Power but I see the form on the moneysupermarket site gives room for only one MPAN number where my bill gives two and I have two meters due to Scottish Power's system with comfort plus white meter day/night on one meter and heat on another meter ( so I have two meters and economy 7). I didn't want to switch and then find myself in a world of pain because the form wasn't set up for that. Can you advise me whether I can switch and how to do this without trouble caused by the complex metering?

Thanks!

My advice is not to attempt to switch supplier with that metering.
    Attempts to do so invariably end in tears.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LouiseY wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks!

Good morning LouiseY and welcome to the forums.

I understand footyguy's point, it can be complicated to change suppliers when you have this sort of complex set up.

These tariff's and set ups won't show on any comparison sites and we also don't list unit prices etc on our website.

The way to change supplier with these meters, is to call and speak to the different companies [FONT=&quot]separately[/FONT], this way you can get a quote and ensure that supplier would be able to support the current set up and make sure they can bill you correctly.

We can do this for you as we have a team that deal with quotes and sales, you can contact me or give us a ring and we'll be more than happy to help.

Helena
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback