Tesco Foundation Credit Card

Options
I'm using the Tesco Foundation Credit Card to 'intentionally' build my credit. I have a limit currently for £250 and use it to the max each month and pay it off in full monthly upon receiving my salary.

What is the best way to use this kind of card to boost credit? - HELP

Comments

• jimbo26
    jimbo26 Posts: 954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing, and you will build a positive history of managing credit
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dancook96 wrote: »
    and pay it off in full monthly upon receiving my salary.
    Regardless of when your salary is received, pay off the amount that has already appeared on your statement, not before, so that your credit activity is reported and added to your creditl history.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Also although £250 is a pants limit, try not to max it out. Anything over 70% utilisation and it's viewed pretty negatively. It's hard with starter cards (I'm in the same situation!) but I'd try and keep the balance on the card at a maximum of £150-175 until the limit is pushed up.

Also as eDicky says, pay when they tell you to pay as that proves you are using it properly.

Preferably setup a direct debit for the full amount - but keep paying manually until they tell you on one of your upcoming statements that the direct debit of £xxxx will be taken on xxxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure