How many bank accounts do we have?

Comments

• Just two current accounts:

1. Salary in, bills/savings out
    2. Car fund/float.

But then I also have several savings accounts /bonds for different aspects of property buying (deposit/sols fees/moving costs) and a small S&S ISA for long term savings (pension boost).
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 October 2018 at 6:42PM
    First Direct is my main account, my income comes into it and then I'll transfer to multiple savings accounts with them, and other current accounts.

I've got the Reward Current Account with Halifax as they have fairly decent Cashback offers, and even though it's dropping to £2 per month, the monthly reward is still better than what a few other banks offer. I will soon be moving my credit card Direct Debits back to this account. And Halifax is also my most local and easy to get to branch compared to other accounts.

I opened an account with Metro bank about 18 months ago for the free cash withdrawals in Europe. Although whenever I'm not abroad, I barely ever use it. I don't think I used it all that much this year when I was travelling as I mainly use my AMEX Gold & Halifax Clarity for transactions.

I opened a Club Lloyds account in August to gain interest on balances before my Credit Card direct debits come out. Although my general spending has decreased a lot over the last few months and I'm debating whether or not the account is worth it for me, so I'm considering closing it.

Finally, I'm in the process of buying a home at the moment and I've just opened a Santander 123 Lite account for Cashback on household bills when I move in
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    Just like the reg saver poll thread - there needs to be options for 20+, 30+ etc.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • karlie88 wrote: »
    Just like the reg saver poll thread - there needs to be options for 20+, 30+ etc.
    Here we go again...Now all the disbelievers will be posting, questioning how this can be possible...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    Here we go again...Now all the disbelievers will be posting, questioning how this can be possible...

Or a disbeliever. ;):rotfl:
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Please dont start threads that allow people to boast how many theve got, we dont care.
    I'm not so sure. There is a small amusment factor involved in seeing people boasting they once had as many as 7. :whistle:
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Please dont start threads that allow people to boast how many theve got, we dont care.

But I only have 49 current accounts to get the validation of strangers on the internet.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Herbalus wrote: »
    But I only have 49 current accounts to get the validation of strangers on the internet.

Or you say you have 49 to get the validation of strangers on the internet:p
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 October 2018 at 12:48PM
    Did this ever happen before the 2008 financial crash saw savings rates crash?

The banks have us jumping through insane hoops for a few pounds a month and we end up boasting about how much we have bought into their manipulative measures.

And the banking executives are laughing all the way to....... well not the bank and more likely some exotic offshore haven.

PS: I have a mere 7 current accounts, 8 savings accounts and 5 zero percent interest balance transfer credit cards.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    masonic wrote: »
    They've certainly put more and more hoops in place, but I'm not sure they are laughing about people who play the current account game. These are not customers who make them any profits and there is clearly a cost associated with giving away these benefits.
    Yes, but this would affect the banks' profits not the remuneration of the banking executives.

Also, I imagine that the aggregate "losses" are still peanuts when compared with the bankers' individual aggregate profits.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure