PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I think your house is nice. Hopefully you will get viewings soon given spring is almost here.
    I agree with the comment about the heater - if there is central heating that shouldn't be needed. It would put me off, I'd ask them to redo (and while you're at it, lose the drier rack off the radiator in another room).

More pots in the yard? Repaint the walls?

Expensive compared to THIS?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • FelinePrincess
    FelinePrincess Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    this one is mine, be honest!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44725802.html?premiumA=true

Went on the market pre christmas, !!!!!! all viewings.
    I have recently reduced it in the last week, to its current.
    Loft conversion is done to building regs.

I agree with the previous comment about too much stuff under the beds, slightly spoiled what otherwise looks like a nice, tidy, clutter free house.

Is picture 4 the loft conversion? I was a little confused as it doesn't have the usual sloping walls/ceilings! Also, Is the floor plan accurate for that room? If it is, it looks like a big chunk of the room is missed out on the otherwise of the stairwell

I can't see any reason why you wouldn't get viewing as long as the price is fair
  • jakethepeguk
    jakethepeguk Posts: 91 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2014 at 10:04PM
    Cheers for the comments, I never even thought about the heater.
    Boiler is only 18 months old as well and a valiant at that !
    The other house on 100k, backs onto a not so great area, hence the price, (not that I am saying mine is fantastic, but it is better than there, with a dual carriageway seperation).
    2 beds without loft conversion sell for around 98 - 100k on my street/estate.
    Originally estate agents priced it at 120k, (which I always felt was way off the mark, would you pay an extra 20k for a ensuite and extra bedroom?).
    Garden walls, are gonna get a repaint, when I am off next week, plus a jet wash of the flags and yes, i will get the estate agent out to retake a few of the photos.
    Loft conversion with ensuite cost 25k, but I have had my use, so wouldnt expect to top the house price by that much.
    Fingers crossed for spring :p
    Is picture 4 the loft conversion? I was a little confused as it doesn't have the usual sloping walls/ceilings!

Yeah, we had a dormer, giving the full length of the house. Staircase is in the middle of the room, but again another bit of great advice, plans are misleading.
    There is the room on one side, then dressing area and storage on the other, with 2 velux windows, (1 in the ensuite, 1 in the bedroom).

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the feedback.
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44725802.html?premiumA=true

In addition to the other comments, I'd go for a straightforward asking price. The 'offers over...' type of prices often confuse people, especially FTBs, who think that they should offer a penny over the asking price.
  • this one is mine, be honest!

I wonder if your estate agent is doing enough, have you tried an open day?

Also a small thing, but I read the brochure, and the phrase 'Ideal for football fans in particular' to me is not helping. Football fans will know the roads/ area if this is a factor in their search (how likely?)...but for non-football fans they may think like I did, does that mean rowdy men walking past the house at weekends? drunks rolling out the pub post match? could put off people (dare I say mostly women)...
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

That is a lovely house, my friend lived in a similar property for a few years, and I loved it.

The only thing I would do is probably "pretty" up the back, painting the walls, power washing the flags, hanging basket?
    I suppose what I mean is make it look like the occupants will want to spend long summer evenings (OK if we have any!!) out there?

Good luck with the sale, that is a family house someone could move straight into and do nothing, which is great if there is not much savings/money to play around with.
    x
    :j
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Waffle_On wrote: »
    Have I missed this one being posted already?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2582744/London-flat-filled-rubbish-dirty-laundry-general-filth-goes-sale-hefty-285-000-shows-desperate-property-hunters-snap-housing-ladder.html

Particular highlights for me are the shampoo at the kitchen sink, and the curtain co-ordination throughout.

And 13'0" by 7'3" is not a 'garage', it's a shed.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    The comments on the DM article are hilarious. Particularly the Phillipines one to the smug northerner!
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 March 2014 at 11:59AM
    I wonder if your estate agent is doing enough, have you tried an open day?

Also a small thing, but I read the brochure, and the phrase 'Ideal for football fans in particular' to me is not helping. Football fans will know the roads/ area if this is a factor in their search (how likely?)...but for non-football fans they may think like I did, does that mean rowdy men walking past the house at weekends? drunks rolling out the pub post match? could put off people (dare I say mostly women)...

That was my first thought when I saw the address.

On the other hand, exactly how rowdy could it get even if all seven Oldham fans walked past at the same time?
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure