PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• 195: another filofax sold, 65 euros in the travel pot , bouhhhhh
    196-197: 2 other items sold, 7 euros in the travel pot
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Beshki
    Beshki Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    MrsSD, Thanks for that. I did wonder if the tip would be able to take them. I shall take them down next time I go.

Loads out today, huge bag of coats back to the shop as OH’s Mum had tried them on and decided on which one she wanted to keep for her B’day. And towels, dog coats, a bale of hay and a box of charity leaflets donated to an animal charity. They have been gathered up cluttering the place for weeks, so glad they are gone!

Have started a new charity bag but not enough in it yet to make it worth the trip..
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Whoo Hoo ! 2 cs bags collected :j. I even managed to get 3 bags into the 2 and I couldn't shoe horn anything else in.... but I did try :rotfl:. They were quite heavy too and I felt sorry for the collection man but they had gone by the time I woke up :o. Only a medium to large suitcase full of clothing to get rid of now. Probably won't be able to do much decluttering this week as we have a busy week ahead, including some food shopping and oncology appointments for DH.
    Keep up the good work all even, if it's only baby steps it's all good :T
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    3 items sold and posted but just small items.

Envelope recycled by reusing it for a letter I've written. I do like reusing stuff but that is why I have so much clutter I suppose.

Loads of stuff into recycling and some bulbs planted that should have been done ages ago but in the ground now & out of the shed.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    Not sure if classed as decluttering
    29. More wallpaper stripped
    30. Tree cut back

31. More wallpaper stripped tonight
  • Had a wonderful lunch - good food, good company, excellent music (which was not too loud:T) & a really wonderful restaurant - Big Easy in Canary Wharf. DH & I will be going again :D might even take my DSis :rotfl:

Round 5 of cheerleading :D

:hello: ailz95 and welcome aboard the ‘Decluttering Bandwagon’ We love to have new people aboard & you have taken the first step :T you have posted on the Decluttering Thread :D Sorry that you are suffering ill health but beavering away is the right approach - little & often. You have my admiration for moving into MiL’s house to take care of her. Merging two households into one is definitely not my idea of fun times :( I am surprised you are still sane :D So sorry to hear the news of your mother’s passing - it must be a comfort to you that you were with her.
    You have done very well on the decluttering front - you are now also a member of the ‘We Love Lists Club’ :rotfl: There are a lot of us who love our lists :D

DD265, congratulations on moving & sounds like you are fully sorted :T especially if you have a garage full of cardboard boxes :T

choille - wiggle away :rotfl: it is working for you :rotfl: Decluttering + earning pennies :T Size is not important as long items are going out :T

GreenQueen, sorry about your dad - hope the funeral goes as well as these things can. An eclectic mix - spice jars & coat rack :rotfl: Surprising how much stuff we put in coat pockets :D

aimeemum, :rotfl: - Thank you :T Not finding the paperwork you wanted means you will carry on decluttering paperwork :rotfl: I do like the idea of a ‘clutter box’ for those items that do not yet have a place or need a decision :D The only trouble is my clutter Box would have to be the size of a room :rotfl:

Well Done Happy Kitties :T shame about the exploding, overweight parcel :( will you be splitting the contents into two parcels & decluttering even more packaging :rotfl:

chupachups4, that is a lot of items decluttered & lots of pennies in the pot - Well Done :T & even more pennies in the pot :T plus you are almost through the 200 barrier :T

Fire Fox, procrastinate away :rotfl: you seem to do lots of work when you procrastinate :rotfl:
    ‘The Great War on Possessions of 2006’ - nosey c*w that I am, please tell us more :D Sounds like you are a decluttering professional :D:T

Deni-debt free dreamer, a very productive weekend - reclaiming 2 spaces/rooms for their intended use :rotfl::T. You must be soooo happy :D

White_musk, can you get a larger bin :rotfl: You are doing really well :T.

never too old, Shame you aren’t weighing :rotfl: Table & chairs must weigh loads :rotfl: Really pleased that you are not missing stuff that you have decluttered :T I do love floor space :D it makes it sooo much easier to vacuum :rotfl:

Beshki, It is all very well decluttering into piles/boxes/bags but the relief of getting the stuff out of the house :D. Well Done :T:T

Nannywindows, don’t you just love it when a plan comes together :rotfl: three bags of stuff crammed into two bags - I like it a lot :T

Barny1979, Well Done :T Are you painting or re wallpapering?

251 DSis has decluttered a box to send a parcel to her son in France.

Well done everyone - a lot of decluttering over the weekend :T

MrsSD
    251/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    aliz95 I'm sorry about your Mum

We sorted out the recycling bin earlier, not trusting that the sellers had left it as exclusively recycling (and it wasn't). Sorting it out also made room for our recycling though! Collection tomorrow, I'd like to give it a good scrub but that might have to wait.

Behind the bin we found the interior panel of a car door - any idea how the heck to get rid of it? Council website (Bolsover) says tip is restricted to tyres.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Quick post

220 a shampoo sample used up and binned.

Only small but something out of the house.
    Finding space for DS1 stuff. He is being good and putting the easy stuff away so far!;
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    DD265 wrote: »
    Behind the bin we found the interior panel of a car door - any idea how the heck to get rid of it? Council website (Bolsover) says tip is restricted to tyres.

One of the recycling centers will take it
    http://www.bolsover.gov.uk/index.php/resident/waste-/-recycling
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Morning all,

Returning to declutter after a week of holiday and another week dealing with everything that went wrong in my absence!

Aliz95 sorry to hear of your loss; sending you strength for the days to come.
    Beshki wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you are supposed to dispose of sharp kitchen knives? I’ve had four sat on the side to declutter to somewhere, but not sure where?

I wrap mine up together, blades in cardboard sleeves and sticky tape, and they take them at the charity shop. I think they said they pass them on for house starter packs.

Now to decide which part of this untidy cluttered house to start with this morning! Have decluttered a grapefruit and porridge so should be good to go all morning!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure