Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Options

Comments

• skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    Last resort is use covert audio so you just have to remember the very basics.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    skivenov wrote: »
    Last resort is use covert audio so you just have to remember the very basics.

Yup, I used to use the headset of my phone and whisper the relevant details.
  • scrams
    scrams Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    missymouse wrote: »
    My son usually gets something nice from POSH FOOD CLIENT in his treat cupboard, nearly grown up :)

Which company does these shops, please?
  • Angel_Red
    Angel_Red Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    Yup, I used to use the headset of my phone and whisper the relevant details.

Oh I never thought of using the phone. I think mine has audio memos on it. Will have a look later. What a good idea. Thanks everyone!
  • Big_Graeme
    Options
    Angel_Red wrote: »
    Oh I never thought of using the phone. I think mine has audio memos on it. Will have a look later. What a good idea. Thanks everyone!

If you have any kind of smartphone then you'll be able to make audio notes, I used to have one ear phone in my ear so the mic was close to me and wander around muttering, perfectly normal in today's world.
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    skivenov wrote: »
    It's worst when you're shopping a female member of staff, there's only so long you can spend checking and rechecking a name badge before you end up looking like you're obsessed with the member of staff's boobs.

At least you can get away with it if you're a fella, females are quite used to men having conversations with their chests. Gets a little more tricky if the MS is female, especially if it's an unusual first name or slightly obscured...
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • cupboardie
    cupboardie Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My advice is to think of a famous person with that name. Helps it stick for longer, but write it down asap
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    Watch the current GfK phone calls, there's a few 0871 and 0844 numbers creeping in.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 750 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's more difficult when the names are not English ime. I jot them down on phone as soon as I'm outside or in the loo or fitting room
  • Big_Graeme
    Options
    Aren't those GfK calls on the new system that calls you? No cost to us for these as far as I can see on the ones I can take.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback