Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Kazza, is there any reason the Barnsley 3.2% 1 year fixed rate ISA that Martin has mentioned is not in your list on the first post?

I am sure there must be good reason, but I see you have updated the list today and, I think, yesterday so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something obvious?!

It's funny, but I don't trust it's a decent option if you don't list it! I've been watching this thread for years and I trust your superior knowledge!

PM him and he will add it to the list.

He misses things out sometimes ;)
  • rb10 wrote: »
    Yeah, generally.

Released today:
    Santander Flexible ISA at 3.15%

Santander Loyalty Flexible ISA at 3.30% (for Santander current account/mortgage/investment customers)

And rumoured to be released on Monday:
    Halifax ISA Direct Reward at 3.0%, or 3.2% for Halifax current account customers. (Link to the existing Halifax ISA Direct Reward at 2.8/3.0%)

Can you open the Santander 3.15% ISA for the upcoming tax year if you have one of their previous ISAs? I have a flexible ISA which I opened April last year, issue 2 I think, and was going to transfer this to Barnsley and open a new Santander flexible ISA for 2011 tax year. Just thinking out loud but, as I've paid into the issue 2 this year, I'm going to have to wait until the new tax year to open the new issue aren't I? It will probably be closed by then!
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Can you open the Santander 3.15% ISA for the upcoming tax year if you have one of their previous ISAs? I have a flexible ISA which I opened April last year, issue 2 I think, and was going to transfer this to Barnsley and open a new Santander flexible ISA for 2011 tax year. Just thinking out loud but, as I've paid into the issue 2 this year, I'm going to have to wait until the new tax year to open the new issue aren't I? It will probably be closed by then!

There's not really any point in opening it too early. I expect that it will be available until late April/early May (going by what's happened in previous years).

Hold your horses for now though; the Daily Mail reckons that Halifax will increase the rate on its ISA Direct Reward to 3%/3.2% on Monday. It's possible that others will follow in the next week or so.
  • Phargus
    Phargus Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry if clear elsewhere but can someone please confirm if you can pay into this Santander 3.15% ISA online as part of opening the account? Seem to remember I had to take in ID and pay in at a branch last year with A&L.

thanks
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    From memory the 'going into branch' thing was only the last week or so of the tax year (not enough time to complete by post) - was it late March when you opened the account?
  • rb10 wrote: »
    There's not really any point in opening it too early. I expect that it will be available until late April/early May (going by what's happened in previous years).

Hold your horses for now though; the Daily Mail reckons that Halifax will increase the rate on its ISA Direct Reward to 3%/3.2% on Monday. It's possible that others will follow in the next week or so.

Thanks, will wait a bit then. It'll be nice to see some new rates coming out as there aren't many ISAs around that take my fancy at the moment...:)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Basic ISA transfer question. DH and I need to transfer our Santander ISAs asap as bonus will stop now. DH will also need to transfer a Nationwide fixed one soon too. If we went for Barnsley or Nationwide e-isa can we transfer one in now and another in a couple of weeks or do they have to go in at the same time?

Trying to decide if the Barnsley fixed is more appealing than the Nationwide. Access is not the issue just the hope that rates will rise and not wanting to be tied in and miss a good rate any views welcome as I go round and round in circles with such decisions.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Basic ISA transfer question. DH and I need to transfer our Santander ISAs asap as bonus will stop now. DH will also need to transfer a Nationwide fixed one soon too. If we went for Barnsley or Nationwide e-isa can we transfer one in now and another in a couple of weeks or do they have to go in at the same time?

Trying to decide if the Barnsley fixed is more appealing than the Nationwide. Access is not the issue just the hope that rates will rise and not wanting to be tied in and miss a good rate any views welcome as I go round and round in circles with such decisions.

Fixed term accounts usually only allow one deposit and therefore usually the transfer has to be done at the same time.

Instant access will allow multiple deposits, and therefore transfers.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks Lokolo. Can you also tell me to transfer who do you make the request to the existing provider or the new provider - thanks
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Can you also tell me to transfer who do you make the request to the existing provider or the new provider - thanks

The new provider.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure