SmartMeter+two element water cylinder

Options
pcf21
pcf21 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 22 April 2019 at 2:22PM in Energy
I have got two element water cylinder, which has got connection to off peak supply power switch and to a booster power switch. Everything was working fine until tradition economy 7 meter was in place. My energy company had offered a free installation of smart meter, and I decided to go for it, and meter installation was done by engineer. All good so far, but as per our daily routine, we left the off-peak power switch , and next day no hot water. This is the issue since the installation of smart meter, and the same problem is with Room Heaters, off-peak supply switches are no longer working.
I have been trying my energy company to look into but did get any encouraging response so far.
I have a quick quick question, could this be due to the the smart meter installation? if yes, should it not be a responsibility of the energy supplier to fix the problem?

PS: I still have dual supply rate under a traffic card Move In Saver v9

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the meter has been incorrectly connected then yes it is the responsibility of the supplier to correct it. Post a photo of the wiring onto a hosting site and post a link. Who is the supplier ?
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yes very likely due to the meter change!
  • pcf21
    pcf21 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks Molerat and AndyPK for the response.

SparkEnergy is the supplier.

Unfortunately, getting following message when trying to post the link for images
    "Sorry as a new user you are not allowed to post with links. This is done to stop spammers clogging up the site. Please edit your message below to continue."
  • pcf21
    Options
    refer the image:
    i68.tinypic.com/2w3tkw3.jpg
  • thorganby
    thorganby Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    2w3tkw3.jpg

When the smart meter was fitted, did the installer switch OFF both of your consumer units?

If both of your consumer units are definitely ON now, then it looks like your supplier has failed to correctly program the smart meter to control your E7 circuits.

The new smart meter should activate your heating and hot water circuits exactly as before, so your supplier needs to rectify the problem that they have caused and they should compensate you for your inconvenience.
  • Biscuit_Tin
    Biscuit_Tin Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 27 April 2019 at 2:19PM
    Options
    pcf21 wrote: »
    ...SparkEnergy is the supplier. ...

Spark Energy is a trading style of Ovo Energy

https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/smart-meter-troubleshooting#my-smart-meter-has-been-installed-why-is-it-now-off-supply

As it suggests, first check all the isolation/trip switches are on (or no fuses have been pulled/failed if an older installation)

There's a number to call otherwise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport