IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help

Options
I parked in a pub car park noticed a pay and display machine. Paid my pound, left pub received my refund for parking. A couple of weeks later got a £100 fine. I appealed the fine by asking why I got the fine, then was told my appeal was rejected. So now sent info to popla. I do still have my half of the parking ticket, my daughter was parked in the same car park at the same time as me , we both got tickets. The company said terms and conditions of the parking say you must input your whole registration, only the first letter printed on our tickets. I didn't think this was going to be a problem so have only just looked for help. Have I messed up will I have to pay

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You did not get a fine it's an invoice.

You do realise this is a known scam!

What happened when you complained to the pub?

Have you read the newbies thread?
  • kgb1
    kgb1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    How and where do I find the newbies thread I've been looking, can't find where it is.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How and where do I find the newbies thread I've been looking, can't find where it is.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

It was just underneath where you clicked the newthread.gif button. It asks you to read it before starting a new thread as it contains a lot of information where most of your questions can be answered before you start.

Definitely complain to the pub manager/owner/pub chain CEO about this unregulated scam.

You should also read post 3 of the NEWBIES and construct a draft PoPLA appeal using all the relevant templates you will find there.

These will normally include: -
    Not the landowner
    No standing to issue charges in their own name
    Inadequate signage
    Frustration of contract (failure of machine accept the full VRN yet still issue a ticket.)
    Non PoFA compliant NTK (only valid if you didn't reveal the driver's identity.)

Has your daughter appealed yet? She should appeal as Keeper (never reveal the driver's identity) if she hasn't done so yet.

Please also complain to your MP, your daughter's MP, and the MP where the pub is located if different using the information from our MP's comments in parliament in post 1 of the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The company said terms and conditions of the parking say you must input your whole registration, only the first letter printed on our tickets.

WHICH COMPANY ? (full name and full acronym please)
  • kgb1
    kgb1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Found the newbies bit thanks, it looks like a lot to read, I will have a look tomorrow Sunday when I have time. The company is Britannia parking.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Send the blue text template appeal already written for you that you'll find in post #1 of the NEWBIES thread.

Send it unchanged - no additions or alterations necessary.

Send it as the keeper.

What happened when you complained to the pub?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Found the newbies bit thanks, it looks like a lot to read, I will have a look tomorrow Sunday when I have time. The company is Britannia parking.

You and your DD who also got a PCN, both need to send a RECTIFICATION NOTICE to Britannia's DP Officer:

They need to attach their V5C to prove who they are and ask for the DPOfficer to rectify the inaccurate data stored by their faulty PDT machine, which has led to the PCN.

Clearly the machine is issuing PDTickets with just one number on, rather than the whole number input by drivers, and this data needs rectifying to show the actual full VRN, not least because the driver certainly did not input one letter of the VRN, it is a systems error and it's inaccurate data processing.

All cases with any wrong VRN, at any stage, need a Recitification Notice, then an ICO complaint when the PPC refuse.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ken, have you used your real name as your forum username?

Then your really should ask MSE to change it to something totally anonymous.

To help with that, you might like to read this short extract from The MSE Forum Guide - Frequently Asked Questions & Rules:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Click the link in blue to see the odds of going to court http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Britannia_Parking_Group.html

Given the extremely low likelihood I wouldn't pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure