Edf energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• wtabby
    wtabby Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Just had this reply from EDF
    Hello Wayne, I can see you changed supplier, in this instance we did not estimated your final read. In a change of supplier its the obligation of the new supplier to provide us with the closing read. This will be the same read they have used to start their account. I would recommend contacting them to see if they can arrange for an amended read. Thanks

If they don't supply the final reading who does? How would the new supplier (npower) have a clue?

Estimated reading 58900 actual 58308, so without actually reading the meter or asking me, if from what EDF say it wasn't a bad guess??
    Sorry EDF but I don't believe you!
  • wtabby
    Options
    I asked EDF the same question and got reply
    It maybe something you would need to speak to them about Wayne. Thanks

Sounds rather smug?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wtabby wrote: »
    Just had this reply from EDF
    Hello Wayne, I can see you changed supplier, in this instance we did not estimated your final read. In a change of supplier its the obligation of the new supplier to provide us with the closing read. This will be the same read they have used to start their account. I would recommend contacting them to see if they can arrange for an amended read. Thanks

If they don't supply the final reading who does? How would the new supplier (npower) have a clue?

Estimated reading 58900 actual 58308, so without actually reading the meter or asking me, if from what EDF say it wasn't a bad guess??
    Sorry EDF but I don't believe you!
    The new supplier should get the opening readings from the customer. If an opening reading is not provided then an estimated reading, from an industry database, is used instead.

The important point here is that your closing readings from the old supplier are the same as the opening readings used by the new supplier. If you haven't yet received a statement from your new supplier then email them to ask for their opening readings.

If you're not happy with the estimated readings used then you can ask them to modify them (providing the difference is big enough to warrant it).
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • wtabby
    Options
    58900 estimated to 58308 might not be a great difference but it is 10 times what I have actually used and ten times what I used same period last year.

Neither EDF (previous supplier) and npower (new supplier) and been very helpful during the last 7 weeks trying to sort this out.

Regretably I am now stuck with npower till 2021
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    I received this from them at 11:50pm last night (seriously!!);

[FONT=&quot] I have noted all your information in the account so that you do not face any issues in investigation. I went and also explained the details to you. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kindly contact us for further query. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I am confident all actions have been taken to resolve everything. It would be appreciated if you could confirm that are you are satisfied with the actions taken / explanation provided within the next three working days and that you are happy that the complaint can be closed. If you feel there is anything I have missed please let me know and I will be happy to help.[/FONT]

My response;
    I will be passing this matter on to the Ombudsman as I have received nothing but excuses for the disgraceful service that you have provided, and you have resolved absolutely no part of my complaint.

Their response to this was complete bo****cks, I was accused of not updating my email address or my phone number (I've had the same ones for 17/18 years). I'm taking it to the Ombudsman. They are a bunch of clowns!!
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i opt to join a 1 hour ago but didnt see all these bad feedback .... im now going to cancel the move.
    Recently left EDF after 2+ years purely on price. Over that time I had no problems whatsoever. The No 1 rule - submit readings monthly (at not less than 28 day intervals) and a bill will be produced. When I left an accurate bill was produced promptly using the new suppliers read and correct payment taken a couple of weeks later.
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Recently left EDF after 2+ years purely on price. Over that time I had no problems whatsoever. The No 1 rule - submit readings monthly (at not less than 28 day intervals) and a bill will be produced. When I left an accurate bill was produced promptly using the new suppliers read and correct payment taken a couple of weeks later.

That's easier said then done for a lot of people. I was really sick for a couple of years (I had tests for cancer and all sorts). Reading the meter was the last thing on my mind, especially as the meters were in an unlocked cupboard outside. They do lose meter readings too (they lost mine).
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But a lot of people don't bother to read meters.
    My elderly infirm neighbour gets a friend to read her meter monthly .
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wtabby wrote: »
    Estimated my final reading, taking no notice of my usage for same period last year. According to their final bill "this period last year 67 kWh" "this bill 689 kWh" so they overestimated the final reading tenfold, took £126 by direct debit before I had time to close it and are now asking for another £42.

1st July their final estimated reading was 58900, actual reading was 58308.
    Its now the 24th August and meter only reads 58624.

I have spent hours on this, emails, phone calls, online messaging and got nowhere after almost 2 months trying.
    I am now considering taking them to the small claims court to get my money back.

Let's look on the bright side :)

Your experience with EDF appears to have made you return to MSE 7(seven) years after you left, which itself was only a few months after you originally joined.

Your posts are considered extremely valuable and this MSE forum really needs posters like yourself to keep this place alive.

Welcome back, and now you have broken the 7 year absence, perhaps we can all enjopy a lot more posts by you in the near future
  • bri160356
    bri160356 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Exit feedback:

My son recently moved away from EDF to Avro energy;...the switch-over to Avro took 35 days and was completed on 10th August.

35 days seems to be at the top end of the switching process but I’m not sure if that was down to EDF or Avro.

However, EDF have today refunded his ‘credit’ (£145) and it only took 21 days to come through,...so full marks to EDF for their refund process. :)

He was with EDF for just over a year and his move to Avro was motivated solely by the lure of a much cheaper tariff.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback