PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• Hello,

I decluttered 30cm of my hair this Morning

140-149: 9 books and 1 map, sold, 48 euros in the travel pot
    150-151: 2 jeans, cs
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Beshki
    Beshki Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Two old hip flasks gone this morning, along with 5 magazines and a book to someone who can make better use from them. It’s so nice to rehome things where they are wanted. Have a couple of boxes that everything I needed to keep have been slung into, so I need to go through that either tonight or tomorrow and find homes/declutter those.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thought I'd attack the photographs which are kept in a bedroom cupboard. I thought there were just 2 boxes..... noooo 2 boxes, a carrier bag and lots of albums, all full to the rafters :eek:. Anyway I have sorted about half, those kept have been written on as to where and when it was taken and also the person/people in it. There were lots of my family from my great grand parents onward, most of whom DD would not recognise, so when we go she will have an idea as to who is who. It will be up to her as to their fate ( if she wants to throw them out that' s fine ) The ones ready to go, mostly holiday places, have been put aside as DH needs to check them first :mad:. I'm about half way through so I will carry on tomorrow and get him to make a decision !
    I have binned DH's slippers as they had large hole in them. I put them ready to go to the outside bin, next thing I notice they are back in front of the fire :eek:. No, no , no ........ they are now in the outside bin !!! Also gone - a mothers day card and my retirement card ( I retired in 2003 :eek: ) and 2 small shortbread tins consigned to the shed. I am dithering about a bible given to me as a child, the binding has stared to go and I don't think DD or the DGC would want it, nor a cs in it's condition, so I will make a decision tomorrow, but I think it must go :(
    Happy decluttering all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    DS1 is coming back home to live for a few months this weekend so trying to clear the drawers in his old bedroom.

156 an old CD
    157 old moisturiser
    158 an old picture
    159 an iPod case
    160 old taste card
    161 photo
    162-176 old trade magazines of DH
    177-179 paperwork shredded.

• 115 - 116 Setting spray (uu) and a blender thingy (DD didn't like it - bin)

Balls of yarn used up - 4

Annoyingly we are going to have to declutter this laptop soon as it has a bit of an injury.

Apologies in advance for any typos - laptop screen has a crack right across and it 'bleeds' at the edges. :(

118 Shoes (ragbags)
    119- 120 2 cardboard boxes
    121- 123 2 baby jackets and a pack of vacuum storage bags (cs)
    124 Shoes (bin)
    125-126 Pair of boots (ragbags)
    127 Bag of Xmas gift-wrapping bows (cs)
    128-129 2 posters
    130- 138 9 rolls Xmas wrapping paper.
    139 Holey washbag
    140 Dog brush
    141- 144 4 torches
    145 Broken garden ornament
    146 Broken comb (replaced from stash)
    147-153 7 items of make-up (not fit to pass on - bin)
    154 Storage basket (cs)
    155-156 2 hats (ragbags)
    157 Chipped mug
    158 Face powder (broken up - bin)
    159-166 Nail products (bin)
    167 -170 Glittery products (take to school for projects)
    171 Leggings (holey - bin)
    172- 179 8cm of ppw
    180 Plastic box (recycling)
    181 Mini perfume (bin)
    182 Cracked plate (bin)

No more yarn used = still 4

Some of you may remember from 2018 thread my village has a volunteer group tidying up and beautifying the area. My contribution is to collect rubbish as I walk the dog, and I started counting bags again right after judging last August. Current total is 30 carrier bags-worth of rubbish plus 2 bottles (several of us doing this up and down the coast, and a recent Beach Clean event found they hardly had anything to do :D )

Best wishes to everyone :)
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 February 2019 at 9:51PM
    somerandom wrote: »
    151. Pens - CS
    152. Scarf - CS

Contacted my Water Company as I had a massively high comparison bill - sounds likely that I have a leak - they are coming to take a look on Weds - I am NOT looking forward to finding out how much it is going to cost to get it fixed. Getting that news unsettled me a bit so I didn't make best use of the free time I had available today which was a shame. So just a teeny tiny bit of decluttering again today...

153: fabric - recycling
    154: ancient serviettes - recycling
    155: registered DS on the electoral register

ooooh - just remembered - I did have a quick tidy-up of my DS' room which resulted in a box of stuff pending his approval for decluttering - so I did more than I thought :A
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,760 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good evening,

I had a day off yesterday and went out instead. Only one thing to report today as well - a short day at home as I went running this morning then I had to pick the HT up early from school for an appointment

79 healthy lifestyle book - charity bag

No point selling it - it's on Ebay for less than it would cost me to post it

Mrs SD I never thought I'd be running either, this time last year I was just hoping and praying that the huge open wound in my leg would heal. The running was started to improve the circulation in my damaged leg - the wound went so deep that it was a bit like the buffers at the end of a railway line and everything has to find a new way round the place that was damaged.

Thanks for the park run info folks. I didn't know there was someone walking at the end. I think I'll do a few more weeks practice on my own first though (I know, wimp....). I was running 5k in September then I caught a cold which is never good in a fat asthmatic. I started again after Christmas but then I had a chest infection so I had nearly 4 months when I couldn't run. I'm so relieved to be back and running again - however slow I am.
  • 1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Sunday - Dry cold day. No decluttering apart from food. F*tb*t happy again :rotfl: DH cleaned his motorbike but way too cold to spend time polishing it :rotfl: Full roast beef dinner - beef had a lot of fat but was very tasty 😋

Monday - Damp day but not quite so cold. Upped my goals on my F*tb*t & managed them - just :rotfl: Finished the beef - sliced & warmed through in gravy, with chips & lots of vegetables :T Finished my magazine competitions - ready to post. Also made a saucepan of soup which I will zizz tomorrow & season to taste. Smells good, let’s hope it tastes good :D

235 - 236 Two magazines read & recycled
    237 Pair of my socks bidding for sainthood & beyond repair - binned

Now for cheerleading :rotfl:

Wow, Wanna Bee Free, just Wow :T Not only finding the relevant boxes, cables etc for your electrical but also ‘infecting’ your OH with the ‘Decluttering Bug’ :T:T:T

White_musk, glad you are on the mend & getting ready to enter the fray once more :D Hopefully when you start diving into the boxes you will find the kitchen items first & the iron last :rotfl: Hope the Welsh Dresser will lead to you cluttering some pennies :D

choille, it might be just you :rotfl: I usually check my receipts straight away :p :rotfl: However, Well Done on decluttering your handbag & cluttering pennies :T:T

chupachups4, :eek: that is a lot of decluttering :eek: Are you moving house (apologies if you have already answered this :o)? Do you do Euromillions - big jackpot on Tuesday :) I might even buy a ticket :rotfl: How much does that leave - another 30cm :D Well Done on cluttering more pennies into the travel pot :T

Wednesday2000, Well Done on decluttering a migraine before it took hold :T I have been fortunate to never have suffered a migraine :T but my DSis has been a martyr to them over the years :(. Hope the fire label is still there :) - a very generous donation which will not only declutter a large piece of furniture but will also declutter negative & sapping feelings :T

notmy1sttime, a properly thought out plan of action :T Wishing you a 100% success rate :D

GreenQueen, I think it is easier decluttering other people’s clutter as one is not so emotionally invested :D - see mantra no.4 above :D Well done on keeping your? clutter moving out :T Ooh, enhanced clutter :D

whmf00001, don’t you just love it when a plan comes together :D You have the ‘Decluttering Mojo’ :T:T Well Done on the wardrobe clearance & hopefully you will be able to declutter some of the cleaning products to the cleaner :rotfl:

aimeemum, absolutely counts as 10 :T:T - if you weren’t posting the boxes where would they be? - yes you’ve got it - cluttering up your home :rotfl: Well Done on cluttering pennies :T

Well done Beshki, nice when you know the recipient :D Good luck with the boxes :D

nannywindows, what a great idea with the photos & sorting out half already :T:T I like that your DH ‘needs’ to get through the holiday places photos :rotfl: Hopefully he will be brutal :D I laughed out loud at your ‘tale of the slippers’ :rotfl: Shame about the bible :(

villagelife, keeping the clutter moving out :T but DS1 coming home - I hope you have some ‘Decluttering Rules’ for your DS1 :rotfl:

Uncluttered_unicorn, wow 😲 that is a lot of decluttering :T How marvellous that the Beach Clean people had so little to do :T well done to you & the rest of your volunteer group - :A one & all :D

somerandom, what a nightmare :eek: I hope it is not as expensive as you fear - does your house insurance have any provision for this sort of thing? May be worth investigating. Well done on keeping up with the decluttering :T even in the face of such bad news :(

CRANKY40, every item out is a win :D More importantly you are decluttering months of inactivity :T You have been through the wars :( but you are now coming out the other side & taking charge again :D I admire your fortitude :T:D

See you all later!

MrsSD
    237/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Hello all,

MrsSD, I kept 25cm on my head. Less time Under the shower, less water and less shampoo used. I'm trying the no poo challenge as well.

And yes, sort of move. We plan a one year travel in South America in 2020. 7 of us from the big house to a 10m² motorhome. So, decluttering and pennies are needed.
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Morning all..
    Well today I am off to see my Ma.. you may remember, things have been a little fraught.:o
    I’ve not actually seen her for a week!!! :eek:The bad weather meant I couldn’t get to her so my sister had to assist instead!
    It’s been a much needed break, time to think etc and I think I will definitely be doing a little less (where I can) and my sis & her DH can do a little more.. (Ma went there for tea and then shopping last night:T) I didnt realise just how low and run down I was until this week.

Anyhoo.. I have a large bag in the car to finally go to charity today:j
    Things for Ma in a large bag
    Bags of linen/old duvet ready to go to animal charity (when I can get there..)
    Thank you all for the kind words and support when it was much needed.. Here’s to more decluttering in the coming days :)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business