Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Back from my trip away. I've caught up on the posts. I won't comment individually on them but just say that this is a lovely thread full of lovely people. Soooo supportive.:):A

I've done my meal plan for the week so off to Aldi shortly. Will post later.:)
  • Ah Stoke ....I'm so sorry you had a carp day yesterday - don't beat yourself up about the cake; I'm sure we all have our kryptonite - even now put a stick of French bread & a tub of butter in front of me & I'd have to steal myself not to eat the whole thing - & I'm not sure I would succeed especially if I'd had the day you had.

WI saw a STS which in some respects I was happy with given that I spent all week working off the bl00dy Chinese last week but disappointing given I went out last night & was on soft drinks all night.

Going shopping later & have done a meal plan for the whole week ...which is a positive for me.

Weather is really carp here so think otherwise it will be a sofa day watching carp films lol
  • Quick question, then I will read back. 2 Hi-Fi's = Hex, 2 Alpen Light =Hex, what if you have 1 of each, are they then synned?
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Stoke, I think the day you had has finally opened up the feelings you seemed to have bottled up re the ex. Seems you may not have dealt with them at the time. I know where you’re coming from though, I’ve had a hellish week. Hurt my back Monday as well as the stress around work. I’ve comfort ate too, luckily (or not) my food of choice has been porridge :p. Had bead products yesterday as on (another) trip so wasn’t happy with WI, gained 2.5lb :eek:. Guttered after last week :(
    Am wondering if it’s inflammation or meds or both.

Ate a bag of cashews :o:(:(:(
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • maman
    Going shopping later & have done a meal plan for the whole week ...which is a positive for me.

Same here gts. I'd really run the cupboards/fridge down before I went away so did a massive shop for loads of Speed.:D
    Quick question, then I will read back. 2 Hi-Fi's = Hex, 2 Alpen Light =Hex, what if you have 1 of each, are they then synned?

I remember being told that but I just ignore it and I've not seen it in writing. When I started and used to measure milk I'd finish it off with a milky drink every evening. Now I either split the HEXs (so an Alpen light and a slice of toast) or just have one if that's all I want. Other than perhaps being lowish on fibre for the day I really can't see it making a difference. HEXs are just that, extras, so you don't have to have them although it's healthier if you do.

I didn't do too badly with food while I was away. Almost all meal choices were SW friendly with just a little oil or mayo here and there. I did have some fish goujons and chips but that was all. Wine syns were a different matter though. :o

I'm loosely back on plan from today although it won't be 100% until Wednesday. I'm still going to have my weekend wine and I'm eating out again at the beginning of the week. My clothes tell me I'm not straying too far from my target range but I would like to take a good run at it soon.:)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    SW are actually OK about splitting HEA/HEB as long as they are exactly divisably, ie 1 Weetabix and 1 slice of WM bread; 125ml SS milk, 15g cheese (or 20g light cheese); so no need to syn.

Denise
  • maman
    joedenise wrote: »
    SW are actually OK about splitting HEA/HEB as long as they are exactly divisably, ie 1 Weetabix and 1 slice of WM bread; 125ml SS milk, 15g cheese (or 20g light cheese); so no need to syn.

Denise

Hi denise. Had you heard about needing to eat up all the HEX (split or otherwise) or it had to be synned? I think that's what gts was asking. I have heard of it years ago but maybe it's a myth.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    Hi denise. Had you heard about needing to eat up all the HEX (split or otherwise) or it had to be synned? I think that's what gts was asking. I have heard of it years ago but maybe it's a myth.

Had heard that but think things have changed over the last couple of years! HEAs and HEBs are just that "extras" - ie ought to have for the calcium and fibre but not set in stone. However I still think you ought to have both rather than not having them.

Denise
  • maman
    Realised I didn't post my menu. I got a bag of YS stir fry veg when I was getting my BoB milk from the little Co-op so plenty of Speed.

EE menu :
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese and pickled cabbage
    D: chicken 'kiev', SW chips, stir fry veg
    Syns :6 for extra porage, wine syns.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Stoke, sorry you have been feeling that way, the cake has been and gone and today was a new day;) Just dont beat yourself up.
    To all those that have had a bad week one way or another have a :kisses3::D
    We have been moving stuff all day:eek:
    Back at it tomoz:eek:
    If you have just 1 hifi bar for your hexb its classed as speed, dont know why :obut it is:p
    Slimming World Hi-fi Bar Rocky Road (1 ) he s 3
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure