Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    AP007
    After the Work Programme
    • 22nd Jul 13, 8:08 PM
    After the Work Programme 22nd Jul 13 at 8:08 PM
    So, secondary to the WP thread here there are a few who have now finished and have had their meetings at the JC.

What have they now put in place for you and how often are you going to the JC etc?

What 'support' have they offered you?

My meeting tomorrow is about support so would like to know what they have told you all here
    Last edited by AP007; 22-07-2013 at 9:15 PM.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 3
  • busy mom
    I was hoping someone would start a thread on this subject, found people's experiences interesting. I have just finished the WP and am awaiting my first appt/confrontation at the JC. No doubt feathers will fly but there is no way I am going in twice a week. Will let yall know what happens.
    Originally posted by Crazy_Larry
    This is obviously your right but be prepared to have your benefit sanctioned if you are booked and notified to attend more frequently than you currently do so, your reasons will be referred to a decison maker and you may lose benefit if you fail to attend without good cause.
    Only your feathers will fly as no skins off the staff nose if you end up with a benefit sanction.

I noticed you take repaeted jobsearch as you have stated in your previous thread, i would imagine this will be noticed once you start seeing the same person and they start ringing the employers whose jobs you state you have applied for.
    Last edited by busy mom; 24-07-2013 at 6:09 PM.
  • AP007
    For those that have ended the WP did you all get an exit report?

Mine was sent to the JC and they said they cant let me have a copy but the WP have lied and said I missed EIGHT appointments which I never did as I only missed 2 job searches due to being ill in the two years.

I have asked the WP for a copy and a list of the dates they say I have missed but they say since I am no longer on the WP they do not have to tell me or give me a copy of the report

Why are they allowed to lie and write c**p about me and not tell me the dates they are saying I never attended?

Can I request a copy under the freed of information act?

Anyone know?
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • busy mom
    For those that have ended the WP did you all get an exit report?

Mine was sent to the JC and they said they cant let me have a copy but the WP have lied and said I missed EIGHT appointments which I never did as I only missed 2 job searches due to being ill in the two years.

I have asked the WP for a copy and a list of the dates they say I have missed but they say since I am no longer on the WP they do not have to tell me or give me a copy of the report

Why are they allowed to lie and write c**p about me and not tell me the dates they are saying I never attended?

Can I request a copy under the freed of information act?

Anyone know?
    Originally posted by AP007
    No reason why JCP should not show you, you were present at the exit interview I presume so you have every right to see a copy I would expect. Did the adviser give a reason why the wouldn't show it?.

JCP are lucky to get an exit report only 10% or returners have a report sent.
  • AP007
    No reason why JCP should not show you, you were present at the exit interview I presume so you have every right to see a copy I would expect. Did the adviser give a reason why the wouldn't show it?.

JCP are lucky to get an exit report only 10% or returners have a report sent.
    Originally posted by busy mom
    Not at all. I never had an exit interview.

I asked to see it and she said 'I don't think I can show it to you'

I have now emailed her after the WP telling me this to ask if I can have a copy.

If I get now joy I will be pursing it with my MP and CH4 news team as the WP love to lie and make up things
    Last edited by AP007; 24-07-2013 at 7:56 PM.
  • leroy28
    lol yeah i can just imagine it now, headlines chanel 4 news, "shocking news tonight, a jobseeker isnt allowed to see his exit report, stay tuned
  • AP007
    lol yeah i can just imagine it now, headlines chanel 4 news, "shocking news tonight, a jobseeker isnt allowed to see his exit report, stay tuned
    Originally posted by leroy28
    Oh how you laugh, it is no joke

They wont let me see it as they have LIED!

ch4 news have contact me a few times about my experience on the WP and wanted to talk to me

This includes the FOUR times they reported me for not attending appointments that never where appointments!

I can only assume the report stating I missed 8 includes these 4 that they lied about and more made up ones no doubt,

If they have nothing to hide why not let me see it?
  • busy mom
    Were you not booked in for an exit interview? perhaps you 'didn't attend' it. Ring them up and ask for one!
  • AP007
    Were you not booked in for an exit interview? perhaps you 'didn't attend' it. Ring them up and ask for one!
    LOL Not at all. I attended my last 'review' and was told 'oh if I realised you were this near to the end (4 days) I would have told you not to bother to come in'

I said 'what happens now'

WP 'Our head office do a report and send it to the job centre and it should be there by the time you see them'

WP 'bye then'!

I cant ask for anything as the WP has ended and the report been produced without me being there as the office doesn't do them, the HO does and there are no exit interviews as I heard a guy before me and all he got was 'this is it then' & 'good luck'

the WP manager has told me they have provided the report as per their contact with the JCP and not me so they can not let me see it. So I can only assume they do it this way so they can lie in it.
    Last edited by AP007; 24-07-2013 at 11:22 PM.
  • busy mom
    To be frank the reports I have seen are very poor, the interviews I have covered I go through the exit report with the customer to clarify exactly what the provider has(n't) done with the jobseeker. I can't belive how many people have come back without even a basic C.V or one that hasn't been updated within 2 years.
  • AP007
    To be frank the reports I have seen are very poor, the interviews I have covered I go through the exit report with the customer to clarify exactly what the provider has(n't) done with the jobseeker. I can't belive how many people have come back without even a basic C.V or one that hasn't been updated within 2 years.
    Oh but the WP is great, no? LOL

Everyone seems to think it is

She didn't cover anything said in the report at all but I told her they didn't nothing and I only had my first apt last January as they could not be bothered to contact me and then I only went once a month for 11 months and that was for an review which lasted 5-10 mins , me doing all the talking and that was it.

One session on understanding the job market where I sat and did nothing as it was to set up LinkedIn profiles but I had one and had it for over 2 years

One session on interview technique where I was asked if I wanted to take the class then banned from answering the questions as she the 'advisor' said I knew too many of the answers - this was after I had been on the WP 21 months!!!

My CV is up to date with what I have been doing on the WP and me researching my family tree going back 250 years in 4 branches of the family and online course in Excel and keeping up to date with new version etc

I have a good CV and cover letter so the JCA and Careers service bloke said yesterday
  • krok
    This is obviously your right but be prepared to have your benefit sanctioned if you are booked and notified to attend more frequently than you currently do so, your reasons will be referred to a decison maker and you may lose benefit if you fail to attend without good cause.
    Only your feathers will fly as no skins off the staff nose if you end up with a benefit sanction.

I noticed you take repaeted jobsearch as you have stated in your previous thread, i would imagine this will be noticed once you start seeing the same person and they start ringing the employers whose jobs you state you have applied for.
    Im sorry Busy Mom but it is illegal for any Employer to give infomation out on a application without that persons permission.
    That is what the data protection act is all about.

You should know this as an adviser.
  • Daedalus
    Im sorry Busy Mom but it is illegal for any Employer to give infomation out on a application without that persons permission.

Originally posted by krok
    That is not what the DPA is about.
  • krok
    That is not what the DPA is about.
    Originally posted by Daedalus
    The law is the law. That is why all advisers have to get permission to contact and ask for information about any applicant.

That is why when you first apply for Jobseekers you have to tick a little box giving the job centre permission to contact your last employer.
    Last edited by krok; 28-07-2013 at 5:46 PM.
  • Daedalus
    The law is the law. That is why all advisers have to get permission to contact and ask for information about any applicant.

That is why when you first apply for Jobseekers you have to tick a little box giving the job centre permission to contact your last employer.
    The law is the law, however most people, including business and Government departments, don't know the law and for the most part err far on the side of caution.
  • busy mom

On the back of a jobseekers agreement there is a box to tick for this, allowing JCP to contact employers for feedback, in my district it is also standard to ask customers to sign an additional consent to share information to support them into work. Limited information is shared ie Mr Small from Smallvill, sent C.V. for said job betwen ...date and ...date.

If vacancies are signed to UJ then this consent is also signed by the employer.
  • Morlock
    On the back of a jobseekers agreement there is a box to tick for this, allowing JCP to contact employers for feedback, in my district it is also standard to ask customers to sign an additional consent to share information to support them into work. Limited information is shared ie Mr Small from Smallvill, sent C.V. for said job betwen ...date and ...date.

If vacancies are signed to UJ then this consent is also signed by the employer.
    You have repeatedly stated that employers who advertise on UJM automatically consent to sharing information about third-party applications with the DWP. This is not the case, in order to disclose information about a third-party, an employer would need that third-party's permission.

Please stop pedalling the myth that because an employer advertises on UJM, they must share any applicants' details with the DWP. Here are the terms and conditions for employers registering with UJM: http://jobvacancies.businesslink.gov.uk/terms/dwpterms.aspx?

Please highlight where it states the DPA does not apply to employers advertising on UJM, and that information about applicants must be shared with the DWP upon request.
  • AP007
    You have repeatedly stated that employers who advertise on UJM automatically consent to sharing information about third-party applications with the DWP. This is not the case, in order to disclose information about a third-party, an employer would need that third-party's permission.

Please stop pedalling the myth that because an employer advertises on UJM, they must share any applicants' details with the DWP. Here are the terms and conditions for employers registering with UJM: http://jobvacancies.businesslink.gov.uk/terms/dwpterms.aspx?

Please highlight where it states the DPA does not apply to employers advertising on UJM, and that information about applicants must be shared with the DWP upon request.
    Originally posted by Morlock
    A lot of the adverts on the UJM are not even by the employer or original advertiser.

for example. - I see at least 90% of my job search from CV Library so you click that link and its an agency advertising on CVL but then CVL have put an advert on UJM. I guess the advertiser has no idea this is happening.

Or another site called Strike Jobs
  • AP007
    But anyway getting back to the thread I have had no exit interview and have no idea at all what the WP wrote about me other than the lies saying I missed 8 appointments!

I am expecting a call from the JC on Wednesday so will ask her again for a copy but this wont tell me the date I was supposed to have missed and the WP wont tell me.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 29th Jul 13, 2:58 PM
    • 35,247 Posts
    • 22,247 Thanks
    DCFC79
    A lot of the adverts on the UJM are not even by the employer or original advertiser.

for example. - I see at least 90% of my job search from CV Library so you click that link and its an agency advertising on CVL but then CVL have put an advert on UJM. I guess the advertiser has no idea this is happening.
    Originally posted by AP007
    Yes Im seeing alot of ads for jobs from agencies rather than employers and have also seen alot of jobs with links for the CV Library job site.
  • AP007
    Yes Im seeing alot of ads for jobs from agencies rather than employers and have also seen alot of jobs with links for the CV Library job site.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Agencies can advertise as its the same as putting an advert on Jobsite say but someone who advertises on CVL then without knowing CVL and adding them all on UJM its a 3rd party advert.

I have told the JC this and they had no idea about it!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

238Posts Today

2,301Users online

Martin's Twitter