Octobers' Bring Your Lunch to Work

Comments

• s1n25
    s1n25 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Day 5 for me today. Last of the mozzarella bake
    Debt Free Diary..."Start of a new chapter"
    Nov: Unsecured Debt : £2,900.. Bring your lunch to work 1/18..NSD challenge 5/20

• Luno
    Luno Posts: 12 Forumite
    Friday fail - brought my lunch. Forgot to take it to a meeting at another location. Had to buy a sandwich. However this week managed 4/5 days so not all bad.
  • Friday was day 3 for me - left -over pasta, lovely :)
  • Luno
    Left over stir-fry so day 1/4 complete this week. Buying my lunch costs at least £4 a day so £20 saved from this challenge so far.
  • I'm returning to work after a vacation next week and am challenging myself to bring lunches in each day for the 13 remaining work days in October. Really been struggling with this recently, but 13 days seems manageable. Wish me luck!
  • Salad made for today so that's every day this week but Wednesday - so 7/20 so far :)
  • Luno
    4/4 this week and Thursday's lunch doesn't count as at a conference.
  • Forgot to make lunch last night and got up late this morning so will be buying a meal deal today!
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Thrice
    Thrice Posts: 159 Forumite
    Morning all!

Sorry I've been absent all month, I was on holiday for the first week and back to work on Tuesday 9th. Managed to damage a nerve in my back on holiday, so got sent home from work on the Tuesday. Made it back in on Friday last week, and that was my first day of making lunch!

So including today I've got 3/14 days just due to sickness. Mr Thrice was at work every day last week, I've no idea what he ate as I was literally out of it on painkillers for days :o

This week is a fresh start, we have got stuff for all lunches this week. Will need to nip to Costco this weekend to top up my part baked breads for next week's stuff.

Hope everyone else is doing well, I'll catch up on comments soon x
  • K.Mack wrote: »
    Hi,
    I stumbled across this thread and it looks brill. Can I join please? My hours at work have changed so I have set meal times now, none of these different shift each day malarkey! Hubby and I aren't really sandwich eaters. He can only have meals that can be eaten cold due to the fact he is outreach. Any ideas would be welcome. Pasta becomes a bore after a while!

Hi K.Mack,

Welcome to the thread, please can you let me know how many days you would like to do and how many you have done so far?

Thanks

Pmo2
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills