IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice needed on uk parking control parkin charge

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ignore the debt collector threat letters but do file them away safely,may come in handy later. Do react if you get a LBA/LBC/LBCC or court papers.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Seymour54 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what happens after you ignore the debt collectors letters do you automatically get a court summons?

Debt collectors can't take you to court, but the PPC can for up to six year after the alleged event.

You don't get a summons because this isn't criminal law, but you might get a Letter Before Action for the Small Claims Court.

The Keeper should have appealed the PCN as the NEWBIES has been telling people to do since 2013. Since the appeal deadline has now passed, The Keeper is in ignore mode unless they get a LBA/MCOL.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!
    This is the link I found that clip from

Please post a link to the thread you are talking about so we can check it, as I cannot find anything currently that says UKPC cannot get keeper data.

Please change http to hxxp when you post it as you can only post dead links. Someone here will change it back to a live link so it can be viewed.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Today the keeper has received another letter from the debt collector threatening court action.
  • What is a LBA/MCOL
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 November 2018 at 10:19AM
    Letter before Action

Money Claims Online

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

I knew what they meant anyway but, without being rude, it, literally, took me 5 seconds to find the answer on Google.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 7 November 2018 at 10:26AM
    After 20 posts I am still in the dark. Why did you get a PCN. Were you a resident? If so were you a leaseholder, lodger, visitor or tenant?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 7 November 2018 at 10:48AM
    Today the keeper has received another letter from the debt collector threatening court action.

You should ignore debt collectors!! See advice already given you in #3 above

No need to post about debt collectors letters every time you get one!!
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    KeithP wrote: »
    Can you please tell us exactly which link you followed that led you to that post of mine?

Please try to remember that this board is run by volunteers.

I found the same information on this thread...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5839288
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This thread is becoming bogged down in trivia. Does it really matter where OP obtained false information, Facebook, Mumsnet, et al are full of it. Please to not distract OP any further.

OP, please reply to post 20.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure