500 Free Tesco Points Worth £20 In Deals Vouchers

Options

Comments

• toms2cv
    toms2cv Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    THAT WORKS FINE I DIDN'T NEED THE LEAFLET BUT SAID I HAD PICKED ONE UP. THE CAR I USED WAS ONE CURRENTLY UNDER SORN ON LAID UP INSURANCE SO NO PROBS THERE. DIDN'T NEED TO GIVE CLUBCARD NUMBER THAY SAID IT WAS ALL OFF THE DATA BASE SO ASKED FOR WRITTEN QUOTE JUST TO ENSHURE THAT I CAN COMPLAIN IF THE POINTS DON'T SHOW UP THANKS TO ORIGIONAL POSTER :beer:
  • FL
    FL Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Word of warning - I queued for 15 mins just now and the number is dedicated for this offer. I am buying a new car in August so said I wanted a quote for that. I never mentioned the points - he said they could not quote until I have the car but he would give me the points anyway. He said that alot of people have been ringing up with fictitious details to get the points and they were being strict about giving them out.
  • toms2cv
    toms2cv Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    minibloke wrote: »
    just called for a quote and although they recognised i had a policy a few years back, they didnt ask for my clubcard number. should this go through just from confirming your details?

minibloke
    SUGESTED TO ME THAT THEY ONLY NEEDED YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS AS THAY HAVE ALL THE DETAILS ON THEIR DATA BASE
  • windym_2
    windym_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Queued for 17 mins to be told quote only valid for 30 days. Explained that I didn't realise and called because of the points offer. Put me on hold, came back took my name and postcode and then confirmed clubcard number (she had it). Said points would be added onto November statement.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thinking I may have a wrong number 24 mins queing and still no answer!!!

They must have seen me post this as I was then answered. The quote was very competative and they did mention that I would get the 500 points.

Shame my renewal is not until March 08.

But I could get a much better deal with a cashback site as I have done for the last 2 years.

Thanks for the tip Martin!!!
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• voucher_fairy
    Options
    Just phoned using 0113 number helpful lady put me through. Nice bloke said as insurance not due till Jan he;d give me points anyway. Took C/C number and said they'd be in November statement.

Thanks For This Great Post
  • vinylmusic
    vinylmusic Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »

Is it worth getting Tesco car insurance?

Maybe yes, maybe no. There's never one single cheapest provider if you are getting car insurance. So the simple answer is don't get the Tesco insurance without first following through the Cheapest Car Insurance article to find the cheapest quote that way.

Many insurance companies charge a fee for any amendments.
    Before going with any company ask what the fee is.
    I used to be with the AA. I cant remember what the fee was exactly but I do remember it was extortionate.
    Last year I got a much better quote from Saga and their amendment fee is far more reasonable.
    If you are likely to change cars during the insured perid
    make alterations to the car,
    change address
    It would be wise to calculate the amendment fees into the quote.

I think insurance companies should make their amendment fees more visible
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • barneybargain
    Options
    Just called on the 0113 number, they said couldnt quote more than 30 days in advance, and didnt offer me to points no nothing. Gutted!!!
  • louised
    louised Posts: 787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just got straight through on the 0113 number straight away and obtained quote, but insurance is due for renewal on the 17th. Very pricey !!!
  • harrinp1
    harrinp1 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    I just got off the phone with them. The first person I spoke to refused to give me a quote as I didn't meet their criteria as they have a high volume of calls, but he did have 5 minutes to argue the point with me until I asked to speak to his supervisor. I wanted a quote for a new car I am due to receive in the next few days, but they didn't want to quote me unless I had the car.

Being a new car you can't tax it and receive it until you have car insurance, after explaining this to his supervisor I was authorised to get a quote! However after 20 minutes on the phone the original operator told me my car model of car didn't exist and he couldn't help me until I had the car and could read out the details of the model on the log book (which I am sure will be the same as what I told him).

So after 20 minutes I gave up with out my points, and I certainly wouldn't want to give them my business no matter how cheap their quote was. If I can find an email address to write to I will be sending a complaint!

Good luck everybody else, I hope you have better luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure