Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

Comments

• rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    If you would use them they definitely save money. Mind you it does take discipline to take lunch and snacks and avoid the gift shops!
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Pressed send too soon!
    The carers pass and I queue passes are done by clinicians diagnosis letter not DLA so those are the documents they need to see. DLA is not taken into account x

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,938
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Interesting, could of sworn she took her DLA award letter with her. We have an autism diagnosis letter so it might work. Annoying though if you have no diagnosis. I have a friend who has an undiagnosed child (he has some quite severe symptoms and they recently found a gene abnormalities I think, but it is super rare and has taken until he is, 7?) Seems unfair that he wouldn't qualify. Like I said I will look into it and ask my friend.

Quiet night lined up, busy day tomorrow, three jobs, then home to clean my house. I also have a huge basket of ironing for a client,I tend to do it the night before as I can only really hang it in the conservatory, which is minging atm. And super cold so the clothes would get damp. But it is due back Monday and no idea what time we will be back from our weekend away so may attempt some tomorrow night. If I can get some done I can hang it on the landing. I hate ironing, but atm it brings in an extra £30 a month which I have set aside for the boys free running classes. So worth it.

Payday should be Sunday/Monday and my mil arrives Monday afternoon, my husband is an only child so she adores the fact that she has four grandchildren, and is incredibly generous with her money while she is here. She will also gladly be my childcare too. She had my husband while she was a teen (just!) So she is a good 10years younger than my folks and also in much better health than my mum, and she is just so so lovely. I am so lucky with her, when I hear the horror stories some people have with in laws I do feel a little bit smug. She was a single mum for much of my husband's life and money was very very tight, so now she has a little bit more she is very nice with sharing it about. I normally have a little lost of things the kids need before she arrives. So hopefully she will supply some new underwear and socks for the boys and buy the stuff for pancakes. Also thinking of a trip to the cinema, I will get the vouchers through hubby's work scheme of course, but taking all four kids is still expensive.

Inset day tomorrow for all the boys, have told the girl she needs to get herself up and sorted as hubby is working from home and I am having a lie in :rotfl: need to be at first job for 9, so will get up at 8.15 rather than 6.30. Bliss!

Anyway must stop waffling on, I am trying to read a book :rotfl:
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,938
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Didn't really get a lie in as heard the patter of little feet going downstairs at 7am! Anyway it meant o got a coffee in before work. Hubby got up and was logged in for 8am and I left at 8.45. had my normal job, then was filling in for the boss, wasn't an ideal job, there were 5dogs, all lovely and friendly, but one didn't stop barking at me for the whole hour and a half I was there :eek: not threatening, just a 'i don't know who you are' type thing. Was quite draining, but prompted me to get through it as quickly as possible. Then my last job as normal came home and cleaned my house. Have started to do it weekly on a Friday, getting the big two to help, lots of muttering and moaning, but tough :rotfl: I also cracked on with the ironing, finished around half so less to do when we get back on Sunday. Also the little two had headline AGAIN, so deloused them in the bath, glad I had the stuff in, it's been a never ending cycle for the past three months :eek:

Anyway off for our weekend of fun tomorrow, have wrapped the wierd one presents for Sunday and am quite excited now :T
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Have a lovely weekend away.
  • Enjoy your weekend away, how the little one has a good birthday x

• Well we are all booked into our premier Inn. Been to the great western railway museum, enjoyed by all, wandered around an outlet place, totally not our thing AT ALL :rotfl: no where to eat (again with a larger family, we need a bigger table) ended up driving mcd's and them went to toys r us as the birthday boy had some birthday money to spend. Meal booked for 5.30, then may chill with a drink for a bit, but weather is vile and no plans or go out again.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • So back to it. Weekend was fun, but the weather wasn't great, don't think we will go away in Feb again :rotfl:

Yesterday was payday, but my boss rang me as she was waiting on 4 of my clients still to pay:mad: so atm I am £229 down, I have filled the loan category and put my £100 into entertainment, but the mortgage needs another £200 in it. Luckily it isn't due until nearer the end of the month, and I am buffered for the rest of the direct debits so have money to pull from, but am somewhat annoyed about it. Also the extra £29 was to go off the loan to balance their retest charge which will go on when the payment goes out on the 15th. I know I will get the money, but am thinking my boss should be buffered really :p
    My mil is down so have childcare for tomorrow. She has bought the rubbish weather, have been toying with the idea of going to IKEA, but don't actually have the money for the unit we need in the conservatory until the 26th and we also need to sort the room out before we get it, won't be until the beginning of march when we have a clear weekend.

Right I am actually at a job atm, the only one today, need to crack on and finish up, then off to lidl then home for a well deserved coffee. :beer:
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • So I wrote a nice long post last night and it disappeared, first time it's ever happened, I got in a strop and put my phone away :rotfl:

So boss paid me the extra £229 on Monday night, so her little emails and texts to clients seemed to work :T so mortgage all ready to go later in the month, and £31.31 sent to the loan. The first loan payment went out today so now my loan balance is £11,000.75 but there is an interest charge due. Depending on how big the charge is I MAY attempt to get it below 11k. But I have a meal out tomorrow night and want to do something with the kids on Saturday and have a spa day booked with my sister on Sunday. And £73 spends until 11th march :( next lot of money is around 25th when hubby gets paid, money for April's direct debits, and march's 'pots' and want to keep some back for the IKEA unit so we can start sorting the conservatory, then probably around £350 off the loan.

Long day at work tomorrow, but then a nice weekend before the battle of school happens again :(
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Bonus lie in this morning as hubby's trains were all cancelled, so he is working from home. But it meant I overslept as I didn't set another alarm, which has put me behind for the day! Also had to factor in getting petrol,as was driving on fumes, I normally get it after dropping him at the station at 6.45am.

Anyway hopefully caught up now. So interest was applied to the loan £44. Last night I cleared the rest of the money I had left over from the weekend away by buying my daughter's birthday presents (it's mid march) £55. I also bought some new curtains for her room £25, so I 'borrowed' some from our french trip category and added it to what was left and paid enough off the loan to bring it under 11k. New balance is

£10,999.93 :rotfl: but it's amazing how much of a boost getting below 11k has given me :j there may be a bit less coming off than I want on the 26th, depends on what I decide to do about hubby's birthday and the conservatory. Going to get paint for it tomorrow and get the wall done if I can. That's stage one, but not sure I can do it with the amount t of stuff in it. I need a big plastic shed thing so I can get all the gardening stuff out. Although if I actually took all the stuff in the porch to the charity shop I could put the stuff in there......

Anyway back to it.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport