IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Need help with a parking ticket 26

I live in terraced houses and opposite our house is a museum. We have lived here for 1 year now and me and my partner have always parked our cars along side each other opposite our house along with the majority of our neighbours who also park there. There is no signs about parking, no specified lines or anything. Today I received a parking ticket 26 - ‘ parked in a special enforcement area more than 50cm from the edge of the carriageway and not within a designated parking place’ now as I said there is no ‘designated’ parking spaces on the entire road or any signs. I finished work at 6 am this morning came home parked in my usual spot. My boyfriend went to work at 10 leaving my car parked on its own which has been done many times before please see pics . The part I’m parked on doesn’t belong to the museum either and it’s not part of the road. I have appealed the ticket due to there being no signs or markings on the road I’m just wanting to know does there need to be any signs for this kind of ticket to be issued? If I have to pay the fine then I have to and il know for future but I’m just unsure about parking now ?

Sorry can somebody help how do I upload a photo so I can show ?

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Sounds like a council ticket. In which case you need to take this to the Pepipoo forum
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Today I received a parking ticket 26 - ‘ parked in a special enforcement area more than 50cm from the edge of the carriageway and not within a designated parking place’ now as I said there is no ‘designated’ parking spaces on the entire road or any signs.
    Was every part of your car more than 50cm from the nearest kerb?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure