500 Free Tesco Points Worth £20 In Deals Vouchers

Options

Comments

• housewife99
    Options
    I just rang and spoke to charming gent. My husband has the clubcard and he let me put the points on his card. Said it was a bit too early to quote me for April 08 but had a friendly chat and gave me the points., total call including wait in queue was 7 mins...thanks again.:j:T
  • SarSar_2
    Options
    Just read the article about the clubcard points when you get a car insurance quote from Tesco, got out all my documents ready for the call, rang and was told I could have the points without a quote, no problem! Thanks for the tip.
  • mummy10
    mummy10 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Just rang about my home insurance renewal quote which had doubled since last year as it was a special 50% off online deal. I was going to cancel and look elsewhere but as they do he said he would try to get me the best discount that he could and it came back £40 cheaper than last year!!
    Asked him about clubcard points on home insurance but they dont do that but then he gave me the 500 points for the car insurance quote,Lovely man.
  • clairel_3
    clairel_3 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't have to queue at all, said I'd heard there was an offer of clubcard points with every quote, and thought I'd ring early despite not being due until Nov. She said that unfortunately they can't quote that far ahead because they're so busy with the promotion, but she'd put the points on my card now since that's not my fault! Thanks Tesco!

BTW - I tried the 0113 number first, and got a rather abrupt lady who just shouted 'Switchboard', so I just hung up - think they're maybe getting wise to that! Can't complain at paying a few pence for the 0845 call when you get £5/£20 free for 3 mins work!

Fab - thanks OP!
  • RGfromGlos
    Options
    I have just come back from TESCOs and I have spotted another leaflet - for LifeInsurance quotes one can receive 200 points!
    Regarding the CarInsurance quote I rang first thing this morning, got straight through was upfront with them and said that I was not really after the insurance but after the points on offer and they were fine with it ,just had to give my card details and they said it will appear on my next statement
  • missfendiuk
    missfendiuk Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    i called and they asked for my full first name and surname (as well as my postcode and clubcard nos)

problem is i have two cards with the same surname and 1 has the initial and the other has my full name (one is virtual and the other has a card)

So at this point i said i would call back and then dropped the phone.....can they check or query the fact that someone has multiple accounts?

on the PTS board many have there points WIPED:eek: . How are those with multiple accounts getting around this (i dont believe you are all:A )
  • FATKEV_3
    Options
    Just finished my call. As long as your renewal date is outside of the 30 days period that they're quoting for (say end of August), then they'll give you the points without you having to go through all the details!

That, my friends, is a right touch!

Thanks.
  • Littlepaz
    Littlepaz Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello!!!
    I phoned the 0845 number, gave my name, address, date of birth & renewal date I asked for a quote, they asked where I had heard of them - I said "some leaflet in my tescos's down the road"...the woman said "I can credit your card without a quote, just one minute - and then the phone just went silent (I hung up after 5 mins!)!!!! Guess I'll have to wait til Nov to see whether it's been credited....

Should have done what fatkev did! GGGrrrrr
  • Littlepaz
    Littlepaz Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello!!!
    I phoned the 0845 number, gave my name, address, date of birth & renewal date I asked for a quote, they asked where I had heard of them - I said "some leaflet in my tescos's down the road"...the woman said "I can credit your card without a quote, just one minute - and then the phone just went silent (I hung up after 5 mins!)!!!! Guess I'll have to wait til Nov to see whether it's been credited....(or wiped, but 7 points really isn't that much :))

Should have done what fatkev did! GGGrrrrr

Good luck to the rest of you!
  • mrs_monka
    mrs_monka Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Just phoned to get a quote on DH car insurance which is due this month. Was told that they had to speak to the main policy holder. Said he was at work and chap said not to worry, would put the points through anyway!

Happy days!!!:beer:
    2007 Comp Wins -Haribo Sweets, John Frieda Shampoo, Pet Shop Boys Tickets.

Feb 08 Grocery Challenge - Budget £360 - Spent £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport