Penalty Charge Notice: NHS Prescriptions - wrongly given, what do I do???

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    pmduk wrote: »
    Could it be that the item was something like compression stockings that are charged for two items?

Either way, contact them tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll be sorted straight away. Please update us.

They were pills not stockings, i will contact tomorrow
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • I'd put it all in writing, including evidence showing the payment for the prescription and anything else you can think of, and send it in to them. Hopefully they'll see you've done nothing dishonest and cancel the penalty charge notice. Good job you didn't pay in cash, eh!

I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
  • trinidadone
    OK, so i have typed my challenge, and included a copy of my credit card statement
  • circes
    circes Posts: 12 Forumite
    This has just happened to me! I have claimed and paid for the prescription, but as the pharmacy put the prescription into the NHS under the wrong month even though I can prove I paid I've been told it makes no difference unless the pharmacy admits their fault.

Anybody have any idea how long signed prescriptions should be held for by the pharmacist after collection? As that's the only evidence showing the month I collected unless they come good and are honest about their mistake, otherwise I'm branded a fraud and have to pay.
  • trinidadone
    circes wrote: »
    This has just happened to me! I have claimed and paid for the prescription, but as the pharmacy put the prescription into the NHS under the wrong month even though I can prove I paid I've been told it makes no difference unless the pharmacy admits their fault.

Anybody have any idea how long signed prescriptions should be held for by the pharmacist after collection? As that's the only evidence showing the month I collected unless they come good and are honest about their mistake, otherwise I'm branded a fraud and have to pay.

Hello circes, so sorry to hear you have received a PCN. What method of payment did you use to pay for your prescription?
  • circes
    I bought a prepayment card on the date I collected my prescription, I have the receipt to show this which I sent them as the person I spoke to on the phone directed me to, but they then contacted me and said it was dated following month and only way I can have the pcn revoked is for the pharmacy to admit fault. I'm waiting to hear from them.
  • circes wrote: »
    I bought a prepayment card on the date I collected my prescription, I have the receipt to show this which I sent them as the person I spoke to on the phone directed me to, but they then contacted me and said it was dated following month and only way I can have the pcn revoked is for the pharmacy to admit fault. I'm waiting to hear from them.

you bought a prepayment card? so i assume this entitles you to free prescriptions for either three months or 12 months? you would of ticked a box, signed and dated the prescription - right?
  • circes
    The prescription would be signed and dated on the date I paid but i'm not sure how long a pharmacy has to keep them, I've been looking on the internet but not found an answer yet. I'd like to know for sure before I ask them for it.
  • circes wrote: »
    The prescription would be signed and dated on the date I paid but i'm not sure how long a pharmacy has to keep them, I've been looking on the internet but not found an answer yet. I'd like to know for sure before I ask them for it.

This is somewhat puzzling, so you signed and dated the prescription during the same time you were entitled to free prescriptions - so something does not sound right???
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 November 2018 at 11:39AM
    circes wrote: »

AIUI, the prescription would have been sent to the Prescription Pricing Authority, which triggers checks on the integrity of claims for free prescriptions. Ask for a copy of your signed declaration on the back of the prescription. This should prove that you claimed within the validity of your Prescription Prepayment Certificate.

ETA: Having reread your post OP, what dates of validity do your PPC show?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure