Where to find out annual dividends in Fidelity?

I invested some ISA money via an IFA a few years ago and receive 6-monthy valuations from him, but I've always struggled to find out exactly how much I receive in dividends per year. I have registered at Fidelity so now have online access but I'm finding it all a bit confusing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    There may not be any dividends.

If they are accumulation funds the dividends are automatically reinvested so the fund value goes up instead.

If the are income funds then the funds are paid out and could produce a cash balance in the account or it may be set to automatically invest the dividends in the funds which generated them - this would increase the number of units held.

If you look at the funds held thay should say whether they are accumulation of income.

You could always ask your adviser, that is what they are for!
  • They are accumulation funds. I'd like to find out how much is being reinvested each year, but can't see a summary of this info anywhere. I'm weighing up whether to stick with the IFA with the fees I'm paying him or transfer elsewhere, so I'm trying to avoid asking him if possible. He's also gone semi-retired and now takes ages to answer messages, yet another reason to consider transferring.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Fidelity does not have good software. I tried to get the information on "internal" dividends on acc units last year for someone to do a CGT calculation and they didn't hold the data to do that.
    They are accumulation funds. I'd like to find out how much is being reinvested each year, but can't see a summary of this info anywhere.

Look at the income unit version as that will tell you the distributions and dates.
    I invested some ISA money via an IFA a few years ago and receive 6-monthy valuations from him

From the adviser or from Fidelity?
    Valuations are normally handled via the provider. Although IFAs usually have a portal that you log into which gives the live valuations on most/all of your plans. Including some fund data.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • macgyver
    macgyver Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I usually find the dividends on trustnet for my accumulation funds as I am with I Web and don't always get information about dividends. Search for the fund on trustnet and once that fund page is open, you can see the dividends in there.
    I wanted to thankyou a million times but its a shame that I can press the button just once :T
  • if you have any income or divs click the my account tab on your Fidelity account page and One of the options in the drop down box is transactions,where you can see payments as well as sales/buys or fee's etc using the date field as reqd
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Look at the income unit version as that will tell you the distributions and dates.
    To do that would you need to look at the dividend yield rather than just the cash dividend per unit?
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Tom99 wrote: »
    To do that would you need to look at the dividend yield rather than just the cash dividend per unit?

Yes, the cash distributed per unit in the INC fund is not the amount of income per unit you would get in the ACC fund, because the NAV of a unit of ACC might be £3 while the NAV of an Inc unit might only be £1, earning a third as much income in pence *per unit* in the INC Vs ACC...

... but that 2p of income per INC unit and the 6p per ACC unit represents (say) 2% of the fund asset value in both funds as they have allocated their investments consistently.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    They are accumulation funds. I'd like to find out how much is being reinvested each year, but can't see a summary of this info anywhere. I'm weighing up whether to stick with the IFA with the fees I'm paying him or transfer elsewhere, so I'm trying to avoid asking him if possible. He's also gone semi-retired and now takes ages to answer messages, yet another reason to consider transferring.

The amount that's being "reinvested" happens within the funds and not your ISA, it never reaches your ISA so you wont ever see it seperately in there. And its somewhat academic unless you think that the funds are poorly performing compared to alternatives in which case you can compare them with other comparable funds. Are you concerned with the performance of the funds? What are they?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Tom99 wrote: »

You need to use inc unit pricing but it would give you the right answer. (value divided by inc unit price multiply by distribution rate).

Or the OP could just switch to income units if they feel the dividend information is important to them and does not want to do a manual calculation.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • londoninvestor
    londoninvestor Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2019 at 12:54AM
    I invested some ISA money via an IFA a few years ago and receive 6-monthy valuations from him, but I've always struggled to find out exactly how much I receive in dividends per year. I have registered at Fidelity so now have online access but I'm finding it all a bit confusing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Actually, doesn't Fidelity's own site have this information?

e.g. for this fund:
    https://www.fidelity.co.uk/factsheets/Fidelity-Index-UK-Fund-P-Acc/GB00BJS8SF95-GBP/?id=GB00BJS8SF95GBP&idType=isin&marketCode=&idCurrencyId=

click on the "Dividends" dropdown and you'll see the annual dividends in pence per unit. Multiply that by the number of units you held on the XD date and you can calculate your total dividend.

On another note though - and OP, this part isn't directly relevant to you because you're using an ISA...

What I don't see here is the split between taxable dividends and equalisation payments, for Group 2 units.

When I asked HL this information for one of my funds, they could tell me straight away. But I've never seen it published anywhere - does anyone know a source for that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure