Santander Refer a Friend

Comments

• Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    pphillips wrote: »
    Yes I read them twice now, you read them and tell me if you find anything. Santander really should say one referral per person in the terms, otherwise what are their lawyers thinking of?

I'm with you. I can't see anything in the terms that prohibits the same recommended person using different codes and URNs to qualify multiple times.

The intention is obviously for one code to be used per person but the terms don't appear to rule different codes, same person out:

https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/howitworks

Get your codes

Fill in our form and we’ll send your unique codes to share with your friends and family. You can get up to a maximum 5 unique codes. Use one code per person, each code can only be used once.
  • Ooh, this looks good. I've got a spare account I could use for this, and get the OH to refer me. :)

whats a ynab
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    I'm with you. I can't see anything in the terms that prohibits the same recommended person using different codes and URNs to qualify multiple times.

The intention is obviously for one code to be used per person but the terms don't appear to rule different codes, same person out:

https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/howitworks

Get your codes

Fill in our form and we’ll send your unique codes to share with your friends and family. You can get up to a maximum 5 unique codes. Use one code per person, each code can only be used once.

Also I might have several different people refer me to Santander and none of them will know whether or not I have already been referred by someone else.
  • I know if you recommended someone and they switched into a joint account, then the other account holder requested a switch into the same joint account that only 1 of the account holders can get the incentive, as that is in the T&C's.

I would imagine that if you wanted to get 5 incentives then you would have to switch into and open if required 5 different accounts.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Perhaps it's worth going back to the basics of T&C reading, and remember that there is as much value in what is not stated as there in what is stated.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I know if you recommended someone and they switched into a joint account, then the other account holder requested a switch into the same joint account that only 1 of the account holders can get the incentive, as that is in the T&C's.

I would imagine that if you wanted to get 5 incentives then you would have to switch into and open if required 5 different accounts.

As far as I can see it would just need to be 5 different switches (i.e. URNs). The account is irrelevant as long as it is one of the eligible ones.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    colsten wrote: »
    Perhaps it's worth going back to the basics of T&C reading, and remember that there is as much value in what is not stated as there in what is stated.

That’s not how terms and conditions work.
  • colsten
    That's how Terms and Conditions have worked since they were first invented, and that's hundreds if not thousands of years ago!
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

It is.
    If it doesn't say you can't, you can.
  • colsten
    I would recommend people save copy of the version of the T&Cs on the day they request their switch. I don't think Santander would change them mid-offer but better to be on the safe side in case they did.

Also, make sure your codes are at least a day old before your friend requests a switch, and don't request a switch today as there's a bit of an odd clause saying "to be valid a Code must have been generated prior to the date the Friend applied for the Current Account Switch".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure