Faulty Item return - partial refund help

Hi, i purchased a skirt off boohoo, when it came it had loose thread on the hem and a dirty ,mark on it I couldn’t wipe off. So i went to the online return bit, clicked to return and sent it back.

I then received only a partial refund. This is because I didn’t send i picture to them (apparently in the terms and conditions) of the fault.

I really didn’t see this bit of the terms, so my question is, can they add a stipulation like this on a faulty item. They have the skirt, its faulty but wont refund my postage as i didn’t send a pic of it??

Does any one know my rights?

Thank you
STARTING BALANCE JAN 09 £47,400
Debt left 24th December 2010 - 13611!!!!!:j
Update may 2013 - debt left £8000
Update oct 2014 - £2500

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    No they can't ... if they accept that the goods are faulty then they must give a full refund of all monies paid. That means the purchase price, the original delivery cost (if any), and the cost to return the goods (if any). Restocking fees are illegal for consumer contracts.
  • cakey
    cakey Posts: 337 Forumite
    Do you know who i can speak to about its?legal bodies? Essentially because I didn’t take a pic, they charged m,e return and original sent postage and three wont back down
    STARTING BALANCE JAN 09 £47,400
    Debt left 24th December 2010 - 13611!!!!!:j
    Update may 2013 - debt left £8000
    Update oct 2014 - £2500
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    did you actually tell them it was faulty or just send back ?
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    deanos wrote: »
    did you actually tell them it was faulty or just send back ?

The issue with that is you don't specifically need to tell them you're rejecting the goods (when they dont conform to contract). All you need to do is indicate you're rejecting - which can be something you say or do.

Boohoo have featured on here a few times as a retailer who tries to remove statutory rights. I still remember when their staff signed up for an account here and were signing off every post with their name followed by kisses. How professional......not.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    agreed, but if you just stick it in a bag and use there returns label how do they know why you are returning the item if you don’t tell them, i have had battles with getting postage refunded from boohoo when i told them i was cancelling the contract
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure